Clearblue fertility monitor

lauren1991

Reaction score
I bought a second hand monitor off of Ebay a couple of weeks ago when I got it the girl wrote a wee note saying we have a 12 month old son (think it was 12 months if not he was older than that) because of the monitor.

When I got it I reset the monitor with a new fresh stick.

I started testing from cd6 I got "low" right up to cd14 then it went straight from low to peak. Cd15 I got another peak but I've heard people saying if using it for the first time it asks for test sticks after it has ur peak - this hasn't done that with me apart from cd15 the day after I got a peak.

I'm also using internet cheapies on conjunction. What I would do was test the pee first - usually fmu and pee from around 11am then whichever test came out darker that would be the pee I used in the monitor. I'd leave the test for 8 minutes after wetting it (can be left for 15 apparently according the little leaflet I got in the box) then I would put it in and let it test. For cd14 &15 the lines were pretty dark on the cbfm, darkest that I've seen while using it.

Should probably mention I don't get good readings on opks from fmu.

So today it's not asked for a test.

Is my peak day the info that could be possibly saved from previous owner? I did erase it.

I'll attach my opks from those two days. The green opks are Cassanovum ones which I'm not too keen on but I back them up with the blue ones just until they are used up. With the blue ones I never get a test line darker than the control. But they got me pregnant in April so I know they do work.

Sorry for my ridiculously long life story here 😊

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 5
Above photo is cd14's tests

This is cd15's fmu test then one from around 11am yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 5
I'm not entirely sure but this cycle was my first using a cbfm that i have borrowed from a friend and i also reset the monitor. What i do know is it asks for sticks in batches of 10 - so I started using sticks on cd6 and my first peak didnt come within the first 10 sticks, I didnt get my peak till cd16. So, if your first peak doesnt come within 10 sticks, it will ask you for another 10. I am 9dpo and just done my last stick today at cd25! So i think what happened with you is because you got a peak within 10 sticks, it wont ask you to do any more. I have heard that the monitor is set that once you get a peak, it will automatically give you a peak the following day, followed by one high, then back to low. Hope that helps?

Oh and as for your OPK's the cd14 ones look pretty positive to me. I found that i got a positive OPK the evening before I got a peak reading on cbfm. x

I'm on high now for cd16 I have pcos and take metformin and I just upped my dose. I don't have the normal characteristics of pcos just elevated testosterone unfortunately so the monitor works for me. So I upped my dose of metformin because I ovulated really late last cycle and it seems to have worked by the looks of it. Why pay a fortune for a cbfm when u can get one second hand lol! I was only £19 for mine and I had bought a new one before I had my son and sold it. I forgot to switch my monitor on for cd5 so maybe that's why I've only used 9 sticks. I heard something that it filters out data month to month so 6 months worth of data takes a year to come out even if it's reset so I was pretty confused if that was my actual reading. X

I'm on high now for cd16 I have pcos and take metformin and I just upped my dose. I don't have the normal characteristics of pcos just elevated testosterone unfortunately so the monitor works for me. So I upped my dose of metformin because I ovulated really late last cycle and it seems to have worked by the looks of it. Why pay a fortune for a cbfm when u can get one second hand lol! I was only £19 for mine and I had bought a new one before I had my son and sold it. I forgot to switch my monitor on for cd5 so maybe that's why I've only used 9 sticks. I heard something that it filters out data month to month so 6 months worth of data takes a year to come out even if it's reset so I was pretty confused if that was my actual reading. X

Yeah i had heard that about the data as well, all pretty confusing. My friend who I borrowed it off has really quite bad PCOS and very irregular cycles so no idea if that has affected my data. Not too sure if i will use the monitor next cycle if not successful this month, cos as you know I am doing the CB trial so that will be plenty to keep me occupied using the digital OPK's, rather than having to spend another £20 on sticks for the monitor.

The opks don't seem to work for me i got negatives the whole month that I got pregnant in. Although they worked for me 3 times in total, including the time I used them for my son. I get my pack sent out on the 21st of this month for a fresh cycle starting the 3-4th July. Can't wait to see if they will work this time! Can you not back the monitor up with internet cheapies? That's what I'm doing for a few months. Still have like 70 opks lol! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->