Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Part of me wants to try one more clomid cycle without IUI. My RE gave me 4 cycles (I have one filled and three more refills). The only thing that stresses me out about IUI is DH having to perform on demand and having to suddenly call off work when I get a positive opk. I'll be done teaching the first week in June and part of me feels like we should just wait until then when it will be less stressful.

Part of me wants to try one more clomid cycle without IUI. My RE gave me 4 cycles (I have one filled and three more refills). The only thing that stresses me out about IUI is DH having to perform on demand and having to suddenly call off work when I get a positive opk. I'll be done teaching the first week in June and part of me feels like we should just wait until then when it will be less stressful.

IUI is not covered.

if i were you, then id do 1 more Clomid cycle just to see how it goes. Youre not out anything by doing so. Do all you can for that cycle. Get the P4 OTC and go to town on trying!

Also IUI doesnt guarantee a take home baby either. You can lose a baby with IUI too if the underlying problem isnt fixed. :hugs:

That's what I'm thinking too, Earth. Technically the four clomid prescriptions were for 3-4 rounds of IUI but I can always say we changed our mind after I took the clomid this cycle. It doesn't seem like sperm meeting egg is the problem...of course IUI would increase our chances. I can always take the clomid and if we decide we want to do IUI when I get a +opk we can still do it. All I have to do is call the clinic when I get a positive.

Ask, I think you are the only one that knows if you are ready or not. I agree with Earth, try naturally for a cycle and get your progesterone levels checked, if they are a bit low then IUI wont increase your chances. Why, if I may ask are you taking Clomid?

I did 3 rounds of clomid September - November because it's a standard first line intervention, even for unexplained. It can help you produce more than one mature follicle and/or can correct a luteal phase defect by increasing progesterone.

Moving forward, REs almost always do clomid (or the like) in conjunction with IUI as IUI alone doesn't increase chances much but increases when combined with clomid.

I think you have a great plan this cy ask and I hope you get a sticky bfp <3

I'm pretty sure I'm out...bfn on 3 different tests this morning and feel like af is around the corner :cry: put a call into my dr hoping she will order the blood test today to check to see how my O was and if it's not great then I'm hoping she will up my Clomid to 150mg...so tired of this process :(

I did 3 rounds of clomid September - November because it's a standard first line intervention, even for unexplained. It can help you produce more than one mature follicle and/or can correct a luteal phase defect by increasing progesterone.

Moving forward, REs almost always do clomid (or the like) in conjunction with IUI as IUI alone doesn't increase chances much but increases when combined with clomid.

Wow Ok, does make sense. However whenever Clomod is given, the risks shoulds be measured against the reward, in your situation, you got pregnant without Clomid. I know Clomid increases your chnaces with IUI, but if I were you, I would try naturally and not do Clomid without IUI. You know you can :happydance: BUT, you need to do whats best for you, this is really jist my opinion. Do you think BD every second day instead of every day on your fertile window also helped?

I have kind of a different view from Nita. I used clomid for much of the same reasons as you Ask. It gave me a better quality ovulation. It increased my own progesterone which to me was better than supplementing with artificial.

Also ask, just be careful with your lining. You aren't being monitored so you don't know whether it's thinning out from the Clomid. I'm guessing your lining was ok last cycle because you did implant. I guess that'd be another benefit of doing IUI, you would be closely monitored. Also, if you want to know what your progesterone is up to, taking Clomid isn't going to give you a clear picture of that. Of course it's your choice, but there's lots to keep in mind.

I just don't know what we should do. I called my RE's office and am waiting to hear back from a nurse to tell her about the CP and see what they recommend.

The 3 cycles I was on clomid my lining was nice and thick. Actually AF was heavier than normal those months. My RE said I don't need to be monitored for clomid + IUI, just to call when I get a +opk. He is the head of reproductive endocrinology at one of the best hospitals in the country and has published a lot of research so I trust what he tells me. He also told me back in January that he thinks we just haven't gotten lucky yet and to keep trying until the 1 year mark. Well we did get pregnant but obviously it didn't last long. Technically we could try one more month and still be within the 1 year mark, plus our first cycle trying was kinda a bust and we only BDed on cd10 and I ovulated on cd14 so I don't think April really counted. I think whatever they suggest is what we will do this month.

Also...the Walmart Disney ads are back in full force and it's driving me insane!

Four - don't count yourself out yet! I tested at 10dpo and had a BFN this past cycle.

TTC - how many cycles were you on clomid before your BFPs in the past? What dose? Were you in the unexplained category?

