Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

I'm starting to think I get my blood drawn too early. When are you typically supposed to get blood drawn to check for O? Like my appointment to get my blood drawn this round is Tuesday but it is Saturday night here currently & I still am getting high readings on my CB ovulation test.

I'm starting to think I get my blood drawn too early. When are you typically supposed to get blood drawn to check for O? Like my appointment to get my blood drawn this round is Tuesday but it is Saturday night here currently & I still am getting high readings on my CB ovulation test.

It should be done 7 - 10 dpo, Clomid is supposed to make you O whithin 10 days, so I would say typically do it at the latest 20 days after your last Clomid, I went early because if I didnt O I wanted to start provera ASAP.

Nita - that's what I thought! I told my doctor if I usually have longer cycles maybe I ovulate late & I'm getting my blood drawn too early. I am calling Monday morning & rescheduling to Friday. By then I will be on CD 23. I wish he would check my ovaries via U/S to give me some relief. I may just ask but last time he told me no. :-(

LAR, I definately had the burning during sex, but only in the begining each time, DH and I didnt use lube in my fertile window so it hurt at times. Clomid Really dries it up down there. As for the discharge sorry to ask this but did it smell like something? Odourless discharge is usually nothing to worry about but if it had a smell of some kind it might be an infection. The burning might also be due to an infection. I dont think thats related to Clomid. If it doesnt get better I suggest to see a doctor to find out whats going on.

Thanks Nita. The burning that you had... that was only when you were on Clomid? Or you had it some other times as well? There was a smell to it, but only when I got close and it wasn't super strong. I hope it's not an infection! I was worried about that, but I don't know... everything seems okay down there now, but I am afraid it might burn again next time we have sex. It's hard to BD when it hurts. I will ask the doctor about it when I go tomorrow. I have an ultrasound in the morning to check my follicles to see if I have any mature ones and to find out when I get the ovidrel shot and IUI.

By the way, I saw you recently got a BFP!! Congratulations!! That's amazing.

And good luck to everyone else here who is trying! I hope we get BFPS soon too :)

Love CD23 sounds like a good idea. My doctor told me the CD21 is only done on that day because in a perfect cycle you would O on CD14, but she said rather go later than that than earlier.

LAR, I didnt only have it with Clomid, Clomid just made it worse and dried me up down there. Did it also itch down there? If it did, I would definately say its an infection, its usually not serious and go go away on its own. But asking yoir doctor may ne the best thing to do :)

My OPK is still + this morning :) hopefully I'm not over stimulating my eggs with the Clomid lol multiples would be nice but terrifying at the same time and they do run in my family! My temp jumped but not above my pre O temps so hopefully that's ok! Packing up and heading back to jump my dh <3 Really hope we catch that egg!!!

Is it normal to have a blazing positive then the next 2 days have "high fertility" readings? Could it possibly be left over LH in my system?

Four - Get home & have lots of fun!!! FX &#10084;

My "blazing positive" was on day two, the first day it took the test line the full 5 mins to come up as dark as the control but the second day the test line was suuuuper dark the moment I dipped it and stayed dark and took a while to even get a control line...this was at 1 min mark and you can see the test line strong but barely see the control line!
https://i65.tinypic.com/2irlzdv.jpg

Yes I think that's normal Love. Takes a few days to fade out.

I'm cd 27 and I'm guessing 11dpo. No spotting at all so far and we even BDed this morning. Glad that I'm not spotting early. Last month I had some spotting on and off from 6dpo - 12dpo. I think the vitex is helping with that. I also upped my vitamin D and started taking omega 3 fish oil.

Love CD23 sounds like a good idea. My doctor told me the CD21 is only done on that day because in a perfect cycle you would O on CD14, but she said rather go later than that than earlier.

LAR, I didnt only have it with Clomid, Clomid just made it worse and dried me up down there. Did it also itch down there? If it did, I would definately say its an infection, its usually not serious and go go away on its own. But asking yoir doctor may ne the best thing to do :)

Nita- no itching or irritation at all, just the burning during intercourse and odd discharge. I am thinking it's probably a result of the Clomid and changing hormones. At least I am hoping that is all it is.

I had an ultrasound today, CD12, and found out that Clomid gave me three mature follicles. I was super surprised. This is my 2nd cycle on Clomid, and on in the first cycle I only had one mature follicle. I got a shot of Ovidrel and I am doing and IUI tomorrow morning. Really hoping it works out this cycle, but trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Good luck Lar!

Well I started spotting. So I'm 99.99% sure AF will arrive right on time on Wednesday. I'm mildly disappointed, but knew it was going to wind up this way anyway. I think we're going to have to do IUI. But we'll wait for now.

So sorry Belle :(

AFM-I don't think I ovulated based on temps :( Yesterday I temped at 3:30am and it was 96.3 so I went back to sleep, then tested at my normal 6am time and it was 97.5 so I charted that temp...well this morning I woke up at 5 (we had daylight savings time yesterday so my internal clock is still thinking 5am is 6am I guess) anyhow I temped at 5 this morning and my temp was 96.9...clearly I haven't ao'd these are way too low to be post O #'s :( I guess my progesterone test will confirm this but I'm sad and frustrated. I was so bloated and nauseas yesterday and uncomfortable in my stomach I thought I surely had O'd which was causing the discomfort but my chart clearly doesn't reflect that :(

Is it normal to have a blazing positive then the next 2 days have "high fertility" readings? Could it possibly be left over LH in my system?

Four - Get home & have lots of fun!!! FX &#10084;

some people go right to Low, some dont. Theres no special way.

My OPK's have finally gone back to negative this morning...here is the progression I couldn't post while I was out of town...

https://i68.tinypic.com/dmen0z.jpg
https://i63.tinypic.com/10wi3ax.jpg

Sorry you are spotting Belle :( How many rounds of Fermera are you going to try?

I'm CD 28 and no spotting in sight. Trying not to get my hopes up as I don't know when I O'd. I've only had 2 cycles in the last year that I didn't spot on cd 28. One was my CP and the other was my first month of clomid when I didn't ovulate until cd 20 and had a 32 day cycle (longest). I tested 2 days ago using a wondfo and BFN. Don't want to test until I'm officially late.

Sounds positive Ask! I'll keep my FX for you.

We'll do 2 rounds of femara, take a break in May when my brother gets married and do IUI with femara and cycle monitoring in June. It's kind of scary that unless I get pregnant in the next 3 cycles (which feels impossible) we'll be doing IUI. The spotting has gotten heavier so I'm certain AF will show.

Sounds positive Ask! I'll keep my FX for you.

We'll do 2 rounds of femara, take a break in May when my brother gets married and do IUI with femara and cycle monitoring in June. It's kind of scary that unless I get pregnant in the next 3 cycles (which feels impossible) we'll be doing IUI. The spotting has gotten heavier so I'm certain AF will show.

Hey Belle. Sorry it seems that AF is about to rear her ugly head. What scares you or concerns you about IUI?

LAR its just hard to give up the thought that it could happen naturally for us because there is technically nothing wrong. Its hard to give up the idea that our child could be created by a loving act, rather than at a sterile docs office. Its just hard. It would be so much easier for me to accept if we had been given an actual diagnosis rather than this unexplained crap.

But of course not having a child at all would be harder, so I guess we'll make do. If I ever get the experience of carrying and having a child that will be blessing enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->