Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Hi All! I'm new to clomid, so thought I'd join in if that's ok.

I have an 8 month old, and to get him I was on Femara, Metformin, Gonal F injections, progesterone suppositories and had an IUI. It took on the first round. Now we are trying for #2 and I asked my regular OB if we could try clomid (plus metformin for my insulin resistance) for a a few months before we make the decision to go back to the RE. I know it sounds crazy to take a step backwards like this, but our insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatment and our son was so expensive. We figured if that level of medication and the IUI worked so quickly, maybe its worth a shot to see if the clomid metformin combo will work. I've heard both horror stories and dreams come true, so I don't know what I'm expecting from the clomid. Femara gave me crazy, crazy dreams. Any typical side effects I should prepare myself for?

Welcome, Dandi! That's great that you found something that works for you and it's understandable that you want to take a step back! My main side effects on clomid are hot flashes, headaches (only the first day or two) and feeling a little more sad/weepy. Honestly nothing extreme or unbearable. I'm doing clomid + IUI + progesterone suppositories this month for the first time. Glad to have another buddy!

Four - you aren't out yet! And remember it's normal for it to take 3-4 cycles to conceive on clomid (or naturally for couples without fertility challenges).

The RE nurse called me back this morning and said the doctor said I could try a few more months naturally since I just conceived spontaneously but if I want to do IUI that is fine too. I told her I had already taken my first clomid pill and she said she would have done the same thing. :)

Just realized that if I get pregnant this cycle my due date will be somewhere between December 24 - 27. Well...I guess I'd just call him/her my Christmas miracle!

Ask, I am happy that you made a decision, and its one that you want. Hope you get your Xmas miracle this cycle :hugs:

Four, you are not out yet, keep your hopes up!

Dandi, these were my side effects:
50mg Clomid - headaches, No O.
100mg Clomid - headaches, hot flushes, No O.
150mg Clomid - headaches, hot flushes, made my insomnia even worse, Ovulated but BFN.
Another round 150mg Clomid - all side effects above, and blurred vision and dizziness. Ovulated and BFP. Side effe ts was bad enough for me to consider ovarian drilling if it didnt work out this last time.

Goodluck on your cycle, hope tge side effects arent bad for you.

Hi Dandi. I was only on Clomid two cycles so far. The only thing I have experienced, and it was only one time, was burning during sex. The doctor said it was probably because Clomid has a tendency to make women dry. Maybe that's what caused it, but it felt worse than regular dryness to me. It felt like actually burning. So I am going to try femara next cycle if I am not pregnant now.

Ask- that is exciting you are going full force this cycle. I hope it works for you! I am doing okay. One week down, one more to go, in my two week wait. Yesterday at 7dpo I had a single, small (less than the size of a dime) redish brown spot on my underwear when I woke up! I don't usually get mid-cycle spotting, so I am hoping it was implantation bleeding. I only had mid-cycle spotting one other time. I was TTC at the time and it happened around when implantation would be expected, but I ended up getting my period a week or so later. I am trying to not get my hopes up too much since I wasn't pregnant last time it happened. Actually, I wonder if I had an embryo that started implanting but was unsuccessful, so I never got a BFP. I guess I will never know, but it seems possible.

Belle that is very scary! Do you think you might try Clomid or something else next cycle? *if there is a next cycle.*

Dandi, welcome :)

50mg - no ovulation and no side effects.
100mg - ovulation. Headache, stomach pain on day two. A little irritable. From the last day of Clomid for about a week, I had hot flushes and night sweats. I conceived on my second 100mg cycle.

Good luck!

sarah- that is exciting you got pregnant so quickly on Clomid. my doctor started me on 100mg of Clomid for some reason, even though I ovulate on my own. This is my second cycle, so I'm hoping #2 @100mg is my lucky cycle too.

LAR - that's exciting! And if it was just one spot at 7dpo it could totally be implantation bleeding! Does the IUI hurt at all / make you cramp or bleed or anything? Hopefully nothing like an HSG - that was pretty awful!

I started having a tooth pain 2 days ago and noticed the gum around a tooth I have a crown on looks infected. One thing I noticed this cycle after O was my gums bled a lot when I brushed my teeth. I've read that can happen in pregnancy due to hormone changes and pregnant women are more prone to developing gum disease. Maybe that's what happened with this tooth! Hope it's nothing serious. Going to the dentist on Thursday which I hate.

The HSG was terrible, I know! I hope I never have to do that test again. Good news is that the IUI is nothing like that. Some people experience cramping, but for me at least, the cramping was so mild that I hardly noticed it. It was very subtle and not at all painful. I had no blood the first time and just a little blood when I wiped after the second time. I hope yours is easy too! I think it will be.

Ask I'm glad you've made your decision!! I'm hoping it all goes well for you!!

