Christmas ham...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleM

Reaction score
Ok so last year my mil passed away. Every year she used to cook hubby a ham and he wants me to make it for him this year. It was roast ham covered in mustard and sugar. Does anybody have any recipes for this or any tips. I feel under pressure to make it as good as his mum. He said he didn't want it last year as it was too raw (pun not intended):haha:

I have a great ham recipe which is coated in mustard and honey? I will try ad find a link - its a winner and really easy too.

Traditional honey-glazed gammon

- best match as I can find is in bbc website - its a hairy bikers recipe- there were lots of sugar and mustard ones when I googled good luck

I boil it first (I actually do it in slow cooker but you can do pressure cooker or just saucepan of water.) Then cover with honey, cloves, mustard, Brown sugar or whatever you use and bake in oven with a drop of cider in the roasting dish. I start it with tinfoil over then remove so the meat gets browned but the honey etc doesn't burn. I cook mine for about 6 hrs in slow cooker then 2 hrs in oven (but usually the oven is on a different day!) Be careful lifting the ham out of the water as it will be very tender and fall apart. I don't boil it up and throw the water out then boil again in new water; this used to be recommended but hams these days aren't as salty so I don't think it needs it.

This is what my Mum does every year, it is incredible:

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/ginger-glazed-ham

Second the nigella recipe as it's delicious but would be different to what his nan would've done x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"