Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Hey ladies haven't been posting lately...still no af still bfn...maybe I didn't O after all? My temps are up still so I'm super confused...anyone who charts care to take a look at my chart (click on the ticker) Do you think it's possible I O'd super late after my +OPK on cd 21? We didn't dtd around that time so I'm sure I'm not pregnant even if I did.

Four, are you 13dpo? Clomid can increase your luteal phase length I know...

Ttc - I think you're talking to Four. I'm only on cd 6. :)

Four - clomid lengthened my luteal phase a bit...my first month it was my usual 12 day lp but the next month it was 14 and the month after that 13.

Hi. I am currently ttc, and I am starting my first round of Clomid this Saturday. I'm a little leary, bc of the side effects. But I'm hopeful to, as hubby and I have been trying off and on for 3 yrs.

Belle - that sounds scary and nerve-wracking! I'm glad you are ok! The lengths we are willing to go to to make a baby... :wacko:

So I bit the bullet and made my decision...clomid + IUI + progesterone supp. it is! I texted DH at work after I woke up (I'm on spring break) and he said "Let'S go with your gut! You're the expert!" He also stopped complaining about taking all of his vitamins and said, "I think they may have helped!" :happydance: I figure this can only increase our chances and then I won't wonder, "what if?" Some people say you are more fertile after a CP so I want to maximize our potential!

LAR - my hcg was only at a 6 on Saturday and yesterday's blood hcg was negative (2). How are you doing?

I wonder how Nore is doing...we haven't heard from her in awhile.

Love - any progression on that wondfo?!

Four - how are you doing?

Thank you for the support, ladies. While DH is sad, he doesn't process things the same way as me (which most of the time I'm grateful for). Clomid is NOT helping my mood. I forgot how emotional and sad it makes me feel! I cry at the drop of a hat and the tears just flow and flow!

On a positive note, we are picking up our kittens today! I'll post a picture when we get them home. We are picking a boy and a girl. We like Bodhi for the boy (it's a Buddhist word meaning enlightenment / also a tree)...some of the girls names I like are: Hana (blossom in Japanese), Amara (immortal in Sanskrit), Lotus (important symbol in Buddhist philosophy - meaning purity, patience and rebirth), Indra (Hindu sky god), Willow (matched tree theme of Bodhi), and Satya (Sanskrit for truth). What do you all think?

Love - I'm sorry AF showed but happy that your cycles are regulating! That's a good sign!

Earth - hoping you O! If you don't, will you up the dosage?

I'm still alive... Sorry to hear about your loss Ask :( Crossing fingers for next bean to be a sticky one for you:)) And I am waiting for kitty pictures.. :)

AFM, oh my.. I haven't checked in for a while simply because it was a bit hard not having a chance of bfp this cycle at ALL.. as hubby was away until 2DPO... sigh... so was a bit hard not having anything but AF to look forward to.. Specially since I ovulated a few days earlier than usual and thought I would have a chance this cycle.. :blush:

I think AF should show up within the next few days, maybe already tonight/tomorrow.. I am back on my awful chinese herbs (though I believe they work..) and I am taking a mix of stuff (trying vitex now + wheat grass, maca powder, a dash of spirulina before o, + some pre natal vitamins from the UK).

I am also a lot involved in my little cat assosiation, as well as I have been participating in "spay and neuter day" of feral thai dogs.. (I help cleaning ears, deticking and cutting of nails and fur etc). Snip snip! (hmm..maybe that is why I don't get pregnant, karma?!)

Anyway, I am feeling a bit more hopeful for the coming cycles.. If the Dr allows I will not take Clomid but still do IUI, not sure they see the point though.. if so, I will ask to be followed up anyway by ultrasounds..

Oh, and hello all new ones.. :)

I need some help. I have never felt my cervix before, at least not for TTC purposes, so I don't really know where it is or how to feel it. Is it that thing the inside tip of your finger touches when you put your finger inside? I don't know! And how do you expect it to feel at different times of your cycle and in early pregnancy? That thing inside me (maybe my cervix??) is super low and hard to the point where my finger barely fits. From what I read that seems like more a sign of AF than pregnancy, but I also read that cervical position isn't a great indicator of pregnancy and it changes at different times for different pregnant women. What do you think?

LAR - I'm sorry I'm not much help...I've never had much luck feeling changes in my cervix. Your cervix kinda feels like a large hard ball/lump at the top of your vagina. The first time I felt it I thought I had some kind of tumor! It has a dip/dimple in the center. I've never been able to tell if mine is open or closed but can feel when it's higher or lower and soft or firm. I gave up trying to figure it out awhile ago but I know other women do track it.

Lar, Belle will be able to help you, she knows all about CP. It was one part of TTC o couldn't get my head around.

Nor, welcome back! Good luck for your IUI cycle.

Four, I would disagree with FF and say you most likely ovulated on CD 18 or maybe 21. I think you definitely ovulated but it's a few days out. You can go in and manually override it. Temps are all looking good at the moment.

Thanks Ask. I know exactly what you mean when you say it felt like a tumor. I know how it usually feels in there and I remember once a while back I felt something really low and hard (I guess that is my cervix? I didn't know the name for it at the time) and I was also really freaked and wondering why it felt like that. That is how mine feels right now, very tumorish. I guess it would help if I tried checking regularly to get to know the pattern. From everything I read so far though cp doesn't seem to be a reliable indicator of when you are preganant, so maybe it doesn't matter?

Lar, your cervix almost feels like a nose inside your vagina. In the TWW it usually is low, firm and closed (so opening will feel like a slit), during O it is high (I can barely reach it) open and soft. The beautiful cervix project has pictures (graphic) that I found helpful when I was trying to learn.

Thanks Belle. You are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to TTC!

Four - when are you going to do the blood test to see if you ovulated or not?

and yes Lar, cp isn't a good indicator of pregnancy at all. Although I do notice a couple days before AF shows that it opens up a little bit. So just one more sign that its coming.

Lar I regularly checked my cervical position during my entire cycle for 3-4 months. It was always up down soft hard just no real pattern! Drove me batty! This time at 6 weeks pregnant it finally felt different but it took that long to feel a change. I just don't put much stock in it anymore :rofl:

Belle- I took at the beautiful cervix project. It looks like a really good site to get information. I also looked at the pictures and I still feel so confused. I wish I could actually see mine, but what I feel inside of me seems like it would not match what I am looking at in the pictures. I am wondering if the what I am feeling is not my cervix and something else? It feels really hard... like harder than a nose, more like a bone. And it is super low to the point where I only need to stick the tip of my finger in to feel it. It feels like a large bone sticking out of my vagina! Could that possibly be my cervix?

Lar there is the pubic bone that you might be feeling. You would feel your pubic bone along the outside of your vagina towards the front of your body (i.e. clit). You only need to put your finger in a very short ways (i.e. roughly the nail length) to feel your pubic bone. If you put your finger in an inch or two you should be able to feel a protrusion that is your cervix. Some people have a cervix that is slightly tipped or in a slightly different position that might make it harder to feel. My cervix is tipped, and it is more noticeably tipped at certain points in my cycle.

Thanks Belle... but if it was a pubic bone, it would always feel the same right? This thing isn't always inside of me, or rather, it doesn't always feel like this.

Well there isn't any other bone that should be protruding into that area. So maybe your cervix just feels firmer than you would expect. Keep checking that spot throughout your cycle and see what happens.

I think you are right. Thanks for your help. I have been very anxious about this TTC stuff lately, so having everyone's support on here is really helpful. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->