AFM I seem to be developing a cold in the chest, so that is likely what I was feeling last night with that tickling sensation in my lungs and painful breathing. Just what I need right now, a wicked cold!

Dandi, welcome! I hope that a lower level of intervention will do the trick for you this time around! Its funny you say that about femara and the funny dreams as I've had some pretty vivid dreams recently too and I wasn't sure why

i need to start temping and taking OPK but its weird, i feel NOTHING? On FE, i had O type pains already to gear up to O

Ask - sorry I've been M.I.A just trying not to obsess & go insane right now lol. I actually haven't taken another HPT yet because I fear for the dreaded BFN. I'm 11-12 dpo & trying to hold off until 14 dpo. The suspense is killing me but I think I may be out this cycle honestly I feel no different but sore boobs & my nipples seem to feel thicker which could be AF signs as well

Yes Femara is known for the crazy vivid dreams. The two that I still clearly remember involved breastfeeding a litter of puppies and Carson Kressley killing my dog with a spoon in my grandmothers yard. Insane dreams.

The IUI was nothing for me. The HSG excruciating, so the IUI being virtually painless was a pleasant surprise. I was nervous about that too.

Those are crazy dreams, Dandi! I always have crazy vivid dreams during my luteal phase. Last cycle I had a dream that I had given birth to a baby boy on November 21st...when I woke up I looked up what my due date would be if I were pregnant that cycle and was shocked to see "November 21, 2017". It seemed like a miracle when we got our BFP last week but was so short lived. :cry:

I'm feeling pretty depressed...I know I was barely only 5 weeks but I still feel so sad. We waited so long and now I'm scared that if I do get pregnant again I will be so anxious and worried after 2 early losses.

I'm sorry Ask. I haven't had any pregnancies but I am also afraid of loss if we do ever get pregnant. Mostly because it seems impossible to me that I will ever be pregnant, so I would be desperately afraid to lose it once I had it.

Those are crazy dreams, Dandi! I always have crazy vivid dreams during my luteal phase. Last cycle I had a dream that I had given birth to a baby boy on November 21st...when I woke up I looked up what my due date would be if I were pregnant that cycle and was shocked to see "November 21, 2017". It seemed like a miracle when we got our BFP last week but was so short lived. :cry:

I'm feeling pretty depressed...I know I was barely only 5 weeks but I still feel so sad. We waited so long and now I'm scared that if I do get pregnant again I will be so anxious and worried after 2 early losses.

It doesnt matter if you were 5 days or 5 weeks, its still a loss. :hugs:

Ask - I'm so sorry hun. Doesn't matter if you knew for 10 minutes, that was your precious baby so it will hurt no matter what.

Well I didn't need to test AF showed full fledge this morning & I'm actually excited because I haven't had a natural period for about 6 months. Taking 150 mg of Clomid again this month since I responded last month to this dosage. Also temping this month with OPK's. Practiced the end of my last cycle & I think I got a pretty good idea of what to expect. What's new with everyone?

Ask - I'm so sorry hun. Doesn't matter if you knew for 10 minutes, that was your precious baby so it will hurt no matter what.

Well I didn't need to test AF showed full fledge this morning & I'm actually excited because I haven't had a natural period for about 6 months. Taking 150 mg of Clomid again this month since I responded last month to this dosage. Also temping this month with OPK's. Practiced the end of my last cycle & I think I got a pretty good idea of what to expect. What's new with everyone?

waiting to see if ill O.

Ask, a loss is a loss. You deserve to be sad as long as you feel it. I know my loss was the worst time of my life and I will never apologize for the depression that followed. You're mourning and it's as plain and painful and that.

I must say that miscarrying my first pregnancy did effect how I felt when I got pregnant and carried to term. Pregnancy is nerve wracking anyway, but when you've experienced a loss, I think it's harder not to let your mind go right to the worst case scenarios the whole time. But you just have to make sure it doesn't overshadow the joy!

Thank you for the support, ladies. While DH is sad, he doesn't process things the same way as me (which most of the time I'm grateful for). Clomid is NOT helping my mood. I forgot how emotional and sad it makes me feel! I cry at the drop of a hat and the tears just flow and flow!

On a positive note, we are picking up our kittens today! I'll post a picture when we get them home. We are picking a boy and a girl. We like Bodhi for the boy (it's a Buddhist word meaning enlightenment / also a tree)...some of the girls names I like are: Hana (blossom in Japanese), Amara (immortal in Sanskrit), Lotus (important symbol in Buddhist philosophy - meaning purity, patience and rebirth), Indra (Hindu sky god), Willow (matched tree theme of Bodhi), and Satya (Sanskrit for truth). What do you all think?

Love - I'm sorry AF showed but happy that your cycles are regulating! That's a good sign!

Earth - hoping you O! If you don't, will you up the dosage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->