Christmas Eve!

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
What do you all do/have planned for Christmas Eve?

Usually we stay home, last year we went out for tea which was nice. However I always find the kids are crazy hyper. They end up getting on my nerves, undo all my tidying and are just wild. Was thinking of maybe going out to town, taking them to the cinema and out for tea and then by time we get home will be time to do baths and settle down with their film and Xmas eve stuff.
Was thinking instead of doing the usual bits in the Xmas eve box that end up making a mess and not really getting looked at cause their hyper putting cinema tickets in the bag instead, some popcorn and such and just doing that.

We are going to stay home all day when and watch Christmas films. In the evening we will put out a plate for santa and Rudolph. I have painted a personalised plate this year :)

We always stay at home. We have a nice breakfast (we do Christmas Eve rather than christmas day. Play some games and watch films. Basically just waiting around lol

In the evening we get our Xmas Eve box which has new PJs, reindeer food and snowman soup this year. Put out a plate for santa.

I'd like to go out and do something but everywhere feels crazy and busy so rather stay indoors.

Oh gosh I feel you! Spend all day tidying and kids undo it within 5 minutes....brutal.

People always visit us on xmas eve and I totally get its nice but...when you are prepping xmas dinner, trying to bath kids, keep house in order etc it's chaos. I end up getting couple hours sleep by time I've squared everything up.

So may copy you and take kids to cinema about 5ish then home have take away do xmas crafts and movie. Then the usual mince pie for santa & milk etc then bath with their new bath bombs and bed xx

We don't do a proper Christmas eve box. I just choose one or two of their presents to give them on Christmas eve that I think will keep them entertained. This year ds1 and 2 have phones, ds3 has a wwe figure and ds4 has moon sand. The little two also have some toy guns that ds2 will probably end up getting in on. We have buffet food and play board games. This year BIL is coming round too so while they'll probably be excited by the extra person, it's also an extra person to distract them.
I think cinema tickets sound fun though, and should eat up a good portion of the day

We are going to Christmas Eve mass then over to the in laws for a Buffett style dinner . DH May dress up as Santa which DD2 hates lol .
Come home fresh pjs, leave Santa stuff out then to bed !

Last year we took the girls to flamingo land (theme park/zoo). It was really quiet and it made the day busy, so didn't feel like time was dragging. I might have to work this Xmas Eve, so haven't made any plans yet.

By the time we go to time, look round the Xmas market, see Fenwicks window, see the film, have food then it will probs take up a fair bit of the day hopefully haha!

You guys who have people over are brave haha!! I’m always a massive stress on Christmas Eve trying to keep the house in order. My boys wouldn’t sit and watch films all day they barely sit and watch the one right before bed they just wanna jump around hyper. Hopefully if we go out it might break the day up a bit. Will try it and if it’s a disaster we will go back to old ways next year haha!

We also will have our North Pole breakfast on the morning.

Unless it's a sit down dinner with certain family members I don't care really. We had people round the other Christmas and it was a major stress for them to all eat next to nothing and then go round BILs and have food! Never doing that again, but we are very much 'take us as you find us' BIL invited himself round so he can take what he gets haha

DH is at work on Christmas Eve but my company has decided to close that day so I’m off work for a change. So it’s just me and the boys during the day.

We are going to pick up my food order early in the day and will pick up any last minute things we needs.
We need to pop into both my parents and my in-laws to pick up/drop off presents.
Going to make some cookies or something to leave out for santa in the afternoon.
Going to do pizza in front of a Christmas movie for tea and maybe play a game or two.

I don’t really have anyone round over Christmas. Will visit my mam Boxing Day but that’s it really.

I always liked the idea of making cookies Xmas eve but it never happens! One year haha!

We will probably just go for a little walk, possibly visit a few family members that live close by but it will be very chilled out. We have the Christmas eve box with activities in so want to spend most of our time at home doing these, for the evening we have a movie picked out so we will have early baths lay a 'bed' out in the living room and share pop corn, hot chocolate and a few sweeties with a family movie. We will then put the santa stop here sign outside along with the 'reindeer food' and watch out for the national space station if the times come together well. It keeps him busy and everyone happy.

See in the past I have done the Xmas eve box with activities in but the kids tend to not bother with the stuff maybe half an hour or colouring.
If not cinema I’m thinking soft play will get some energy out haha! That’s if any are open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->