• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Sorry last thing, we also have to be so careful with what we read on the internet because... this industry... being that of infertility, is such a huge grossing income generator for those that are behind it. So of course we're going to find all sorts of really scary & depressing statistics online that immediately point you in the direction of, scheduling your IVF appointment. You have to take everything with a grain of salt, and really consider who it is that is publishing this data and what their ultimate end goal is.

Those are the same type of stats I read, fluff. I asked my doc what the point was if I already ovulate and if even on clomid I'm only producing 1 mature follie. She told me "don't give up on it just yet". If she has hope then so do I!

Hey there, I just wanted to pop in as I know a few people following this thread :)

I also wanted to pipe in that its very likely I'll be diagnosed as unexplained in the next couple weeks and this is why I wanted to comment (even though I'm not on clomid). I am having my HSG next week so that will be the last big test to rule things out. Its also possible I have a thin lining making things difficult, so I can't say for certainty that I am unexplained.

BUT, what I wanted to say is that I did some reading today to make myself feel better about likely being unexplained. There was a study completed that investigated unexplained infertility and outcomes. For couples who have been trying for 1 year and are unexplained they showed the same likelihood of conception whether or not they had fertility treatment. About 50% of unexplained couples will conceive between 1 year and 18 months regardless of whether they have treatment. This has made me re-think whether or not i pursue treatment right away. As I am young I think my best option will be to wait. I know there are others who are under greater time pressure than myself.

Unexplained is terrifying, but I feel better now that I know that it really is a positive thing that nothing majorly wrong was found, and I wanted to share that with other people struggling with unexplained.

I also would be feeling better about going from a 1.3% chance to a 5% chance on clomid. But either way in all likelihood most of us will have some success down the line regardless of what treatment route we take

Good luck ladies!

Thanks for piping in, Belle! That's an encouraging statistic! I was honestly surprised when my doc wanted to start me on clomid after 6 months of trying and 1 chemical but I figured if she thinks it's the next step then I'm game. I'll be 34 tomorrow and I definitely feel the clock ticking! At the same time, I know there's still time and I'm hopeful that it won't be too long now.

Ask4joy, I just wanted to say... I'm a mommy to a fur baby and one amazing step child as well! I just feel that we have so much love to give and it would be so lovely to have more babies in the house.

I know it will happen for us. Just have to hang in there. :hugs:

Sarah I am sorry I did not mean it in a negative way at all. I just think that our mindset, and you know, our ability to have hope is all that gets us through some months. In fact, I think channeling positive thought has more to do with it than any statistic out there.

Miracles happen right??

We should channel all that positive energy into hopefully our own little miracles in the very near future ...fingers crossed.

Thanks, fluff! My stepsons wrote me the sweetest birthday card today. I know they are going to make great big brothers.

Still no temp spike and opks are negative. Still ovary cramping on both sides. Cmon Eggies! CD 18 is the latest I've ever ovulated since ttc and it was the month I got a bfp (cp). Today is. Cd 17.

Ttc is one heck of a journey, isn't it? We all cope in different ways and have different mindsets and while I personally choose to focus solely on hope it is equally valid to accept the other side as well. I can even understand that when AF shows up month after month how it might even be easier on the heart. It's just a different way of moving along. Any touchiness really just comes down to having a different way of processing what we are all going through. It can be tough when the same thought that can make one person feel better might make another feel worse. The important thing is that we are all here for each other no matter which way we're coming from. :)

Hi Belle! Thanks for popping in! I'm sorry AF got you. :( I have to agree, unexplained infertility is terrifying! Since the cause is undetermined any course of action is kind of like playing pin the tail on the donkey. You might stumble on a treatmental that fixes the still unknown cause. BFP!! Or you just keep on trying and really nothing was wrong at all, it was just a matter of divine timing (or something). But still, BFP!! If you play enough times eventually you'll get it and those stats you gave just further cement that in my mind!

I got a positive opk today but I'm not sure how much it really counts since HcG can make those positive. Everything I read indicates Ovadrel causes ovulation 36 hours after the injection so I should O tonight if that's the case. Yay! I can't wait to be back in the tww. I was so bloated last night I looked about 4 months pregnant... It kinda sucked but I think it's just from all the hormones. I'm going to Walmart to buy some 88c tests so I can test out the trigger.

Happy birthday Ask!! Maybe you'll O today! What a bday present that would be!

I usually O between cd 16 and 18 as well, I hate waiting that long, lol. Clomid did not make me O any earlier. :)

Weebles while I agree with you that it is important to have the facts, and I understand that everyone is unique and has different ways of coping at that. We are all individuals.

However, I am not entirely certain what purpose it would serve to receive dated or incorrect information, and especially where medical professionals have recently informed us otherwise. :shrug:

Thanks, Weebles! I sure hope so! I've read lots of posts from women who ovulated late (cd 20-30+) on clomid and got a bfp so I'm not losing hope!

Wow, there seems to be alot of interesting info regarding clomid. I guess all of us are trying different ways to get our bfp, and we will succeed eventually, hopefully soon!
I used hcg test just for fun, i know the trigger shot is probably still in my system, but I was so happy to see 2 lines instead of the usual 1 line! Even though I know that's from the trigger shot, it still made me happy to see that 2nd line.
When I had the trigger shot, I didn't really experience any pregnancy symptoms, I guess maybe it means when I become pregnant, I won't have much symptoms? I am tempted to test it out too, but I don't have that many pregnancy tests now...so not sure if I will do that...
Every cycle so far I haven't felt any symptoms, and this cycle too, so far I don't feel anything different...
Btw, happy bday Ask!

Happiest birthday to you Ask!

I am just wondering if it is normal... have any of you experienced pain after ovulation? I feel a throbbing every now and again, and it is 4 DPO. Is that a cause for concern? My doctor wants me to go for an HSG next month if things don't work out... ugh he just made it sound like such a painful experience. Anyway, do any of you get pain after ovulation? I am feeling it only on my left side.

Fluffy, I get pain after ovulation sometimes! Not always but more often than not. I don't know if it's the same thing you're feeling but if it is it has to do with the follicle after you ovulate.

Rawan, I'm soooo tempted to test it out!

I have pain before, during and after ovulation. During being the most significant. I've read this is "normal".

Thank you for the birthday wishes! CD 18 and still no +opk or temp rise for me. If Clomid causes me to NOT O when I do every single month on my own I'm going to be so upset! Trying to put it out of my mind as DH and I are out of town on a bday getaway weekend in the mountains...but feeling discouraged!

Wondering if I should call doc on Monday and ask about trigger shot if still no sign of O?

I would ask for a trigger shot for the second round (but fx you won't need one!). Don't feel discouraged, it might be a good thing! Weekend getaway.. Haven't O'd yet... 😉

Well, I just finished my second round of clomid and I should be ovulating anywhere from the 6th-10th and the 3 ovulation tests I have taken have been negative. I am starting to think this round did not work. I am so discouraged. ;(

What else could a doctor prescribe me after my 3rd round of clomid? I know they don't like to keep you on clomid so I was just wondering what my next steps could be if this doesn't work for me. :l

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->