Clear Blue sperm count test - opinions needed?

Bing28

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I think these tests may have been out for a while in the US but here in the UK they were only released a couple of weeks ago.

I am just wondering what your opinions are on these tests. Would you use one to check your DH's sperm count or not? and why?

My DH asked me to buy him one today but I'm not so sure. As even if he has a normal sperm count the tests don't check motility and even if he has a low count the NHS are not going to do anything until we have been TTC for a year anyway.

Xx

I wouldn't personally, i don't think there accurate enough & if they say there is a problem with your OH sperm he could be worried for nothing.
could you maybe tell his doc a white lie & say you have been trying for a year so he could get his sperm checked if hes really worked?

I would say why not give it a go?
I am in UK and hubby has an extremely low count (diagnosed through docs tests) we have to wat 2 months for him yo have another one, would love to know more about these tests as didnt know uou could do anything like that at home. How much are they and how do they work etc?

Chimmi - I'm not sure how they work but they are £29.99 in Boots. I don't think you can buy they anywhere else yet in the UK. As with all clear blue stuff it says they are 99% accurate.

Char - I'm not sure how worried my DH is about his sperm. I just think he might have been saying to get one thinking it was what I wanted as it's CD1 for me today so think he knows I'm a bit annoyed about everything today! :)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->