clicking?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by katieeandbump, Dec 17, 2009.

1. katieeandbump

katieeandbump Well-Known Member

wow my tummy makes funny noises! sounds like a click? anyone else have it? me nd my oh wer listening to it last night was sooo funny!! seemed to happen when he moved hehe :winkwink:

2. Mize1982

Mize1982 Mya-My gift from God!

yeah i get it and did a deep investigation a month ago as noone seemed to know what it was.

Turns out it can be a sign of clicky hip (for lo). its nothing to worry about as it generally clears up and doesnt make a sound a few weeks after birth.

It is more common in girls tho BUT boys have it too x

not saying its def what it is but its the only explination i have been able to find and its from mothers who heard the same when lo's moved and when they where checked after birth the clicky hip was found x

3. katieeandbump

katieeandbump Well-Known Member

wow thats interesting!! is it bad though or does he just grow up with a click sometimes?? im gona start googling :dohh: xx

4. kayleigh&bump

kayleigh&bump Mum to Finnley & TTC #2

i get it a lot. It sounds exactly like when my ankles click going up the stairs and only happens when lo is moving about! :lol: bless him xx

5. Mize1982

Mize1982 Mya-My gift from God!

i think its nothing to worry about, the answers i found seemed to come from another baby website think it was baby centre.

all the mums on there said their little ones grew out of it with in the first month.

6. Sekhmet

Sekhmet First-time mum

My boss's little girl needed to wear a brace on her hips for a while after she was born, I think from the same thing. But it wasn't a big deal.

7. apple84

apple84 Well-Known Member

Clicking can also be hiccups! I'm pretty sure the clicking is coming from his head (which is low in my pelvis), not from his hips.

8. Pinkfly

Pinkfly Mum of 2 boys & Pink bump

I had it all the time in my last pregnancy and googled it allllllllll the time to find out what it was...Never did ...
    But my little man has no clicky hips and nver did have so must just be one of them things..:)

9. mrsadair

mrsadair Pregnant with #1

i thought i was crazy when i felt this... didn't think it could possibly be the baby making that noise! lol... guess it was after all

10. danni1979

danni1979 Well-Known Member

I had this too when i was preggers,but no one had any idea what it was..
    Kinda cool though :D
    xx xx

11. jenniferannex

jenniferannex Well-Known Member

i have it all the time and it really winds me up!! lol cos i hear it coming from my belly, but dont feel her move, or hicup or anything! i asked the midwife and she didnt have a clue! lol ah well! at least i know its not just me! lol