Clomid 2014 And Beyond

I use fertility friend only :) What do you girls use the other ones for?

I agree Buttercup, you can't be out yet! Your not out till AF shows her big mean face!

Hi Ladies! Hope I can join you all on here as I feel I really need a support system of people going through the same thing as me. I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. I'm 28 and Hubby is 27 and we have been trying for a year now.

Have tried clomid 50mg - no ovulation // clomid 100mg - no ovulation

Doctor will be putting me on a hire level of clomid after a month break as I have a cyst then possibly will but me on metamorphic also.

So desperate for my BFP - going through hopeful days and others feel very down..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2700688/

Read that study. It's small, but it's a really good one.

This study, and many more have proven women with PCOS often need Metformin for Clomid to work.

The study I linked to has 24 women with PCOS take Clomid only for six cycles. Two women become pregnant. That's about an 8% success rate.
At the same time they have 16 women with PCOS take Clomid and Metformin together for six cycles. Four women became pregnant, a success rate of 25%.
9 women from the first group of 24 chose to try again for a second six months with Clomid and Metformin and 2 became pregnant which is 23% success rate.
something else interesting in the story. Women taking Clomid and metformin started getting pregnant on the third cycle. While the group on only Clomid didnt have a particpant get pregnant till the 4th cycle.

So that means Clomid in conjunction with Metformin can help more women get pregnant faster than Clomid alone.

@jessthemess, I currently use Fertility Friend and recently downloaded Ovia.

You are right, Jessthe mess, it's not over til AF shows up!

Welcome JeanJean! I hope you find the support you need!:hugs:

Hi Ladies! Hope I can join you all on here as I feel I really need a support system of people going through the same thing as me. I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. I'm 28 and Hubby is 27 and we have been trying for a year now.

Have tried clomid 50mg - no ovulation // clomid 100mg - no ovulation

Doctor will be putting me on a hire level of clomid after a month break as I have a cyst then possibly will but me on metamorphic also.

So desperate for my BFP - going through hopeful days and others feel very down..

Do you ladies tolerate metformin well? Sometimes it makes no so sick and I get awful migraines but I'm sticking with it.

Thanks Jessthemess - that article is very interesting! I think next cycle I will be on Clomid 150mg and metamorphin.

Thanks Buttercup for the welcome, great to hear and talk to people going though the same thing. This is just to hard and frustrating that it is nice to talk about.

What amount are you that are on both clomid and metamorphin on?

I'm on 2000mg Metformin, and it took me 6 months to get to that high of a dose.

I took 50mg Comid in June and I didn't ovulate.

After three months no ovulation/no period, I've been bumped to 100mg.

For me, I'm very hopeful it will work this time!!

I'm working my way up slowly on Metformin so 1000mg daily, clomid 100mg.

That's good! I struggle @ 1500, lol. Have you had to cut carbs?

And yes, it will work out!!:flower:

I'm on 2000mg Metformin, and it took me 6 months to get to that high of a dose.

I took 50mg Comid in June and I didn't ovulate.

After three months no ovulation/no period, I've been bumped to 100mg.

For me, I'm very hopeful it will work this time!!

Was your AF heavier after a round of clomid. Mines was and I got acne like a teenager, lol!

Sorry to offend if question is too personal:)

My AF was heavier and I did get acne! How weird! I didn't think about it having anything to do with being after a Clomid cycle but I totally noticed both things and wondered why, and was also annoyed haha because heavy periods and pimples suck...

Also, I have not cut carbs. I'm not sure why I don't really have the same big reaction everyone else does to Metformin. I don't get sick too much. If I eat two giant bowls of ice cream I will feel really sick but lol I would anyway without the Merformin!

I have noticed when I'm on Metformin my weight has slowly gone down, my cycles have gotten shorter, my PCOS acne has gone away, though it comes back quick if I miss a pill or two, and also I actually am just less hungry and interested in eating.

I know a lot of women really feel sick all of the time or get constipated or have diarrhea. I just don't really get that very often or very bad.

Lol!

My AF was heavier and I did get acne! How weird! I didn't think about it having anything to do with being after a Clomid cycle but I totally noticed both things and wondered why, and was also annoyed haha because heavy periods and pimples suck...

I haven't noticed a lot of weight loss. If I eat carbs I try to only at lunch.

I can eat ice cream anytime of the day but pay for it later, lol

Also, I have not cut carbs. I'm not sure why I don't really have the same big reaction everyone else does to Metformin. I don't get sick too much. If I eat two giant bowls of ice cream I will feel really sick but lol I would anyway without the Merformin!

I have noticed when I'm on Metformin my weight has slowly gone down, my cycles have gotten shorter, my PCOS acne has gone away, though it comes back quick if I miss a pill or two, and also I actually am just less hungry and interested in eating.

I know a lot of women really feel sick all of the time or get constipated or have diarrhea. I just don't really get that very often or very bad.

Hey I just read you don't frer test till you're late! Me neither! Let's do that together!

Hello, everyone! May I join you?

I'm 27, mother to my 5 year old DS. DH and I tried to conceive for 2.5 years for another baby and spent the last year ntnp (3.5 years total) due to the overwhelming stress I was experiencing from unsuccessfully ttc. I have periods every 28-35 days every month...typically 31-32 days so I assumed I was ovulating just fine.
I had went to see 2 doctors before this one I currently have and really never got any answers. DH and I decided we were going to pull out all the stops and ask questions until we had some sort of answer or path!
Last week I found out I had:
Very low thyroid levels
High testosterone
Mild pcos
Low day 23 progesterone. Dr. Said my O wasn't strong enough.

So here I am, fresh on metformin and thyroid medication. The metformin does cause me gastrointestinal issues :( I am only on 500mg but am to slowly work my way up to 1500mg.
I also have a dose of clomid just waiting to be used. My dr. Suggested that I let the metformin and thyroid meds work their way into my system and on my next cycle start the clomid, 50mg...days 5-9.
I am currently experiencing af so I have a whole month before I'm able to start. Would love to hear your experience and go on this journey with you all. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Praying the clomid does the trick!

I have looked up people who take it days 2-6 also. Not sure the difference or the why behind it. Sorry for my extra long post!!! Nice to meet you all!

Welcome, JeanJean and TaurusMom! Your work is not in vain. You will be pregnant sooner than you think. Let only positive/optimistic phrases come from your tongue.

@Jess & Buttercup: I don't test until AF is late too... :)

Thank you, Saks! :)
So nice to be with others who understand what we are going through! I don't feel as if my family or friends get what I'm dealing with internally.
This time around, nothing but positive energy. I know it will happen. Thank you for your kind words, Saks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->