Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Norelisa, haha I wish. One of my friends is there at the moment and another is going in a week! So jealous haha.

You hear of so many people going to Thailand for plastic surgery and dental work, so I'm not surprised it's all cheaper. I wonder what IVF prices are like. If we get to that stage, it might be worth looking at. Wow so heap! Will you do a trigger injection?

Thanks, hopefully we won't get to the IVF stage and if we do IUI in the near future it'll be because DH is in the army and gets deployed overseas. We've talked about freezing his sperm for that purpose. Couldn't really freeze it and take it to Thailand though haha.

How frustrating is AF! Are HPT cheap there too?

Nita, that will be frustrating if AF comes then, but at least she'll be here and you can start a new cycle. Maybe I need to make some huge plans for the next few days so AF can arrive and ruin them! Did you have any problems on Provera last time?

The thing I notice about Provera is that it makes me feel bloated and my breasts get a bit tender. As for AF, it was the usual 5 days - maybe a bit lighter, normally I would feel a bit of cramps on day 2-3 of AF and usually just 2 or 3 hours. With provera i had really bad carmps for the 6 hours. But I will gladly do this and hopefully I will O next month :hugs:

Are HPT cheap there too?

HPT is for pregnancy, right? The strips start at 49thb (1,95 NZD) but I haven't seen the digital ones (I guess they have those behind the counter).

The Opks are at 190 thb for 5 or they have more expensive ones for almost 900thb.. both are strips.. They don't have clare blue here, as far as I have seen. (I buy mine at Watsons where they are cheaper, Boots carry the more expensive brand).

So DH tried to "get the job done" in the private room at the clinic since it's 45 minutes away and he couldn't do it. I wish every step of ttc wasn't so challenging. :(

So DH tried to "get the job done" in the private room at the clinic since it's 45 minutes away and he couldn't do it. I wish every step of ttc wasn't so challenging. :(

I am so sorry to hear about this ask. :hugs:

Thanks, Nita. We are going to try an at home collection next week. Otherwise I told him we have to wait until after I ovulate because we're not wasting his swimmers! :haha: pressure to perform is definitely a killer for DH. Our first month ttc was a total fail but now we are on a roll and doing great. I'm not surprised he couldn't make it happen at the clinic.

Thanks, Nita. We are going to try an at home collection next week. Otherwise I told him we have to wait until after I ovulate because we're not wasting his swimmers! :haha: pressure to perform is definitely a killer for DH. Our first month ttc was a total fail but now we are on a roll and doing great. I'm not surprised he couldn't make it happen at the clinic.

The thing is also the added stress of ttc. When i told DH we need to do another round of Clomid as I didnt O last month, his response was 'so we should BD on a schedule again' i k ow he likes the spontanious BD but doing it on schedule is tough for him and even myself. Why does it have to be this hard and stressful?

It is so hard, Nita. We tried to spice things up last month and make it more fun even though we are on a EOD "schedule". It does seem that the closer to O I am, the longer it takes DH to finish.

I ordered the clear blue advanced opks this cycle and I think we won't start bding eod until I get a flashing smiley. With the cheapies I'd get a positive the day of or day before O so we had to follow the schedule longer because we didn't know when it was coming.

It is so hard, Nita. We tried to spice things up last month and make it more fun even though we are on a EOD "schedule". It does seem that the closer to O I am, the longer it takes DH to finish.

I ordered the clear blue advanced opks this cycle and I think we won't start bding eod until I get a flashing smiley. With the cheapies I'd get a positive the day of or day before O so we had to follow the schedule longer because we didn't know when it was coming.

I thought we were the only ones strugling getting it on,on schedule. DH also takes longer to finish during the scheduled days, i try to spice things up from my side and include some sexy time, but its just not the same as those spontanious moments. I will also be using the clear blue OPKs on this cycle and i am hoping i O this month and that all the BD on schedule is not all for nothing again.

I think it's a pretty common problem, Nita. Maybe I won't tell DH when I get the smiley, but he's always asking!

I rung the clinic because my period still hasn't started. The nurse said if it hasn't started by Monday to ring back and they'll do a pregnancy test... Like wtf? I didn't even ovulate there's no way I could be pregnant! OMG I'm so sick of this!

Ask, i have the same issue, DH keeps on asking as well, he really wants this pregnancy as well, and i know he tries his best...

Sarah, i am so sorry AF still have not showed, i hope she shows soon so that you can get the new cycle started :hugs:

Schedules are not really fun, but my husband seems to be ok as long as he thinks I'm fertile.. i.e. positive opk, fertile CM.. haha:)

For the SA, my hubby told me at the Samitivej hospital they had a little cinema :tease: But yeah, not good results for us, though.. we might do a second one, just to see if it is consistent..

Still no AF, but cramps this night so I think it must be approaching :cry: Last month (first month I temped) my temp dipped the same day I got my period. (I get it at any time of the day, I think, mostly at night though).. But temp still up, so hopefully I get another day of a tiny hope.. haha:) :shipw:

Hi all, hope you're all doing OK.

