• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Belle good for you guys! Spring will be here before you know it.

Ya, it's pretty nerve-wracking to be honest. When we first started TTC never did I think I'd still be sitting here nearly 2 years later without a single pregnancy and facing IVF. I thought to myself "95% of people are pregnant after 2 years of trying. No way in hell will I be in the 5% who aren't" LOL.

CD 22, scan #4.... still no freaking growth! My follicles are the same size as they have been since our first scan on cd12.

My RE is confident that it will be solved as soon as we can work more intensly on the dosage. However, as we're away from tomorrow-Saturday, we have to be very cautious for the next week since I can't be monitored. I'll be alternating 75iu and 50iu of Gonal-F for the next week. Scan #5 on Oct 2nd.

I'm hopeful, and confident in my doctor. But jeez.... I wish there would have been SOME growth since cd 18..... even 1mm would have made me happy. I just want to know they'll do SOMETHING.

It sucks, Belle. It really SUCKS! I do think IVF will work for you. And so far it's not nearly as stressful as I thought it would be...after everything we've been through, it's just another step.

Sara - I'm so sorry! Were you on injects and no growth? I go for my first ultrasound and estradiol bloodwork on Thursday.

Ask - I began injects on cd 18, so I've only been on a low dose (50iu/day) of Gonal-f for 4 days. It didn't cause any growth in that time though.

Weird Sara. I wonder if these follies are maybe just burnt out? If this doesn't work out I wonder if your doc will decide to induce AF and start a new cycle fresh with a strong dose of the gonadotropins? They'll get things figured out for you! Docs are really good at getting women to O :)

Thanks Ask, I'm glad it's not as overwhelming as what I envision it to be. I think by the time we get there that I really will just think of it as the next step. I feel strongly that IVF will work for you too!

Belle, I feel you will have great success with IVF! This journey sucks and spring is just round the corner

Sara, hoping you get some follies growing.

I'm on CD 6 and the hot flashes are killin me. I take it at night to reduce the side effects. I'm 33 and DH is 40. So this is our last few months of ttc.

Welcome Cali! The hot flashes...ooh those suck. So far not having anything like that on my injectables.

I'll be 35 in a couple weeks and DH is 48 and we are trying for our first together! We have 2 boys (my step-sons) who are 13 and almost 15. Are you only trying for a few more months due to your ages? I guess that's a personal choice but at 33 you certainly have time left!

Ask4joy, I just don't think I can take the heartbreak if it doesn't happen with clomid agian. It was a rough road with #1. We were finally to the point point of actually being ok without a LO unitl we got our bfp. So if it doesn't happen with the assistance; I can't take the dr appts, side effects etc.

I totally get that Cali. I'm not sure how many rounds of IVF I can endure, let alone pay for! We may move on to donor eggs sooner rather than later depending on our embryo quality this time. I can't go on like this for years and I have no children of my own. I NEVER thought I'd be 35 and childless. Never ever. But that's life!

Well Cali, I hope you'll have quicker success with number 2 and that the clomid will work quickly for you like last time around. I also wonder how much more of this I can take. If we ever have a baby I don't know if I'll have to heart to do this all again to try for another. That and my DH only wants one.

So Here I am floating around CD50 waiting for my cd1.

I have a positive OPK.
I really don't understand this... Literally the only positive opk I have ever received was on 100mg of clomid and was the cycle I had my daughter.

Not using clomid yet, But wwwwwwwwwwwttttttfffffffffff. I have no idea what's going on here, totally BD'd yesterday but is this really viable at cd50? I mean the lining?

Ask4joy- My heart aches and I know the feeling. I don't know your whole story, but sounds like you have a good plan with the egg donor if this cycle fails. Never give up, like you told me; you still have time.

Belle- You are taking the right steps to get there. The emotional roller coaster. 3 rounds of clomid and I am out.

Pinkee it's definitely possible to O even late in your cycle. Not sure what it means for egg/lining quality though!

AFM I'm about half way through the TWW now. Nothing exciting going on, but also no point in getting worked up this early anyway! AF is due Friday or Saturday next week. I'll likely start spotting on Wednesday (possibly even Tuesday) if AF is planning to show.

Hey ladies! Sorry, reading but not posting too much. I'm trying to take a step back and not obsess for a few days. The second half of the tww always gets me!

I'm the same jwilly. I find the last few days really tough. I was probably 6 dpo yesterday and had some cramping in that area. My first thought was "it's AF" and my second thought was "it's implantation". Realistically it was probably just gas lol. The mind sure can play tricks on you though!

Totally! Every twinge makes me wonder, even though I should know better.

Hey guys, sorry I've not been posting much - I am just really down at the moment! I have been reading everything though. Got my 21 day bloods back and my level was 0.5!!!! It was 46 last month! I think my health problems have messed things up (as I was really sick the last day of taking clomid so maybe it didn't get absorbed) but wish I'd known before I wasted so much money on pregnancy tests! What's more annoying is that I had some ovary pain a few days ago but thought it was possibly pregnancy so didn't dtd, and hubby and I normally do it every other day, but we had three days where we did nothing so we probably totally missed it! So frustrating!!! I hate this whole process! I mean 0.5?! I feel like the universe is trying to drive me insane!! X

So sorry Red. Limbo land is the worst. It's hard enough trying this hard and waiting this long and then to have your body not cooperate - argh. They say sperm can live up to 5 days in the fallopian tubes so you may still have a chance!

Any news jwilly? Belle is right - those last few days of the TWW are crazy-making.

Belle - are you noticing any changes from the new diet / supplements?

AFM - I'm on day 9 of my stim cycle for IVF. RE decreased my stim dosage yesterday as my estrodiol levels were rising quickly and I've started Ganirelix to prevent ovulation before egg retrieval. Estimated retrieval is Thursday but I'll go back for more bloodwork and an ultrasound tomorrow to see where things are at. Starting to feel pretty crappy...my breasts and ovaries are very sore and I'm very bloated. Ready to be done with this part. But, with that being said, it's really not THAT bad and hopefully will all be worth it!

Ask, sorry you are feeling crappy. It will all be worth it in the end!

I've started spotting today. 10 dpo same as last month. I'm pretty sure I'm out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->