Ask, I conceived my older two naturally. It took a bit but we got there before a year. After my youngest we tried and had the chemical and three miscarriages. Only one miscarriage was a heartbeat seen. I had a d&c and after that we saw my RE. He ran all kinds of tests and only low progesterone was found. We did monitored cycles and found my ovulation was early naturally...day 10-11. Despite trying for 6 cycles with his guidance and progesterone supplements from 3dpo we had no success. We were diagnosed with unexplained secondary infertility since we'd had monitored cycles 6 months. He suggested clomid thinking I was having low quality ovulation. So I finally agreed and we did the one cycle at 100mg. My ovulation was later...day 15-16...and I conceived and for the first time had good progesterone. I don't know if egg quality was why I miscarried but I was willing to try clomid as a first line intervention. I also did robitussin before O to help with cm, baby aspirin, and extra folic acid. I made dh switch to boxers and take a multivitamin daily. We bd day of positive opk, the next day and the next. That's what my clinic said to do and it did work.
Im sorry that may not be much help since I have a different situation...

Thanks for sharing TTC. That's so awesome that clomid worked for you first try. Did your doc decide to start you at 100 because of your low P? I've only been on 50 and ovulated each time but I ovulated on my own so I don't really know if it made for a better O. Were you having normal cycles with low P? You mentioned you also had breast tenderness. I'm thinking that because I didn't experience that (at least not so extreme) before 31-32 years old that it may be a result of declining progesterone / estrogen dominance. Part of me thinks I may have gotten a BFP this month because the vitex raised my P and maybe it just wasn't a healthy embryo. Given my age it's plausible that 50% of my eggs are chromosomally abnormal (apparently by the time you are in your early 40s 90% of your eggs are abnormal). My ovarian reserve test rated my egg supply as good (my AMH is 3!) but egg quality as fair due to age.

There is part of me that thinks I should just do the same thing I did this month and see what happens.

Ok I just spoke to the nurse at the fertility clinic and am feeling much better.

She is going to ask the doctor about getting me a progesterone prescription for my luteal phase and said if I want to try that before IUI that is fine. She said there is empirical evidence that it does help some women though research doesn't prove that it prevents miscarriage. Or if I want to do clomid, IUI and progesterone that is fine too. She said they don't really recommend clomid alone or IUI alone as it doesn't really change the success rate.

Also, she said we can use a collection condom for the IUI. Yay!

It's good to have options!

That's great news Ask! Did you get the results from your blood test? Maybe I missed that. What do you think you are going to do for this cycle?

Ask I'm glad you heard from your nurse! I'd be so tempted to do IUI right away lol but it may also be good to just try on your own.
As for my clomid dosage I'm not sure why he put me on 100 right away. But he also only gave me three cycles and then we would've moved to IUI &#10084;
Also I was having regular but short cycles. 22 to 24 days. I think because I ovulated early and my P was low... and my flow was always lighter and this weird brownish color. But on progesterone it was a full red flow.

Sounds like you have some great options Ask! I would be tempted to just try naturally another cycle, but that's because I'm stubborn haha, it's also probably why I'm on cycle 20 with no pregnancies.

Well last day of femara today. I'm glad. Last night I had this weird tickling sensation in my chest combined with dizziness, difficulty breathing and pain in my back. I literally thought I was having a heart attack. Femara can cause clots and heart attacks in women and I can't take BCP because I get migraines with auras. So of course I was worried. It went away on its own after a few minutes. So obviously wasn't a heart attack lol. Not sure what it was. I will be happy to be off of the femara

Belle - that sounds scary and nerve-wracking! I'm glad you are ok! The lengths we are willing to go to to make a baby... :wacko:

So I bit the bullet and made my decision...clomid + IUI + progesterone supp. it is! I texted DH at work after I woke up (I'm on spring break) and he said "Let'S go with your gut! You're the expert!" He also stopped complaining about taking all of his vitamins and said, "I think they may have helped!" :happydance: I figure this can only increase our chances and then I won't wonder, "what if?" Some people say you are more fertile after a CP so I want to maximize our potential!

LAR - my hcg was only at a 6 on Saturday and yesterday's blood hcg was negative (2). How are you doing?

I wonder how Nore is doing...we haven't heard from her in awhile.

Love - any progression on that wondfo?!

Four - how are you doing?

Belle I'm sorry the effects were so bad this time! I hope it works this cycle!

Ask, yay! So glad you made a decision you're happy with! I really think you'll have a baby soon &#10084;

Ask I'm so excited for you <3

Belle I'm glad you're ok that sounds scary!! :hug:

Bfn again this morning :cry: I'm pretty upset. I really thought this was the month. I'm thinking of putting off this next cy, I don't want a Christmas baby, dh is a day after Christmas baby and he's never had a birthday party and always hated it being so close to Christmas... Also I'm irritated because my dr never called me back yesterday to order the prog. test :( Feeling like I just want to give up, I'm too old for this roller coaster :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->