Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Babydust, goodluck with the blood tests and please keep us updated (hopefully you arent as terified of needles like I am?)

2much... lots and lots of :dust: your way..goodluck and hope you get the BFP.

DH ask me constantly if we need to BD and if there is a chance that I O, so not telling him will be very hard :haha: he will just have to learn to perform under pressure XD he is doing well and we are aware of the fact that it might be a while before it happens so we are prepared for that (I hope:nope:)

2much- Fingers crossed :dust:

Thank you Nita I'll keep you all posted.

My oh always asks when I'm most fertile and luckily after all this time of ttc it hasn't knocked us... fingers crossed it stays that way

I like the idea of not telling your oh though if it's causing stress, let's face it they're going through this with us and sometimes we get too wrapped up in our bodies and not giving their thoughts and stresses a thought... although they don't have it half as bad... if only they were symptom spotters like us haha x

Baby dust, it definitely looks like you've ovulated.

AF started this morning! Yay

That's great, Sarah! Bet you've never been so happy for AF to arrive!

So glad AF finally showed up Sarah! GL this cycle!

Haha I have never in my life been so happy to see AF. Even with the terrible PMS. I never get PMS unless it's a provera AF.

Baby dust, it definitely looks like you've ovulated.

AF started this morning! Yay

Sarah - I bet you are so happy that AF showed. I still have 7 days left on Provera and it feels like forever.

Goodluck for your next cycle. :hugs:

Haha I have never in my life been so happy to see AF. Even with the terrible PMS. I never get PMS unless it's a provera AF.

So glad she's finally come... so annoying that you had to wait so long

Onwards and upwards now and I'm sending you lots of :dust:

I've finally got the crosshairs on my chart so looks like ff agrees with us. Xx

I am so ready for the next cycle, got myself the clear blue OPK's, Folic acid, vitamin C and DH's vitamins. Just about 12 more days before AF (hopefully) begins :winkwink::haha:

Hi everyone,
I am back for an update..for people for still remember me lol.
I think for women who already ovulate on their own, clomid doesn't help that much, and it backfired in my situation, it made my uterine lining thin...so even if fertilization did happen, it won't implant...so I will try letrozole in the coming cycle.
I remember Sarah mentioned a study about that....
So I guess for anyone who might be thinking of taking clomid(and already ovulate on their own), this won't help that much, at least in my case, but I guess if you have pcos and are taking clomid, then it will help.
Anyways never knew ttc will be this hard...trying to remain positive and keep trying. Baby dust to everyone! :)

Hi Rawan you are totally right. For unexplained infertility clomid and femara don't do a lot. At least femara isn't associated with some of those negative side effects that clomid is. My doc prescribed femara but we decided to just continue trying on our own until January anyway. Will look at starting femara then.

Sorry to hear, Rawan. Hope the next cycle is more successful! In my case, my AF was much heavier after Clomid last cycle, though I bled for fewer days. I had very heavy bleeding with quarter size clots (sorry, TMI) for 2.5 days. I'm glad AF was only 4-5 days instead of my usual 6-7!

Weebles is a success story of ovulating on her own and getting a bfp on clomid, first cycle, so you never know!

Nita, I think the provera course and the wait are almost worse than the TWW haha. I hope it goes quick and AF is here straight after your last pill. It sounds like you're got a good plan!

Babydust, your chart is starting to look a lot less crazy haha. I still think CD 15 is your O day but either way, you've got a great rise there. How's the TWW going?

Rawan, thanks for updating. I'm sorry that Clomid made things worse for you. How frustrating. I have read femara can also thin your lining but it doesn't seem to be quite as common or as severe maybe as Clomid. I think you're right about Clomid being most helpful for PCOS and those that don't ovulate. Sure there are some success stories with those who ovulate and get BFPs, but it'd be hard to know if that was because of the Clomid (or for Weeble, I think she got a trigger) or maybe it was just their time anyway. Anyway, hopefully Femara will help you.

Belle, that must have been a tricky decision to make. I know neither option is ideal and you guys have been trying for so long (it feels like forever for us!). I really hope you can get there without needing any treatment but you know there's something to try in the new year. Have a nice break from here and holiday and time with the new puppy :)

Ask, I have heard that AF can be heavier after a cycle of Clomid. Maybe that's a good sign that it hasn't thinned your lining? My AF this time is much heavier. Last time on provera it was just spotting which was so confusing. It wasn't thanks to Clomid though.

Have any of you ladies tried a cough mixture/mucinex for CM? For my cold I bought some Mucinex which has that ingredient that starts with G and breaks up your mucus (in your chest and CM). I've got some tablets left and thinking about saving them for my fertile week.

CD 3 tomorrow and take my first Clomid then :)

Hi ladies,
Thank you for the encouragement! Sometimes it's hard to stay positive when cycle after cycle and keep getting bfn...

BelleNuit-Maybe trying on your own might do the trick! Being more relaxed may help with ttc, although I know it's easier said than done...i've been told to just relax...but it's hard...hopefully you will get your bfp soon before using any med!

