Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitors? Please Help!?!

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
So, I just purchased a whole kit off of eBay that came with a Clear Blue fertility monitor, ton's of sticks (like literally 6 months worth, lol) and she threw in some cheapie pt's, "yay". I'm so excited to have it, it's just ridiculous! lol. So, I have no idea how to use it and when I'm supposed to start. Can you start anytime in your cycle? I'm currently in my TWW/Limbo waiting for a BFP to show. So do I start it now, so it get's a read on my level past O for comparison if I don't get my BFP this cycle or do I have to wait until cycle day one to start all of it? And for those of you who have used this OPK monitor what do you think of it? Clear Blue said it monitors not only LH but your estrogen as well. Did it help you get your BFP? Was it easy to use? Any Full Reviews (typed or link to video's?) Thank you so much for all your help Ladies! :flower:

Hi you start on cd1. I loved mine. I didn't get results on normal opks and afternoon pees were a pain. Every cycle we dtd on every high and peak day we got pg. So for us it was perfect. Good luck.x

Hi! You set up a new cycle on CD1 (you have to set it up by CD4, at least with the ClearBlue Advanced Fertility Monitor). With mine, I am not super happy; it says to use FMU, which allows it to find the "High" days for me (due to the estrogen change), but it never detects Peak because my surge is always in the afternoon. Basically as soon as I start getting "High" readings, I start using OPKs 2x per day as well so I don't miss getting proof of my surge, even though my ClearBlue Fertility Monitor won't see the surge.

Why don't you just set the 6 hr testing window to 9-3pm so you will be using your SMU instead?

Hi you start on cd1. I loved mine. I didn't get results on normal opks and afternoon pees were a pain. Every cycle we dtd on every high and peak day we got pg. So for us it was perfect. Good luck.x

how many cycle did it take you to get pregnant? And Congratulations!!! How long had you been trying previous to using the CB monitor and were you using LH strips previous to the monitior too?

5 years total. First pg was the month we had our first fertility clinic appt so didn't really try. Used opks for at least a year. Didn't catch a surge. Turned out I was Oving early. Had 3 cycles of clomid between pg1 and 2 which regulate my cycle to Oving around cd12. Used it for a couple of cycles pre pg 2 (3 years ago) but didn't dtd every high and peak as we'd been told probs with dh's sa. First cycle we dtd every high and peak we got pg 2. Pg 3 it was the second cycle using it-the first cycle turned out to be a 40 dayer due to post mc hormones. Pg 4 was first cycle although that cycle we only got highs on it so thought it was a bust
eta first pg cd21 tests had shown no ov which is why we didn't bother.

5 years total. First pg was the month we had our first fertility clinic appt so didn't really try. Used opks for at least a year. Didn't catch a surge. Turned out I was Oving early. Had 3 cycles of clomid between pg1 and 2 which regulate my cycle to Oving around cd12. Used it for a couple of cycles pre pg 2 (3 years ago) but didn't dtd every high and peak as we'd been told probs with dh's sa. First cycle we dtd every high and peak we got pg 2. Pg 3 it was the second cycle using it-the first cycle turned out to be a 40 dayer due to post mc hormones. Pg 4 was first cycle although that cycle we only got highs on it so thought it was a bust

I'm sorry, maybe I'm a newbie at all the lingo, but I'm having a hard time keeping up with what all you said ^ there :wacko::dohh: You've had four babies and used the monitor with all of them and was pregnant on cycle 1 or 2 at the latest with the monitor? Did I read that right?

I'll see if I can help. Hopefully nessaw will reply to confirm.

nessaw had been using ovulation tests (OPKS) for around a year but hadn't caught a surge and found out she was ovulating earlier than she had originally thought.

She had used 3 cycles of clomid between her first two pregnancies to even out her ovulation to cycle day (CD) 12.
1st Pregnancy - nessaw wasn't really actively trying as she had a fertility clinic appointment. She had tested at CD21 which had shown no ovulation and so hadn't bothered really about trying (I'm guessing this is the test that is carried out at the fertility clinic. I had the same).

She had used the monitor before her 2nd pregnancy but hadn't 'got busy' (DTD) on every high and peak reading day as they had been told that hubby may have issues with his sa (semen analysis). However, the first cycle that they DID get to it every high and peak day was the month that she conceived her second.

Pregnancy 3 - she conceived on the 2nd cycle of using the monitor.

Pregnancy 4 - was on the first cycle. She didn't get any peak readings....just high.

I hope that's cleared things up a bit and makes a bit more sense. As I said, hopefully nessaw will reply and help you out more. The lingo can be a bit confusing if you're not used to it. You'll soon pick it up though.

