Christmas help

Missyme123

Reaction score
Hey all fellow Santa grotto people .. it’s that time of year again.. yay!!
So straight to the point, anyone else have young kids who just won’t play with toys..

Mine will play on the iPad for half hour after tea.. but when they aren’t on those awful things. They will play in the garden or just pull the toys out and leave them laid on the floor and won’t actually sit and play.

any help or advice and tips on getting round this. Or what you buy when your kids don’t play with actual toys would be very welcome

thanks everyone :D

My son… he won’t play with toys, he only really likes gaming, his birthday is a month before too so I have double the amount to get which doesn’t help when he doesn’t like or want anything

It is so tough when they stop playing with toys but are too young to appreciate things you'd give teens/adults. I think it depends on what they are in to, ds1 was big in to games and I didnt want to just buy gaming stuff which made it quite tricky, while ds2 was really in to his sports so I'd get things to do with that. Even now ds2 is a pain as he never knows what he wants himself.
Thankfully my others still love their toys.
How old are yours? Boys or girls?

They play outside, is there an option for something a bit exciting for the garden?

My oldest has never been that into toys. It's so hard. At least this year he has a gaming system so I can buy him a game. Do they collect anything? Or have a favourite show or something to start collecting things from?

It is so tough when they stop playing with toys but are too young to appreciate things you'd give teens/adults. I think it depends on what they are in to, ds1 was big in to games and I didnt want to just buy gaming stuff which made it quite tricky, while ds2 was really in to his sports so I'd get things to do with that. Even now ds2 is a pain as he never knows what he wants himself.
Thankfully my others still love their toys.
How old are yours? Boys or girls?

Aw it’s like my kids don’t even know what they are into.. they change their minds too much. The twins are only 5! Iv never known this with my oldest kids! It’s driving me mad I go in the room and look around and think I could get rid of all the toys and they wouldn’t bat an eye! Xx

My oldest has never been that into toys. It's so hard. At least this year he has a gaming system so I can buy him a game. Do they collect anything? Or have a favourite show or something to start collecting things from?

They change their minds too much. And find the collectible get opened and then just sit n a draw.. until I have a clear out.. I’m so stuck this year x

Could you do some experience gifts, like zoo/cinema memberships? Art supplies. Board games. I'm doing all mine a book box, so each one has a theme based on the book, the youngest has the new Christmasaurus picture book, some wooden dino stackers, a cup, chocolate (older ones will also have hot chocolate) a cuddly dinosaur and a dinosaur pop it. Last year they mad movie night buckets so they each had a large popcorn bucket with a dvd and snacks in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->