Circumcision

PS. To those that think it doesn't hurt the baby all that much, I suggest you watch a video of a boy being circumcised, I did the last time this topic was brought up and it brought me to tears. I don't know how you can think it doesn't. :cry:

i don't think anyone doubts it will "hurt" im sure any operation will hurt regardless of age or location.

I've never seen the video, refuse to watch it as i am sure it will be biased, but from what i know, they are given pain relief and such and shouldn't feel a thing. a Baby could be crying because the room is cold. I think hospitals are a bit more advance these days...

don't watch this at work. 5 minutes ago i was going to circumsize, if this is really the ways its done NO WAY! :cry:

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6584757516627632617

I couldn't watch all of that movie. Stopped it under halfway. I didn't have the sound on but it still made me upset.
I would like to hear from someone in Aus who has gotten their son/s circumsised, as I don't believe it would be legal to do it without anaesthetic.

in the states it is abnormal NOT to be circumsized and i know they do not use any type of anesthetic. i dont even personally know 1 guy who isnt, but mine will NOT be.

i couldnt watch it all either, and i did not turn on the sound at all. i watched it at work and wasnt really prepared for what i saw...

Research has suggested that an uncut foreskin has some advantages- this reasearch from New Zealand:

More orgasms for the female:
https://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/408/60750.html

APA (American Pediatrics Association) opinion:

The American Academy of Pediatrics revised their policy statement on circumcision in March 1999, and this policy is supported by the American Medical Association. Their summary of the policy is the following:

"Existing scientific evidence demonstrates potential medical benefits of newborn male circumcision; however, these data are not sufficient to recommend routine neonatal circumcision. In circumstances in which there are potential benefits and risks, yet the procedure is not essential to the child's current well-being, parents should determine what is in the best interest of the child. To make an informed choice, parents of all male infants should be given accurate and unbiased information and be provided the opportunity to discuss this decision. If a decision for circumcision is made, procedural analgesia should be provided."

My DH is not cut either. I have 'experience' with both and much prefer the uncut myself. And because I have found no good evidence why a natural occuring part of the body must be removed, it is my position to leave my male children intact - and let them decide.

JMHO :)

if we have a boy, circumcision is not even an option!

I don't like circumcision. I think it's sort of... weird, actually.
Men were made with forskin, and frankly, I think it should stay on there!

But to each their own, definately.

Well, I do circs (Im a ped).

And btw, the use of local anesthesia is now routine here in the states, and has been for some time.

The procedure is shown the way it is really done, if you use a Gomco clamp (slightly different with other techniques) but I would NEVER EVER EVER circ a kid without lidocaine injection first (like you get at the dentist). The topical stuff really doesnt work (obviously, as that child is FREAKING OUT and IN PAIN - that is NOT a "Im crying b/c Im strapped down" cry).

With lidocaine injection, I wait until the kiddo is calm/asleep after the injection and generally, they dont freak out. I also let them have their arms up by their chests (kind of half-bundled) instead of strapping them down. No way around strapping down the legs, though. Most of them sleep through it when I do it.

We also give them a sugar water solution on a pacifier, which helps them be calm about being strapped down (doesnt work to keep calm if it's pain).

And that doc is a butthead, at least from his comments.

Star

I dont agree with it that is my personal opinion. My Oh is fine and he wasnt done. My friends lil boy had it done when he was a baby and he screamed for 3 days non stop he was in that much pain bless him.

People say its cleaner but a man should be able to pull back his foreskin and clean it my ohs is very clean all the time and never experiences pain.

xxxx

i thought it was a religion thing, why do people get it done lol i dont know much about it but iv never heard of anybody i know getting it done x

No I'm not a fan of them.

My DH was circumcised at birth because of a "Problem" we've both searched for this problem and have found nothing on it. He was born around the time when they were the latest new trend. All the rage.

Sure there are problems that sometimes lead to one being needed but we've both decided. If there is no medical reason for one why go through the risk. There's infection to consider, damage. No sorry. I don't think I'm in any position to decide what my son should have done to his body unless it's necessary.

I'm sure if DH could change the events of things he wouldn't have had one. He's obviously looked it up and done his research but the problems he has now wouldn't be there if he wasn't circumcised.

I'm keeping it vague for a reason :D

Personally unless there is a medical reason and its in the best interest of the child it shouldnt be done but then thats my own opinion. Surely it should be up to the child when they are an adult to make the decision themselves if its for any other reason other than medical. As for it being cleaner to be done what a load of crap!!!!!! lol.
If my son wants it done then thats his decision for him to make when he is older. He is only 3 at the moment and i surely wont be making that decision for him ever!!!!!

I do not agree with making that kind of decision about your child's 'bits', if he wants it done when he is older (like my hubby) then fair enough. This 'oh we must get it done' is a pile of rubbish. Men are born with a full foreskin so leave it there! Sorry, but I think it's cruel. I think this is the common feeling (not everyones though) in the UK.

One thing I will say about a cut man, its cleaner and sex is better. I do support but only if the man needs to be cut due to medical reasons.

Personally unless there is a medical reason and its in the best interest of the child it shouldnt be done but then thats my own opinion. Surely it should be up to the child when they are an adult to make the decision themselves if its for any other reason other than medical. As for it being cleaner to be done what a load of crap!!!!!! lol.
If my son wants it done then thats his decision for him to make when he is older. He is only 3 at the moment and i surely wont be making that decision for him ever!!!!!

Well said!

evey man i have ever seen down there has been ''intact'' including my hubby. Hubby has never had an issue with hygene or pain. Unless It ever became an issue for my hubby or my sons if i had any, i wouldnt have it done.
Im from england though, its more common to be uncircum for men here.

I am not circ'ing because I'm not Jewish or Muslim. As for cleanliness that is supposed to be a myth. Like any part of the body if it s kept cleaned the infection percentages drop.

We had both of our boys circumcised. On our first they used the PlastiBel. It cups over the penis and they twist it in a circle and it cuts off the foreskin and leaves a ring on the penis. When this heals the ring falls off and your good to go. On our second son they didn't use the PlastiBel and they didn't remove as much of the skin as they could have. They removed it from the head of the penis but not from the shaft of the penis. We had to make sure when he wet a diaper that we got it off of him as soon as possible because he would breakout in a red rash under the foreskin that was left. Now that he is potty training it's not a concern, but for the first two years it was a problem.

Now we are pregnant with our 3rd boy and we will again circumcise, but with the PlastiBel again. We had less problems with the completely circumcised option, and I too worry about boys in the locker room. Kids can be cruel and I here that circumcisions later on in life suck.

I totally agree with people having their own opinion..... But on the whole hygiene thing.... well, my little boys could get and ear infection from them not being clean, or threadworm from not cleaning under their nails... but I wouldn't go as far as to chop their ears or fingers off to stop it happening. My eldest Lewis, went through a period in his 2nd year, where his wily would balloon quite big when he wee-d. I read up on this, and subsequently went to the doctor, concerned that this may mean his skin hadn't seperated properly. The doctor encouraged gradual pulling back of the foreskin when he was in the bath. He was quite shocked that I thought this was going to mean he'd have to have a curcumcision. I showed Lewis what to do, and it's part of his dily routine now (he's 5), to pull back and clean. sorry if TMI.. but I think to worry about infection isn't a valid reason... thats a simple matter of personal hygiene... Also... having the little boy circumcised because 'it increases sensation' or 'looks better'.... why would you be thinking of that for your child?? If it's 'because everyone else has had theirs done', why encourage a peer pressure society. Again... I know it's a personal opinion... but shouldn't it be the childs personal decision? or doctors?

*Get's back in box* :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->