Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Ahhhh as if this cy couldn't be more frustrating...I was just realizing that my girls weekend this weekend is at a hot springs so we will be spending a lot of time in the hot springs!!! There's no way I can get out of this :( What's the safest way to handle this? Only get in for a couple minutes at a time and act as if it's too hot to go longer? Ugh I don't know why I didn't think about the hot pools there sooner! Will this affect anything this early on IF I actually ovulate? I just know they aren't allowed while pregnant but I'm not sure the "rules" of hot pools and TTC help!!

Four, I honestly dont think it will affect you this soon. I think it will be much better for you just to go and relax the weekend ;)

Dont get discouraged about the OPKs, my first Ovulatory cycle I had a very strong Ovulation, but my OPKS came back negative.

I suggest, keep the BD going, go away the weekend and enjoy it (forget about TTC and all the stress) come back and leave it up to the CD21 bloodtest to confirm O.

Four try to enjoy your weekend. You should be find this early on. The first round I took clomid I didnt ovulate until CD 18.

I just finished by last day of Provera so hoping to see AF soon.

Well 8 dpo today. TWW is flying by. My bbs have been aching since 6 dpo, which is a bit early for that for me. I'm sure it's just a sign that there is more progesterone around. I still fully expect AF to show

Hey, Ladies! It's been so long since I wrote in this thread. It's literally been mentally exhausting for me so I told DH to take my phone away (I used a little minute phone with no internet access in the meantime) so I can quit thinking about TTC so much. I did the 1st round of Clomid 50mg, NO O. Went on to the second round of Clomid 100mg, NO O again. After that, I just took a break bc I literally went into a "dark place". After 50+ days with no period, I started Provera again then Clomid 150mg (waiting to see if I O this cycle currently). My birthday was 2 days ago so I just came back from vacation & have been trying to remain "unbothered" of this whole process.

Anyways, I'm so happy to see some BFP's in this thread! You girls give me so much hope & hopefully we all end with our BFP sooner than later bc I know how mentally exhausting this can be. <3

Welcome back Love! I hope 150mg does the trick for you! I too am struggling to O on Clomid :(

So sorry onErth, have you taken Provera to jump start your cy?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Belle! Hopefully Femara does the trick!

Four, don't worry about OPKs. I got one my first ovulatory cycle, but it was only because I was testing really frequently. The cycle I conceived I didn't get a positive OPK. Is your doctor checking your progesterone?

Four - I believe its almost time for your weekend away. remember to enjoy it - and forget about TTC and OPKs and all those things this weekend. I promise you it will be worth it :winkwink:

On earth - I dont want to sound insensitive or get you worried, but I read that if Provera doesnt lead to AF within 2 weeks and you are not pregnant - then you may need to do some tests, there may be something else wrong? :nope:

Love - welcome back, and sorry you didnt O on Clomid, hopefully 150mg will do the trick for you as well.

Belle - do you think you will test early this month?

Just something I came across, my doctor warned me that Clomid will make me gain weight, which was true, I gained 5kg in the 6 months I took it and I struggled to lose in that period. I wanted to know why, and from what I can find is that Clomid works like steriods - although not considered a steriod. That explains the horrible side effects.

On earth - I dont want to sound insensitive or get you worried, but I read that if Provera doesnt lead to AF within 2 weeks and you are not pregnant - then you may need to do some tests, there may be something else wrong? :nope:

I havent taken Provera. They wont give it to me.

Oh no :nope: why dont they want to? Can you see another doctor that will? It can take ages for AF to up if you havent Od :( I have a pack of 20 that the pharmacy gave me too much last time, wish I could send it to you :(

Oh no :nope: why dont they want to? Can you see another doctor that will? It can take ages for AF to up if you havent Od :( I have a pack of 20 that the pharmacy gave me too much last time, wish I could send it to you :(

no other dr to see. They just say wait. I have gone a year with no O or AF, they didnt bat an eye at it.

She will come eventually.

On earth I hope AF will start for you soon. I know how frustrating it can be.

Four I hope you enjoy your girls weekend

sorry earth, can you get another opinion? That seems ridiculous to me!

My poor husband really tugged on my heart strings last night. He asked me right before we went to bed if I was having any pregnancy signs :( I told him it was too early to hope that my sore bbs were anything other than a PMS sign.

sorry earth, can you get another opinion? That seems ridiculous to me!

My poor husband really tugged on my heart strings last night. He asked me right before we went to bed if I was having any pregnancy signs :( I told him it was too early to hope that my sore bbs were anything other than a PMS sign.

no, due to insurance. My insurance runs out April 1 and so then everything will be out of pocket. Right now I can see an OB and he can monitor me and meds are OOP. I wont even have a dr come April. :thumbup:

Hi. I am currently ttc, and I am starting my first round of Clomid this Saturday. I'm a little leary, bc of the side effects. But I'm hopeful to, as hubby and I have been trying off and on for 3 yrs.

onerth i am so sorry to hear they won't give you Provera!! It actually infuriates me, I have had drs like that in the past. It is not healthy for our bodies to not have a cycle at least every 60 days. I would definitely be printing out some legit research for him and take it there and demand that he cough up a prescription! I can (and have) gone years without af if I don't have Provera! Hugs <3

Thank you all for the well wishes for this weekend, I am really excited about it. The last two days my breast have been extremely sore and I feel bloated in my lower stomach area...but still no +OPK and still no change in my chart...I've never seen a chart as boring as mine!! I'm leaving in a few hours so dh is taking out littlest dd to school and then we will dtd one more time before I go...I'm going to bring a few OPK's and test if I feel up to it, but I'll at least try to take my temp to see if there is any O temp shift. Otherwise I'm just waiting on that 21 prog day test, which I may extend past a couple days just to make sure since I could O late but we will see...

Belle your husband sounds so sweet, my husband is the same way <3 He's constantly asking how I'm feeling and if I'm having any symptoms. He's super nuturing every day, I love that most about him!

Sage welcome! I hope you have minimal side effects and Clomid works on the first try!!

Yea I really hope I ovulate too. I'm extremely done with OPK'S as it gives me false LH surges so all I have this go-round is hope.

Belle - that's so sweet of him. I probably would have just cried then & there.

Four - thank you so much for the luck. I don't think I was around when you joined the thread. If you don't mind me asking, what's your story?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->