Ask-Glad to hear that clomid didn't thin your uterine lining since you still have heavy period after clomid. My period became lighter after clomid(only had heavy period on first day, and afterwards was light), and I assume it's due to thin uterine lining...hope your next cycle will be your bfp!

Sarah-I guess I was just impatient and wanted to try all the fertility medication that can possibly help me conceive even though my doctor already told me in beginning that for women who already ovulate on their own, clomid might not help that much or even may have the opposite effect. But I guess there' s always exception-Weebles got her bfp! Happy for her! Hope during your next cycle you will ovulate!
I bought robitussin, which contains only guaifenesin, and I have been using it during my fertile window.

Argh.. Back to cd1 :(

But hopefully by the end of this year, or beginning of 2017..

Sending a little picture from our trip to Bagan, Myanmar (Burma).. :)

Attachments

• _20161029_214143.jpg
    _20161029_214143.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 5
Whelp, I started spotting and right on time. The last couple cycles its started at 11 dpo right around noon, today was no exception. At least now I know I can enjoy Halloween guilt free and I'll be able to enjoy some drinks in Boston.

DH and I have been in screaming matches all week (after I caught him smoking weed again). Today I was finally able to have a calm conversation with him. I explained the plan.... meds in january, IUI in June, IVF in January 2018, and then I explained the risks and the costs of all the procedures. I explained that IUI with injectibles has a higher success rate than IUI with femara, but that the risk of twins or triplets is also higher and that if we had triplets that he would be a full time stay at home parent (I earn over double what he does and have a professional license to maintain so its not an option for me). I also explained what happens with ovarian hyperstimulation and how it can be FATAL. But for whatever reason the fear of triplets seemed to do it for him and he's agreed to quit weed (again) starting now and that we would both renew our efforts for healthy living so that we can put our best foot forward in January when we start meds.

Cycle 15 here I come :coffee:

Rawan, have you thought about just holding off on treatment? Like you said, it can work against you if you don't need it. Even those who have been trying for a year don't have great odds on treatment. Yes Weebles got her BFP, maybe that was Clomid plus trigger or maybe it was just her time..? We don't know. But if femara or Clomid is going to work against you, it might be worth just trying on your own for a little longer?

Norelisa, we are almost cycle buddies. FX for both of us. Nice photo! Hope you're having a nice break.

I'm sorry Belle :(. I hope you enjoy your trip and can drink and not worry. Not that it makes it any easier. 15 cycles :(. Sorry about DH too. I had a similar chat to my DH, basically we are paying all this money I need you to be doing all you can and not ruining our chances. It sounds like a good plan. Are you starting to save now? We've got a new savings account which DH thinks we will use for a holiday. I've told him in my head, it's saving for fertility treatments, not a holiday. Haha if I said to DH I could end up with triplets, he'd be over the moon!

AFM, working really hard at the healthy eating. I'm cutting out most carbs, sugar and dairy. Today I went for a 12km bike ride and 5.5km walk. And tonight just took my first 100mg Clomid.

Very sorry about AF Belle and Norelisa. Staying super healthy and not indulging can be really hard on this long journey. DH and I slipped August-September too. I was so stressed and just wanted to live my normal life! We will still have a drink here or there but nothing else since the end of September and no drinking this month around O or after.

Sarah - I am cutting down on sugar and carbs too and pretty much eliminating dairy, aside from very small amounts listed in ingredients.

We are going to try something different this cycle. DH is going to deposit semen into a soft cup with preseed then I'll insert the softcup. We are hoping it increases the number that make it through!

Hi ladies. Hope you had an awesome weekend? 5 more days of provera for me. Luckily DH and i thought of going away the weekend, and it was wonderful getting away. Friday i decided to eat healthy, or try atleast, and now we are having a horrible heatwave and ill we eat is ice cream and cold (unhealthy) drinks. Atleast DH is enjoying his time while on provera, our agreement is he can have beer for the days i am on provera but after that its only the non alcoholic stuff.

I was also panicking about the finances, since one tenth of my salary goes to clomid/provera and OPKs, but DH got home and friday and told me he got a promotion and his salary will be quite a bit higher now. So now that that happened i am sooo mich more ready for a baby.

I hope everyone is well, and lots of baby dust for the next cycle, you guys are starting a bit earlier than me (hee hee)

Ask, I think it's about balance. We punish ourselves enough in this journey so I really think it's important not to be too harsh on ourselves when it comes to the dieting. It boggles me how some of the most unhealthy people I know have multiple children and fell pregnant easily. Where as a lot of us here, I'm sure, do a pretty good job of looking after ourselves. Basically, I'm still going to have the odd wine here and there until I get my BFP! Haha.

Ask, hopefully that gets high enough. I know you can buy home made IUI turkey basters. It might be worth looking into. I always put my moon cup in after BDing.

Nita, that's a huge relief about his pay rise. That'll make thing much easier I'm sure! DH and I have a number of investments and he is contemplating quitting work in the next few years to stay at home. I won't go back to work after having babies either. But I'm not sure what I think of DH's plan haha.

Feeling quite nauseous today and really tired. Hopefully it's my body getting use to Clomid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->