Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Oh blimey Ask, that must have been so strange to hear that it's going to be happening a lot sooner than you thought. Definitely exciting although of course I understand that you'll be feeling nervous. My word, August will be here before we know it! :hugs:

Wow Ask that is coming up so soon! I really have high hopes for you for IVF.

I'm so frustrated being young and unexplained. I feel like I don't know what the best treatment option for us is. At this point IVF offers the same statisical success rate as continuing to just try on our own until the 2 year mark. At the 2 year mark the odds start to shift in favour of IVF, but in the meantime it's sucky not knowing what group you will fall into.

Oh wow Ask that's awesome! I think we're probably looking at around September as when we'd start IVF, Im going to be asking you lots of questions! I'm so sorry for your losses too, it really does feel like it's an egg quality issue in both our cases. I hope the recurrent miscarriage bloodwork gives you good answers, I'm hoping to get that done asap also. And that's good to know about the stats - we had an RE tell us to skip IUI and go straight to IVF but I wasn't sure if that was only bc his clinic only offers IVF. I'm so excited for you!! It's certainly not ideal that we'd need IVF but when you think about the fact that it ups your chances for a baby it really changed my perspective.

It IS soon! She said it's usually about 2 months from when you decide to do IVF to when you do it.

Unexplained is SO frustrating. Especially if you are younger, I'm sure! I was surprised when she told me that at 34 likely 60% of my eggs are abnornal. Wow!

She said we could try injectables but the success rate probably wasn't worth the cost.

I guess we will have 2 more months to try naturally.

Babylights - I totally agree. It would be great to have gotten and stayed pregnant naturally but unfortunately that hasn't happened. This clinic offers IUI as well and my friend chose to do 8 IUIs before doing IVF and getting pregnant at the same clinic. I feel optimistic about IVF. We can be buddies!

Welcome babylights:)

I hope to join the iui / ivf gang soon too :) Hubby has decided that he'll take family insurance so that I can get quicker into the French system.. Instead of paying 9 euro a month for him he has to pay 131 euro a month to include me, so I also feel a bit bad.. :( I don't need the health insurance for anything but the fertility thing :/

I am waiting for af, spotting for past two days.. And we are staying with mother in law which wasn't planned, aaaaahg!! Since hubby has to take 3 weeks holiday in August he would like to wait to take a flat until September. However, I'll be flat hunting tomorrow coz if we find something he's ok taking it... (the flat).

Ask I would love to be buddies! It's so great that you have a friend who had a successful IVF at the same clinic! So would you start with bcp in July? I'm so so excited for you!!

Belle it seriously must be so frustrating. I so so hope your nice fluffy lining is just the thing you needed!

Nore hi, thanks for the welcome! Don't feel bad about the insurance, you guys are in this together! Good luck with the flat hunting!

Welcome back to Europe, Nore - you've definitely brought the weather with you! As Babylights says, don't feel bad about the health insurance. DH wants this as much as you do. Good luck with the flat hunting.

Belle, I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you both. I get frustrated enough as it is, and I even have something to blame it on. How are you feeling at the moment post-IUI?

Earth glad to hear you've been able to start the Clomid. Fingers crossed that 100mg will be the one for you.

AFM, of course nothing to report - CD46 now. Annoyingly had a few spots on my face these past few days. Putting it down to sun cream and sweat, but of course nothing like googling "spots and early pregnancy" and then getting your hopes up :haha:

Af.. Welcome back...

I have been looking into getting into the French system and all I miss is a recent birth certificate, which I have now ordered. So in a few weeks time I can ask for "membership".

Yes, it's extremely hot here in France as well, so not a big change.. Other than missing the air con.. Phew..

Apparently my whole family in law thinks I'm the problem for not getting pregnant. I talked to my sister in law today, she is very understanding and nice and wasn't surprised that mother in law has been telling everyone that I'm the problem.. Hubby kinda forgot to mention his SA analysis and 3% morphology... Grr..

Nor - ugh sorry about another AF. I'm glad things are moving along with getting into the French system. Sorry your MIL is being such a...you know what. I have no tolerance for that kinda stuff and probably would have had some choice words for anyone saying such things...blame it on the hormones. ;)

12dpo for me and BFN on FRER. Had a good cry. On to IVF and poverty! We went to the mandatory IVF info session the other night and the IVF nurse called yesterday to get the ball rolling with some additional testing that is required. A lot of mixed emotions...but hopefully by the Fall I'll be puking and feeling like crap. Lol.

Steph - I know how frustrating symptom spotting is! Being on progesterone I'd swear I was pregnant...super sore breasts and nipples, temps keep rising...but BFN! Argh!

How's everyone else doing? I guess I'm not going to be in the clomid club anymore but I hope you don't mind if I stick around!

LOL yes Ask please stay! :) I haven't technically been a clomid buddy since March, but sorry, you guys are stuck with me! :p

I am 18 DPO, CD 36. Still waiting for AF. Might test tomorrow. Or Sunday. We shall see...

Aw I'm sorry Lucy :hugs: The good news is an RE can look at all your records and develop a plan and hopefully it won't be long before you are pregnant! I know how hard it is to move to the next step and feel like plan A or B or C has failed but you are heading in the right direction!

I guess I spoke too soon! I've had very very faint positives within the 10 minute mark yesterday afternoon and this morning. Feeling pretty nervous as I'm 13dpo and the lines are so faint but definitely positive. Hoping it gets darker and I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Ask!! YAY!!!!!!!!

What did you do this cycle? What did you do different?

Thanks ladies! I was bumped up to 100mg clomid this cycle for the first time...other than that I just relaxed! Started drinking coffee again, had a glass or two of wine when I wanted, and stopped working which means I haven't been commuting 2.5 hours a day and have been getting lots of sleep and have been pretty relaxed! We continued taking our vitamins/supplements and I did pineapple core in my smoothies after O / around implantation time as I've done for awhile now. Still pretty cautious but hopeful this is it!

Finishing Clomid tonight. Ive been taking my Pregnitude during AF, which is different. Usually i take it after AF but i think thats not enough time since it helps with O and eggs. You never know, that extra week could make a difference..i hope anyway.

Oh my goodness Ask, this is such wonderful news! When will you go and see your doctor??

<3 <3 <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->