Clearblue advanced digital ovulation test....what time of day?

Kmariee

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

So im going to start taking the clearblue advanced digital ovulation tests. The pamphlet says to test with FMU although most other tests reccomend testing in the afternoon. Should I follow the directions or test in the afternoon? Or possibly test twice a day when I start to hit my fertile period?

Hi! I use those tests and because I drink so much water during the day, FMU is the only time that my urine is really concentrated enough to give an accurate result. I've always gotten my flashing/static smiley without a problem. If it makes you feel better to test more often when you think you're getting close to the fertile period you can, but those test sticks are expensive - so I also use internet cheapie OPKs in case I want to test more than once a day and for more days leading up to when I should ovulate. Good luck!

Hi KMariee, I don't know if this will be helpful or not as this is my first month TTC#2.

I was using the Clearblue digital ovulation tests with just the FMU and I was just getting negatives. Then yesterday morning (15th) I had a negative yet again and then that evening I was reading a lot of different sites and a lot of people were saying that some women have shorter LH surges that only last 10hrs so if you only test once a day you might miss it. So out of curiosity last night, I tested again and I got my first flashing smiley. Then this morning it was still a flashing smiley and then again out of curiosity I tested again this afternoon about 3:30pm and I had a permenant smiley. So being my first month and not knowing when I would ovulate, I am glad I tested twice a day when I did as I would have missed my surge and possibly the beginning of my ovulation.
I would suggest maybe twice a day in your fertile period, for a month or two, to gauge a rough idea how long your high fertility lasts before your peak. Then maybe go back down to once a day when you know what time of day suits you best.

Hi KMariee, I don't know if this will be helpful or not as this is my first month TTC#2.

I was using the Clearblue digital ovulation tests with just the FMU and I was just getting negatives. Then yesterday morning (15th) I had a negative yet again and then that evening I was reading a lot of different sites and a lot of people were saying that some women have shorter LH surges that only last 10hrs so if you only test once a day you might miss it. So out of curiosity last night, I tested again and I got my first flashing smiley. Then this morning it was still a flashing smiley and then again out of curiosity I tested again this afternoon about 3:30pm and I had a permenant smiley. So being my first month and not knowing when I would ovulate, I am glad I tested twice a day when I did as I would have missed my surge and possibly the beginning of my ovulation.
I would suggest maybe twice a day in your fertile period, for a month or two, to gauge a rough idea how long your high fertility lasts before your peak. Then maybe go back down to once a day when you know what time of day suits you best.

Hi! :)
I have been testing since Cd7 (I have a 27 day cycle). Today puts me at Cd10 and I got my first flashing smiley. I figure it cant hurt anything to start testing later in the day now also. Once we get the solid smiley, does that mean we are about to ovulate or we currently are? I dont want to miss my window..

Solid smiley means you are at the peak of the LH surge and ovulation is going to occur in the next 12-48 hours!

Last month I used the 2 day clear blue ovulation test kit. I tested once a day with FMU. What ended up happening was I missed most of my peak. I must have peaked after I got my negative test and since it only gives me the 2 most fertile days I felt like it was kind of a bust. 2 weeks later I got my period and cried.

However - this month I used the 4 day tests. It lets you know when you have an increase of estrogen and then peak. I also tested twice a day since last month I missed alot of time. This worked out great. I had 3 days of high fertility (blinking smiley) and 2 days of peak (non blinking smiley). I won't know until next week if this all worked. Hoping I got it this month!

So my advice - buy the 4 day tests AND test twice a day. They give you a ton of sticks in the package so why not!? Good luck ladies!

I use the same clear blue, just the 2 day reading. I test SMU & bout 8pm I caught mine around 8pm :) hold a pee at least 4 hours in evening time. Good luck ♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->