Sorry ambertwogood and thanks mrsc10 that's exactly what I meant although my only live pg was/is my 4th unfortunately I lost my other pgs.

Sorry ambertwogood and thanks mrsc10 that's exactly what I meant although my only live pg was/is my 4th unfortunately I lost my other pgs.

Oh, hunny, I'm so, so, sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine. I just had a chemical pregnancy, and I had a miscarraige at about 6/7 wks a few years ago a year previous to conceiving my DD ( who was a surprise btw, as we had just completely given up on a baby all together and were planning a life without littles at all) I have been not "trying" no "preventing" though for about 12 yrs (2 1/2 of those years, years 10-11 1/2 actively trying with all the stops pulled out, and then pregnant when we gave up) :dohh: :shrug: :dohh: I just had a chemical pregnancy this last cycle which caused it to be a 49 day cycle which is CRAZY bc I'm normally 29 days like clock work since my cycle returned PP. BUT now, I can start using the monitor atleast, I guess that's the "bright side" of things. Still highly disappointed in everything though. It was so exciting to see those faintly positive tests ( I went nuts buying PT's bc, "Hi, my name is Amber and I'm a POAS Addict :haha::blush:) only for half way through all the pt's coming in the mail, the tests to go negative and still be getting more pt packages in the mail. BUT- I do have to say, I'm quite well stocked now on "supplies" lol.

QUESTION though- Does anyone know if you can use the "old" fertility monitor sticks with a "new" advanced touch screen monitor? Has anyone tried? I have 180 old sticks and an old monitor but would really like to get a new monitor, just would hate for all my sticks to be utterly useless if I do, as they are still pretty expensive. :winkwink:

Yes you can mix sticks. You need to use it cd1-5 on a new cycle. You don't have to feed it sticks if it asks if you know when you may o. ( if you o on cd16 and it starts asking cd10, don't feed it until cd13. You need to use FMU like it asks.

Yes you can mix sticks. You need to use it cd1-5 on a new cycle. You don't have to feed it sticks if it asks if you know when you may o. ( if you o on cd16 and it starts asking cd10, don't feed it until cd13. You need to use FMU like it asks.

I started up the touchscreen one this cycle, even though the cycle day's would be off, I just wanted to test out how it worked and if it gave the same results as the older model, but it won't read the older sticks. I've fiddled with it a little and got it to read one of the old style sticks but it took me like 30 mins to finally get it to read it. How do you get it to read them?

How are you getting on with it?
I have been using it since Feb,got a peak reading every month apart from last month when I randomly had a 46 day cycle! Usually am 32-34 days.
I think because my cycle was so long last month my monitor is "getting to know me" again as I am on cd24 and have had lots of highs but no peak.
Test stick lines got darker and were very dark on cd 16+17 and now are lighter so if I am having a 32 day cycle that would be spot on for ovulation,I really hope so!

How are you getting on with it?
I have been using it since Feb,got a peak reading every month apart from last month when I randomly had a 46 day cycle! Usually am 32-34 days.
I think because my cycle was so long last month my monitor is "getting to know me" again as I am on cd24 and have had lots of highs but no peak.
Test stick lines got darker and were very dark on cd 16+17 and now are lighter so if I am having a 32 day cycle that would be spot on for ovulation,I really hope so!

I have used both monitors now for one cycle (the older one with two) and I am not impressed with the Advanced monitor at all. It missed my surge this month. The other did not, and everything else lined up exactly with what the older monitor said. BUT I was also using SMU this month with the old monitor and FMU with Advanced monitor.....So take that how ever you want, but it lined up perfectly with my wondfo's, bbt, CM/CP, etc, so it was more accurate with my SMU then the Advanced I was "testing out" with FMU.....

I think the advanced monitor has missed my peak as well this month. If I had been using cheapie strips I would have counted cd16 as a positive as the test line on the stick was darker than the control line.
If so I am 6dpo. I have sore boobs and cramps,totally normal for me if AF is due next week so I am leaning towards ovulation happening last week.

I may use the monitor and seperate test strips next cycle if I haven't managed to catch this one.

I think the advanced monitor has missed my peak as well this month. If I had been using cheapie strips I would have counted cd16 as a positive as the test line on the stick was darker than the control line.
If so I am 6dpo. I have sore boobs and cramps,totally normal for me if AF is due next week so I am leaning towards ovulation happening last week.

I may use the monitor and seperate test strips next cycle if I haven't managed to catch this one.

Yes, I will be making a call to CB about this as well, as it missed it last month too. Which is insane. It is WAY too expensive to be giving ambiguous results like that, let only completely missing a peak!!!! :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->