Clarice?

wolfQ

Reaction score
Hubby likes the name Clarice....but all I can hear is "Hello Clarice" in a creepy voice from silence of the lambs. I don't know that I can ever get that out of my head and think of the name differently and I wonder if she would get the same creepy Clarice voice said to her later on. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

hahaha oh dear me too!!!

What about just Clare, Clair or Claire?

Oh, she would definitely hear the creepy voice growing up, lol. It's still a really nice name, though. In a related note, Starling was on my shortlist.

My name is Claire. I've only gotten the "Hello Clarice" reference once in my life when the last Hannibal movie came out. Other than that, I always get people commenting on how pretty my name is. I know that is not 100% the same, but, I just thought I'd share. I don't think a lot of younger children will know about the "hello Clarice" thing, so, you wouldn't have to worry much about peers using that until at least middle school. And, that is if they even stumble across 'The Silence of the Lambs'.

I think Clarice is a pretty name. If you are not too fond of it, though, what about another form of the name such as Clarissa or Clara?

Nope it's the creepy voice... I would not be able to get past it

Pretty name, however I think she would be riddled with the "hello clarice" comments every single time she introduced herself.

I pictured Anthony Hopkins licking his lips creepily through the jail cell bars....lol sorry!!

Can't ft passed the movie. Sorry!!

Clara and Claire are lovely

I thought of the movie just seeing your thread title... And I know I wouldn't be able to get past it... :nope:

I like Clarissa or Clara as an alternative, I've never seen the movie so I don't have the connection with the whole creepy voice thing.

I'm going to have nightmares tonight lol. Yeah sorry, it's all I can think of too. I do like what others have suggested with Clarrisa though - very pretty.

I thought of Anthony Hopkins saying it in crazy voice before I even opened the thread...sorry :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->