Clever DIY people......I need your help!!

CatStorey

Mum to Chloe and Tom :)
Reaction score
I was given a Birth Pool from a lady in my local NCT. Its brand new and you can see its never been used/inflated which is fab and I'm so chuffed as couldn't really afford to buy or hire one.

I've blown it up this morning and discovered one of the valves is missing (you blow it up in 3 sections). Its the top section missing. :cry:

Here is pictures of the valves and the missing bit. Any ideas for what I can do?!?

I'm so gutted as I'm panicking I'm not ready and really really want my home water birth :nope:

1000610_10151834852341049_2059990011_n.jpg

1233618_10151834852256049_205455830_n.jpg

Thanks! xxx

Could you not ask the lady? Maybe its fell off by accident and is in her house somewhere?
Hope you get it sortee, sorry I couldn't be more help! xx

It may sound rediculous as I can't judge from the picture how big the hole is but would a hot water bottle screw in top not screw in there. They're used for the same job I suppose its just size I'm not sure on but just a suggestion... Good luck Hun :) xx

Thanks ladies!

I have asked her but she hasn't got it :(

Hot water bottle screw is an awesome idea! I don't have one but will see if anyone I know does and give it a try. The hole is about 2cm wide.

I'm thinking maybe a rubber stopper possibly. I need to raid the DIY shop tomorrow I think!

contact the manufacturer of the pool. they are more than likely to stock replacement parts x

Wonder if something like this can work? Maybe there are different models available? What's the make of the pool? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REPLACEM...Outdoor_Play_Equipment_LE&hash=item3383aa5147

I've seen this sort of thing used for missing parts before, like make a cylinder stopper shape and sort of screw it into place to make the right sized fitting, then set it. Does that make sense?
It's used to make silicone molds but I'm sure it'd work with this.

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/gedeo-siligum-silicone-moulding-paste-300-gram/570131-1000

Thank you all so much but all sorted now :)

I found a lady who was able to lend me the valve from her pool. So relieved!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"