I've carried on temping, what do you all think with my chart now?
I have woke up this morning I'm really dizzy I've never felt it before its horrible. I also have a very dull feeling low down kind of like af but no tender bbs like usual and I think it's far too soon for AF really x

I have woke up this morning I'm really dizzy I've never felt it before its horrible. I also have a very dull feeling low down kind of like af but no tender bbs like usual and I think it's far too soon for AF really x

Yeah, you might have recently ovulated.. :) If the temp stays over "baseline" for more than 3 days I think it confirms ovulation.. How long are your cycles normally? I've heard that Clomid can both make them longer and shorter...

I never get tender bbs.. and not sure how to spot the different symptoms, so I try to not worry too much about it. Though I always get horrible period pain, usually at the same time as AF starts or a few hours before.. or after.. But last night I had period pain, and a little bit today too.. Tomorrow is my "test" day from FF, but tested today and got a negative, so I guess no use in testing tomorrow. I'll bring only ONE pregnancy test +2 opk tests for the weekend. I really doubt I'll find pregnancy tests in Mandalay/Bagan, so probably better for me.. -but I will bring pain killers and pads! haha:)

Yeah, you might have recently ovulated.. :) If the temp stays over "baseline" for more than 3 days I think it confirms ovulation.. How long are your cycles normally? I've heard that Clomid can both make them longer and shorter...

I never get tender bbs.. and not sure how to spot the different symptoms, so I try to not worry too much about it. Though I always get horrible period pain, usually at the same time as AF starts or a few hours before.. or after.. But last night I had period pain, and a little bit today too.. Tomorrow is my "test" day from FF, but tested today and got a negative, so I guess no use in testing tomorrow. I'll bring only ONE pregnancy test +2 opk tests for the weekend. I really doubt I'll find pregnancy tests in Mandalay/Bagan, so probably better for me.. -but I will bring pain killers and pads! haha:)

Aww sorry to hear about your BFN but it's still early days for you so yes enjoy your weekend away and no testing and then if no sign of af test after the weekend again. :dust: sending your way

I have all sorts of period but usually around 28-30 days
I have never felt this dizzy and sick in my life but I know it's far too early for pregnancy signs.
I'm hoping my temps stay up... I really want to do the O part on my own... have the help from clomid for my follicles. All will be revealed when I have my blood test Monday, but usually I have annovulatory cycles so that's not going to change just because I'm taking clomid, clomid has nothing to do with ovulation it's purely for follicle stimulation isn't it?
I'm getting so fed up of stressing over it... seems as though I've gone through this cycle for so long but I think it's because I've been counting each day due to different tests I've had to have.

Do you happen to know how long it takes for progesterone blood results?

Sending some more :dust: :dust: :dust: your way xx

Hello babydust, I am taking Clomid to Ovulate, purely because after I stopped BC I did not Ovulate on my own. So as far as I know Clomid only helps to induce Ovulation from what I have read.

I had my blood tests done last week Friday, and Tuesday morning the lab sent my results to me and my Doc phoned me shortly after. I would say wait 1 - 2 days to hear about your results. I have registered on the Lab's website who did my tests and my results was directly sent to me and my Doctor. Not sure which country and lab you are using but maybe you can ask them? Its nice to also get your results. :hugs:

Hello babydust, I am taking Clomid to Ovulate, purely because after I stopped BC I did not Ovulate on my own. So as far as I know Clomid only helps to induce Ovulation from what I have read.

I had my blood tests done last week Friday, and Tuesday morning the lab sent my results to me and my Doc phoned me shortly after. I would say wait 1 - 2 days to hear about your results. I have registered on the Lab's website who did my tests and my results was directly sent to me and my Doctor. Not sure which country and lab you are using but maybe you can ask them? Its nice to also get your results. :hugs:

Oh that's great to hear I didn't realise clomid induces O too. Wow I feel a little relieved now.

I am in the UK, I usually receive a duplicate letter that my gp receives but I will call them the day after to just chase as I can't wait for the letter I'm far too impatient x

Oh that's great to hear I didn't realise clomid induces O too. Wow I feel a little relieved now.

I am in the UK, I usually receive a duplicate letter that my gp receives but I will call them the day after to just chase as I can't wait for the letter I'm far too impatient x

I get the impatient part - when my doctor didnt phone me monday i wanted to go mad :winkwink: and luckily i got the results tuesday morning. In south africa we dont do letters,etc. everything is online and on apps (thank goodness)

I get the impatient part - when my doctor didnt phone me monday i wanted to go mad :winkwink: and luckily i got the results tuesday morning. In south africa we dont do letters,etc. everything is online and on apps (thank goodness)

Ahh electronic sounds bliss... lots less waiting time I imagine.

I'll keep you posted how it goes x

Just wanted to catch back up after a couple hectic days!

I don't tell my hubby when I O exactly because I don't want him to feel pressured. :) Maybe that will help? Just tell him you don't want to know/don't want him to know, and you just want to have fun that month. So what if you know and he doesn't? :p

I took a HPT yesterday at 8 days past trigger and it was negative, so I'm glad to say the trigger is at least out of my system so if I get a BFP I will know it is a true one and not one because of the trigger. Anyway, I still have a bit to wait... ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->