Cleaning nose?

stepmum

Oliver's Mummy
Reaction score
Has anyone got any tips to clear my LO's nose? His teeny nostrils are too small for those nose aspirator things if thats what they are called and I hate seeing him with dry bogey (sorry!) that won't come out lol

I actually put a tissue under his nose the other day and was telling him to blow, half expecting him to be a genius and understand what I was saying, he obviously just looked at me blankly!:dohh:

Is it safe to use a cotton bud to gently draw anything out? I don't like the idea of putting anything in his nose in case he jerks his head and I jab him or something :shrug:

i know its a bit disgusting but ive always used my nail on my LO its easier to control than using a cotton bud xx

The top of a kirby clip is really good. It's small,not sharp and the round bit catches them to take them out.

ooh now a kirby clip I can do, my fingernails are unfortunately too short lol.

The sucky things aren't good and in fact pulling bogies out of the nose can be really irritating for them. We used a saline nasal spray which works very well, it loosens the snot and it comes away naturally.

We dropped saline up his nose, then twisted up a tissue a few minutes later (so it had a point on it) and then tickled his nostrils (up them!) and away he went sneezing and a lot came out.

+ 1 for saline solution! it really helps. there are also little 'kits' with tubes that you suck on one end (obviously there's a filter in the middle there =p ) to pull out secretions

Saline drops and kirby grips have worked for Serena since she was about 4 weeks old. I sometimes get a sneeze with just the saline and can mop it all up even before the kirby grip! :0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->