Clear Blue Digital Ovulation Test Question

Chiochick

Reaction score
Hi All!

I just used a clear blue digital ovulation test for the first time. I read in the instructions to start testing on day 8 and then continue testing onward for a 28 day cycle so the test gets a read on your levels. I got a peak fertility symbol (solid smile) but I'm confused. My apps say ovulation isn't until the 19th or so. I'm on day 10 of my cycle. Is it accurate or just picking up peak fertility since I tested later than I should?

Thank you!

I can't answer your question, I've never actually used one of those before. I just had a question for you, are these digital test reusable? I was thinking of getting one.

I can't answer your question, I've never actually used one of those before. I just had a question for you, are these digital test reusable? I was thinking of getting one.

I bought a box that has 10 test strips that you insert into a plastic digital reader. The reader comes in the box. The reader is reusable but the strips are a one time use. So this box allows me to test 10 times with 1 purchase.

I bought a box that has 10 test strips that you insert into a plastic digital reader. The reader comes in the box. The reader is reusable but the strips are a one time use. So this box allows me to test 10 times with 1 purchase.
Oh I see, okay thank you! So does that mean you would have to buy a new kit after you're done using those 10 strips?

Oh I see, okay thank you! So does that mean you would have to buy a new kit after you're done using those 10 strips?

When I bought them, I had a choice between 10 strips or 20 strips. I'm not sure if you can get more than 20. But once you're out of test strips, you'd have to buy a new box.

What does the strip look like when you eject it? In my experience, I used them A LOT, it looks like a traditional opk. If the left line is just as dark or darker then you’ve definitely surged. I usually got my solid the days before I Oed. Some people see the spike as early as two days before. I’ve Oed many times at 11 or 12 and just had a short cycle. Your app is going to predict a date based on your patterns/average women. So if it’s saying the 19th, sounds like it’s just because that’s CD 14 and on average women O on the 14th day. Trust your lh surge and dtd today and tomorrow for sure.

you do have to buy a new kit. I bought the one from Amazon with 20 sticks though. The only upside to digital is no guesswork/your flashing smiles as your lh starts to increase. I just like poas lol so I did them and just store brand opk from Walgreens a third of the price lol

Hi All!

I just used a clear blue digital ovulation test for the first time. I read in the instructions to start testing on day 8 and then continue testing onward for a 28 day cycle so the test gets a read on your levels. I got a peak fertility symbol (solid smile) but I'm confused. My apps say ovulation isn't until the 19th or so. I'm on day 10 of my cycle. Is it accurate or just picking up peak fertility since I tested later than I should?

Thank you!

I used something similar to this I think you maybe using the well advanced one but I used the ones that look like a pen so to speak don't no how else to describe it :haha: anyway these need a highter amount of levels of lh, I used cheapie testing strips aswell to double check, so I'd definitely say very reliable lovely xx

Thank you, ladies! I didn't even realize you could eject it and read lines! I've attached a pic. We dtd today and will again tomorrow but probably through the weekend for good measure :lol:

Def early end of a surge but def a surge. Glad you were able to DTD and have plans to do it tom. Lots of baby dust!

Yeah, I was a bit obsessive about opks and hpts. :rofl: I would test like 2-4x a day once I got my flashing smile because eI just had to watch my surge get to super dark and then lighten again. I was also doing BBT. Don't be like me. lol

If it's the end of a surge, did I miss my opportunity?
Also a POAS-aholic here! I'll probably start doing pregnancy tests at like 5 DPO and get myself all wound up :lol:

I so feel that. Thank goodness for those walmart cheapies hahaha.

Technically an egg can live for like 24 hours, so you wouldn't be out. Especially if you DTD within the last three days. But being at 10 dpo, unless you typically have a short cycle (we're talking like low 20s) then I'd really bet this is the beginning of the surge versus the end of it. How long are your cycles usually?

I so feel that. Thank goodness for those walmart cheapies hahaha.

Technically an egg can live for like 24 hours, so you wouldn't be out. Especially if you DTD within the last three days. But being at 10 dpo, unless you typically have a short cycle (we're talking like low 20s) then I'd really bet this is the beginning of the surge versus the end of it. How long are your cycles usually?

Admittedly, I'm not 100% sure. I only tracked prior to my last pregnancy via an app and we lucked out our first cycle so i quit tracking. This is my first cycle since TTC this time around. I was just going off 28 days. My period lasted 5 days and started on the 6th.

Fair. Hopefully you have similar luck this time around! If you're really worried about it and will stress over it, I'd say pick up some cheaper opks to test again tomorrow. If it's neg, you can assume either it was a false start or you ovulated. If it's still positive, then it'll still be positive lol. Either way though, I'd say dtd tomorrow to cover all your bases. I'm not saying a CD 9/10 ovulation is impossible, but idk. If I was a betting woman, I'd place my bet on O tomorrow.

*Update*
So I got impatient and bought some cheapies.
Super confused. Is this leading up to a surge or is this post surge? The clear blue test made me so confused.

*Update*
So I got impatient and bought some cheapies.
Super confused. Is this leading up to a surge or is this post surge? The clear blue test made me so confused.

It's hard to tell lovely that should have been positive when you got peak on the clear blue so I'd say post surge xx

Agreed.

it’s not impossible for you to surge and not ovulate then surge again later. I’ve had this happen a few times BUT I have PCOS.

without temping, opks aren’t always an exact science but overall reliable. I’d breathe easy knowing you dtd on your solid day and leading up to it. Now you can just get in some just for fun sessions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->