claiming you mat. leave back from your annual earning

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
i just thought i would let you girls know this since its weeks 52 of the tax year and renewal forms for tax credits should be coming out in the post soon.

last year i attempted to claim back my mat leave (from rhys) back from my annual earnings but was told i was too late but i can def claim it back for Ffion for this year.

how it works is...

my annual earnings are about 6,000, i spent 39 weeks on maternity leave this year. because i was on maternity pay for the entire 39 weeks i am entiled for 100 pounds per week of that taken off my annual earnings for this year. so i can take 3,900 from my 6,000 total and tell them that my earnings were only 2,100 for this year.

altough the government does not advertise that you can do this YOU CAN!!!

Yep I did this too and its worked ok for us, means our CTC covers our childcare :)

xxx

i was so gutted i missed out on it with Rhys but no way am i going to this year!!! woopwoop

linzi do you know that you can claim for help with childcare through tax credits too? they pay for 80% of rhys and ffions childcare

Sorry - CTC, child tax credits.

:)

xxx

I thought it tells you on the calculator not to count the first £100 for each week on Matty leave? You jsut count the £17 or whatever.
To be honest I am rather confused by it all :(. They love to make it hard for us!!
Next year I don't go back till the end of April from maty leave, so I will only have worked 1 month out of the year, the rest on maternity leave.......so I am not sure how on earth to work it out!

I will have 1 month at 1189
then the 6 weeks at 90%
then the 33 weeks at SMP.....then that's it.
Its below the level for income tax to, so I shouldn't have to pay that should i?? Do I have to wait to claim that back??

Thanks tezzy :) when do they send you out a new form to fill in for this tax year? or do i have to request one?

So does it affect your CTC and WTC much? As im over the threshold to qualify for WTC but if i knocked my mat leave off at £100 per week i would just scrape through.

im not sure hun, i didnt think about that. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->