Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Europe buddies! (With or without the stupid stuff my country is currently doing!) I can't promise Thai weather Nor, but it hasn't been too bad in this part of the world recently.

Do you think it's a case of just registering with a doctor, giving them all your notes from before and cracking on?

Europe buddies! (With or without the stupid stuff my country is currently doing!) I can't promise Thai weather Nor, but it hasn't been too bad in this part of the world recently.

Do you think it's a case of just registering with a doctor, giving them all your notes from before and cracking on?

No, I'm afraid it'll be more paper work and back and forth.. We'll see, I guess as my hubby is French and will have an insurance we could go then and ask how to proceed.. Sigh, not looking forward to it, I guess the easiest would be if I found a job quickly, as that would require me to enter the system.. I do have the European health card though..

Yeah, we will definitely miss the year round hot weather, but this is a very good time to go home too :)

So DH couldn't get the job done this morning with the collection condom or cup. We missed our appointment. We ended up BDing naturally after the pressure was gone. Feeling pretty disappointed but glad we at least still have a chance naturally. The nurse said next month we can freeze a sample as a back up.

Oh Ask, how frustrating for you both. Really feel dr you. Positive that you have still been able to have a natural shot at it though. That really is one of the crappy things that goes hand in hand with fertility problems.

A couple of times last cycle on Clomid, poor DH was unable to get the job done and it's just horrible. He feels so bad, I feel bad that he can tell I'm frustrated, we both feel panicked that we might miss our one shot... just goes round and round. Turns out I didn't O anyway so all that fuss over nothing 😂

Thanks Steph. I'm still hoping we have a chance naturally since we did concieve naturally in March. Going to continue with the progesterone after O is confirmed. Hopefully the 100mg clomid gave me a couple of good eggs! Both ovaries feel like they are going to pop! BDing was a bit painful this morning which didn't help the situation!

All this pressure around timing definitely makes things difficult - for both of us! I get stressed out and have a hard time relaxing myself after that +opk. I just want to get these IUIs over with so we can move on if need be.

How frustrating Ask! I think its a great idea to have a couple frozen samples just in case. I understand what you mean about just wanting to get the IUIs over with. You do still have a decent chance at a natural conception so I'll keep my FX for you!

Thanks Belle. Pretty sure I ovulated from both sides today...holy ovulation pain. Part of me wanted to try the 100mg clomid on it's own and see if I had success...if not then we will try IUI again next month.

How are you doing?

Sounds like a great plan to me Ask!

AFM, I finished up my last dose of femara today. Will go back for my CD 10 ultrasound on Wednesday. Overall I'm feeling pretty broken these days. Not only am I exhausted (lovely SE of the femara) and feeling pretty defeated over my infertility, I've also developed awful seasonal allergies, and hurt my hip to the point where I need physiotherapy to treat it. So this next week is going to be pretty hectic between multiple acupuncture appointments, multiple physio appointments, and multiple ultrasound appointments plus an IUI. The only saving grace is that I have complete control over my work schedule (aside from a few scheduled therapy groups that I facilitate). So ya, I'm just generally feeling really run down and pretty depressed about my whole situation.

That's a lot, Belle. I'm sorry you are dealing with all of that. It's good you have flexibility with work. I feel like I'm finally getting my head above water with the school year over. And finally catching up on sleep...I slept nearly 12 hours last night!

Hoping you have a quick recovery with your hip and that the IUI goes well!

Thanks for the reply's everyone. I did O on 50mg so I will stay on 50 this month again. Steph my dr has me on days 5-10.

I go back to see my dr the 22nd of this month, I wish he would monitor my cycles so I could have more info about them, do I have to ask him to do that?:shrug:

( self advocacy is not my strong point ):nope:

Thanks for the reply's everyone. I did O on 50mg so I will stay on 50 this month again. Steph my dr has me on days 5-10.

I go back to see my dr the 22nd of this month, I wish he would monitor my cycles so I could have more info about them, do I have to ask him to do that?:shrug:

( self advocacy is not my strong point ):nope:

You could mention it and see what they do. IF i had a dr, i know they dont monitor. id have to go to an RE to be monitored. ( even some dont but usually they do). On my own, i cant get an u/s, thats the only thing OOP i cant get, but i wish i could!!

Say " I was wondering if your protocol included a follicle check or any bloodwork?"

thanks. I will ask him when I go to see him on the 22nd. Also that's right around O time for me this month so maybe he can do a follicle check if its not to late in my cycle :shrug:

thanks Steph. I will ask him when I go to see him on the 22nd. Also that's right around O time for me this month so maybe he can do a follicle check if its not to late in my cycle :shrug:

usually they do a follie check around cd10-12ish.... a week or so before O.

Sounds like I will end up with 2 follies this cycle. There are 3 smaller ones at the 9-10mm range but doc doesn't think they'll be able to catch up to the two 13mm ones. The good news is that my lining is already thicker than last cycle (so even though I'll just end up with 2 eggs the five follies are all kicking out a bunch of estrogen which probably boosted my lining!). I'm attributing it to the acupuncture! Actual evidence that it works!

That's great, Belle!

FF gave me CH today. Starting progesterone (reluctantly) tonight.

DH has a job offer but it's more than 25% less than he was making before...he might have to take it for the time being. He has an interview with another company that was set up through a recruiter next week that is supposed to be in his salary range. He's meeting with the president so hopefully it's a good sign!

Ooh I'll keep my FX for you Ask that the interview goes well for your DH!

Well on Wednesday it looked like I would get 2 follies but today it's looking like just 1. But maybe 3 if my body holds off (it usually doesn't lol).

Wednesday I had 6 follies with the 2 biggest being 13 mm. Today I had 3 follies, a 16mm, 13 and a 12. So one of my 13mm ones didn't grow at all. My lining is nice and thick though 8.1mm. which is exciting. It's never been that thick before! I'm positive a thin lining is part of the reason why we can't get pregnant.

It's likely that I will get my LH surge this weekend and when I do I will trigger and go in that day for the IUI.

If I don't surge (unlikely I think) I'll be back for another ultrasound on Monday.

Hoping one follicle and a thick lining will be enough. Last cycle 3 follicles and a thin lining didn't work out for me lol.

The trigger might also mature some of those smaller follicles. Here's to hoping they'll sneak in under the wire

Hi all. Feeling down today. Managed to make myself wait until today, Father's Day, 13 DPO, to test, only to get a BFN. I have concluded that at this point I am just waiting for AF to make an appearance, and once she does I have decided that I will finally call the RE.

Besides getting a SA, what should I expect from the RE in terms of the next steps? I've already done 5 rounds of clomid, I don't actually want to try anymore at this point. It just feels pointless.

Hi Lucy, I'm sorry you have found yourself at this point. This is what the usual testing is when you first go to a clinic

SA
HSG
CD 3 and 21 blood work
Internal ultrasound to check for cysts or polyps

I ended up getting my surge yesterday so I triggered and went in for the IUI. Pretty sure I have one follie, but a nice thick lining. DH's SA was fantastic, 53 million count after wash with 88% rapid motility. Because I triggered I won't be testing early. I'll just go in for my bloodwork on Canada Day. I also don't need to get progesterone levels checked because I triggered, woo hoo for one less appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->