cleaning/tidying routines?

SazzleB

Reaction score
Hi,
now I've got 2 under 2 i seem to be struggling to keep the house as tidy and clean as i would like. I feel like i am barely getting the bare minimum done i.e washing, dishes, hoovering.
What are your cleaning routines? do you do the whole house in one day? or one room a day etc? any tips to help me out would be much appreciated!

Hi i have 3 lo's & I've had to lower my standards lol
i load the dishwasher as i go, put washer on every morning usually twice, wipe over the kitchen & bathroom ,make beds & Hoover downstairs everyday. then i do 1 room 'properly' every day like today I've moved everything in the kitchen & scrubbed it. hth xx

I've only got the one but I leave everything until he's gone to bed it's pointless for me trying to tidy sweep and mop whilst he's awake. I always make sure I wipe the kitchen sides down, wash pots etc as I use them and will tidy his toys away whilst he's watching the bed time hour on cbeebies. People think I'm mad for cleaning as soon as he's gone to sleep because it should be my time but I can't relax knowing the house is messy anyway but it's impossible during the day because we go outside alot and come back in so if I was to mop or whatever during the day it'd get dirty within an hour and also I can make sure it's lovely and clean for when I wake up in the morning.

Xx

I just try go over the full house if I can that is!! but this is what I do everyday as I go along.......

wipe the loo over and bleach it, spray the bath with bleach spray and next time I need the loo I will wipe it over and rinse it with the shower.

Make the beds & pick up toys off LO's floor

hoover the living room and kitchen floors, tidy toys up

wash up, clean sides down, wipe oven and microwave down

load of washing, dry it and put it away as soon as its done, makes things much easier than letting it build up.

and maybe dust the living room and hoover the stairs every 2-3 days

I like to have most things done by the time the kids are in bed so I can relax for an hour before I go to bed.

My standards are lower now too haha!

When we come down in morning I put a wash on and put the pots away the DH will have washed before work,

Sort out yesterdays clean washing and hang out the wet stuff when that's done

About 3pm I clean the kitchen and sweep it etc and get ready to make tea, DH gives it a once over and washes up either after tea or in morning before work of we're tired or busy!

I tidy LOs toys away before we go to bed so it's tidy for morning,

I clean the bathroom every couple of days,

Change the beds about once a week and de clutter our room about the same,

Hoover every few days as and when I see it needs doing,

I clean the windows about once a week or so,

Thanks ladies!
Im going to use all of your ideas :) need to work on getting baby to sleep earlier i think, i put toddler to bed at 7pm but 7 til 10.30 is baby's awake time so i get no peace.
My standards have dropped but Im definitely going to try and do one room properly a day, put washing away as soon as its dry and i love the spray the bath and rinse when at loo idea.
Xx

I wash up the lunch & dinner stuff in one go (unless i find a spare 10mins in-between which is rare!!)
I will hoover the bedrooms while DS plays and while DD is at school but i never touch the living room/kitchen (same room) floor until the kids are in bed as it'd just get filthy again!
I get the children to put away the majority of their toys after they have finished playing with them and we will race to see who can do it fastest.
Hth xx

Thanks ladies!
Im going to use all of your ideas :) need to work on getting baby to sleep earlier i think, i put toddler to bed at 7pm but 7 til 10.30 is baby's awake time so i get no peace.
My standards have dropped but Im definitely going to try and do one room properly a day, put washing away as soon as its dry and i love the spray the bath and rinse when at loo idea.
Xx

Glad you like some of my ideas :D I have learnt to juggle housework with 3 kids lol xx

i tend to do 1 room a day, i only have 1 LO but quite often have my Friends 3 month old... while hes asleep i set my LO a task of drawing or reading me a book in baby jibberish, puzzles etc something just outside the room im doing or even helping me. like taking things to certain rooms. ok she puts it on the floor but it helps. lol or putting things in washing machine. shes a good little sweeper too! lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->