Clean washing machine

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I don't even know where to put this so feel free to move it to the right place if it's not allowed here!

My washing machine smells of poo, my OH is adamant that he didn't wash anything with poo on it but the smell is there and I know I haven't!
How do I get rid of it? It's made my last wash smell and obviously I don't want to wash anything else in there!
Please help

No idea but you could try running a clean cycle and used tide wash machine cleaner and see if it helps. it'll clean it and run a cycle with no clothes so I tight help rinse out whatever is in it.

White vinegar fixes everything!! I had accidentally locked one of our cats inside when we went out one day and he peed on the carpet. Can't blame him, he needed to go. So I scrubbed baking soda into it and sprayed with white vinegar and left to dry. I scrubbed it with a nail brush (I did throw it out afterwards) to remove any clumps of baking soda that was left and hoovered the spot. If it can get tom cat pee out of carpet then it should work in your machine. Try it on a hot wash though. :)

I would try vinegar on a hot cycle or get one of those washing machine cleaning tablets.

Another vinegar advocate. You can use that along with bicarb of soda. Id run a cold rinse then the a long wash on the hottest setting you can put it on. I used to wash cloth nappies and did this every few weeks. Never had an issue with smells.

I've just had this same problem although not a poo smell !! Mine just smelt awful !

I ran a hot wash and then cleaned all the door seal with Dettol washing machine cleaner and then ran another got wash with some Dettol in the dispenser. Smells nice and clean now although I am going to try the vinegar !

I have used the tide washing machine cleaner before. I like the smell and it really works.

However, since that time I've grown very fond of white vinegar and it's so much cheaper. I haven't done the washer but it's great for the dishwasher.

Thanks! Have sent OH out for white vinegar, hope it does the trick:)

Fingers crossed the white vinegar helps :)

They start to go mouldy and musty as they are wet and don't dry out properly ever - that's where the bad smell comes from. You just need to do a hot wash with no clothes and some laundry powder, bleach or vinegar to clean the bowl. Always leave the door open when it's not in use too so it dries out better and doesn't keep the moisture in.

I wash poo in mine all the time (diapers) and it doesn't smell, but I always leave the door open for moisture.

I also recommend vinegar.

Am I being thick by wondering how your washing machine doesn't smell like vinegar after?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->