Christmas is over....kinda

c1403

Reaction score
Well, it kind of is....my youngest has just come down with chicken pox. My eldest has never had it and neither have I. We have our school fair and Santa train ride this weekend (won't be able to go) and DD1 has her first Christmas play next Tuesday so if she gets it she won't be able to go to that either. I guess it's better to get it out of the way and we should be in the clear Christmas Day itself, though we will be at home alone anyway. Feeling a bit poo about it and soooo disappointed :-(

Aww I'm sorry - that is really disappointing when you had so much planned. I really hope you and your eldest don't go down with it and your youngest soon gets over it. My dd had it when she was younger and she wasn't really that poorly, just a bit off it for a few days. She also didn't have that many spots. Once they crust over you're not supposed to be contagious anymore. x

:-( poor you guys...not good, but like you say at least it'll all be out the way before the day itself.

Sorry you might miss things. Maybe you could do something at home Christmassy instead.

When I had chicken pox as a child I missed seeing Santa at school, then my sister caught it and had it Christmas Day!

Thanks all....My plan is to do some baking and crafts at home....bit hard with the one year old!

oh no :(
this is my worst fear! neither of my two have had it yet!
hope lo is better soon

Aww sorry to hear that. I will say my boys have never actually been ill with in even though all 4 have now had it. It meant they couldn't go out, but it didn't stop them being their normal self so the Christmas stuff at home could still be fun. But you may find the rest of you don't get it, ds1, and 2 never passed it on when they had it. But ds4 had it exactly 2 weeks after Ds3.

Aww no, I hope your LO is better soon :hugs:

They are both full of colds too. Hoping just dd2 gets it so we can go out next week. We had so many things planned (parties, fairs, plays etc) all next week. Grrr. Thing is now I know she has it I would never knowingly expose others to it so we will just have to deal with it at home.

Question...she doesn't have many spots, probably 10-15 noticeable ones. How did your DC pox show up and how long from the first one to the last? I have read it varies loads so will just monitor her.

That stinks:( Sorry you're going to be missing so many of your planned events. Definitely look up some crafty stuff you can do at home to keep in the holiday spirits! Maybe do some gingerbread houses, make some paper snowflakes, popcorn strings, etc with the kids.

My eldest only had a few spots but the ones he had have left little poc marks he wasn't ill at all, give them a bath to bring out all the spots and I think it is bi carb to dry out the spots in the bath helps also.

My. Youngest has never had chicken pox and with us going to florida in May next year, spring time being prime season for chicken pox I am going to get him the vaccination for chicken pox jan/ February time

My 5 year old had the last amount of spots, he had a total of 7! I don't know how many ds4 had, more than 20 but they were all out within the first few days

Once the spots have scabbed over you're okay to be out and about again. Sorry about the rubbish timing! I hope they don't have it too badly.

Hope your Lo is on the mend. DS1 had it at start of august and had about 50 spots but was in great form. Ds2 got it exactly 10 days later and got it really bad. Had about 100 on his face alone. He was very sick with it first 3-4 days but started to crust over very fast.

Oh that is a shame :hugs: We all started puking at 5pm last Christmas Eve, our whole Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing day were ruined :( Hopefully by Christmas your little one should be over the worst of it. (fingers crossed for you)

We are slowly on the mend. I am not sure now if it was pox or not as she had probably 10 spots on her whole body and they faded quickly. She also had a cold and three teeth pop up. OH is taking them to see Father Christmas on Monday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->