CIN I-II - any experience

starangel27

Reaction score
Hi

I had my smear test a year & a half late due to been pregnant at the time then had to wait the 6 months after the birth before i could have the smear. Anyway this was over a year ago now & i got an abnormal smear which lead to me having a biopsy this came back as inflamation & to have another smear in 6 months that also came back abnormal i have just had a letter from my hospital to say its CIN I-II and they will do another biopsy in 6 months again.

Does anyone have any experience of this? can this stop me having more children in the future?

Hi
I have had a few abnormal smears and had to have cells removed from my cervix due to CIN III. I don't have any children at present but I am currently 9 weeks pregnant. I did have a miscarriage a few months after the treatment but have been told this may just be coincidental. Fingers crossed this pregnancy will be ok. I'm supposed to have smears every year now but due to pregnancy won't be able to have one this year.
It is scary being told there are abnormalities but at least they have been caught before they could turn nasty. I was worried about having a baby afterwards but the gyno said it shouldn't make any difference.
If you are worried speak to your gyno/GP.
Hope this helps

I had treatment for CIN III in 2004 and have since had 3 healthy pregnancies.

I had CIN II and had to have a colposcopy followed by loop diathermy treatment to remove part of my cervix in my early 20's- think I was 21. Now 28 and have had a healthy baby boy, no problems in my pregnancy. So don't worry. You will be fine I'm sure, the changes are still early so they'll be wanting to give them a chance to change back before they do any treatment anyway. Best of luck with it all :)

thanks for the replys its helped to put my mind at rest i have my 3rd biopsy booked in for September i was just worried all the biopsys they are doing that its going to have an effect on any future pregnancys.

I was the same I had to wait 6months after birth and it came back CIN3 I had it all taken away but I'm going back next month and are I little nervous but it's so easily treated x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->