Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Haha Norelisa! You make me laugh. Thank you! Try not to be too upset, still early days!

Thanks Belle, I know it'd probably be a negative even if I am actually pregnant at this early stage. I might try in the morning.

Belle - hope you get beter soon.

Norelisa - sorry for the bfn :(

Sarah - hopefully you can surprise DH with a bfp when he gets home.

Afm - i feel that I am out for this cycle even though I dont even know if I O. Woke up this morning feeling numb all over my body and a with a very upset tummy. I thought it was a stomach bug but I think it might be more serious. Need to wait 2 hours for my doctor to open and then hopefully get an appointment today to find out whats going on.
And i wont be temping further, my cheapy thermo doesnt work like it should after a did a test this morning.

Sarah- excited to see your test if you test tomorrow!

Nita- that sounds scary! Hope everything is ok!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I'm going to take a bunch more tests to convince myself it's real over the next couple days likely. Just hoping the spotting will stop. It's mostly been gone today but it seems to be a morning thing kind of strange. Anyway I had some labs done and hope I'll find out tomorrow.

Oh nita, not cool.. I kinda feel the same, I think I'll stop clomid if next cycle (without clomid) i don't get sinus infection..

Question about hsg :
1. I was told not to do hsg as i had taken clomid, because the xray might hurt the quality of the eggs. I was then on CD 11 I think. So - better not to try at all during the hgs xray -cycle because the eggs might get fried, or ok if done just after af stops and then continue as a normal cycle? Or would the damage to the eggs be the same no matter how far they are in the maturing?

I guess next month I'll do hsg, no clomid but maybe the 21day blood check (only if an hsg wouldn't in any way interfere with ovulation, in that case I'll have to wait another month).

Still waiting for new thermometer to arrive.

Nita, that doesn't sound good at all! I hope you're ok. Thinking of you! Please let us know how you get on with the doctor. No big drama if you don't temp. Do what's best for you.

Thanks Hermajesty, will you go and get a beta done?

Norelisa, maybe you could try femara and see if that gives you a sinus infection? I can't help you with the HSG question. Might be best to ask your doctor about that. Hopefully you learn new thermometer will arrive before AF does (hopefully she doesn't arrive!). It doesn't matter if you wait to temp until after AH is finished though.

I'm having some promising symptoms but then they all disappear. I'm not sure if I'm feeling positive about this cycle or not now.

Tought I'd post an update - did see my doctor just now and she confirmed that I have a stomach bug. Unfortunately I got it real bad and i am very dehydrated. She doesn't want to give me antibiotics or anything for the pain - as it will increase my chance of a MC if I get Preg this month on Clomid, so she gave me OTC meds thats safe to drink. She also thinks that it wont work because of the degree of the bug and if I dont get better in a day or two from the OTC meds I will need to take the antibiotics :cry:

Regarding the temping - I took my temp this morning and it was 35.6 immediately took it again and it was 35.8 which is quite a jump from 35.6 and it is just stressing me out. decided to take a more chilled approach to it. Although I caved and did an OPK yesterday - which ofcourse was negative, it's still way too early. My mom also has her B-day next week and she booked a day at the spa for us, which will be 2 days before i need to go and do the 21 day blood test so I am really looking forward to a day of relaxation.

Norelisa, with regards to the HSG, I was on Clomid when I had mine done and I did it on cd9/10 and they said as long as you do it before cd10 then its ok (as its unlikely to affect O which is likely still on average 4 days away) and it worked for me, I fell pregnant that same cycle

Norelisa, with regards to the HSG, I was on Clomid when I had mine done and I did it on cd9/10 and they said as long as you do it before cd10 then its ok (as its unlikely to affect O which is likely still on average 4 days away) and it worked for me, I fell pregnant that same cycle

Oh good to know :) May I ask why you take/took clomid? I went a bit too late this cycle so we did just an ultrasound and the eggs were ready to pop... I don't have any clomid for next cycle, and with my bad sinuses I think I'll do HSG next month, and then ask for Femara the following months..

Congratulations by the way!!:)

Thank you! I was put on clomid due to not ovulating regularly,obgyn diagnosed pcos after bloods showed I hadn't ovulated the one month. I didn't have any other signs of it though so was sceptical whether he was right but it seems to have worked so I can't complain! I got different side effects every month but none were unbearable which really helped. Do you have any reason to suspect you might have a blockage or fibroids?

Thank you! I was put on clomid due to not ovulating regularly,obgyn diagnosed pcos after bloods showed I hadn't ovulated the one month. I didn't have any other signs of it though so was sceptical whether he was right but it seems to have worked so I can't complain! I got different side effects every month but none were unbearable which really helped. Do you have any reason to suspect you might have a blockage or fibroids?

Not really any suspicions, but my Dr suggested we check since we have been trying since February (though only seriously since this summer). I kind of want to rule it out.. If it turns up fine, then I think my husband would seriously start doing something to improve his sperm quality, haha 😂 he wants a baby and has cut back on alcohol and we do eat a little healthier (more home cooked meals, even though it's cheaper to go out;))

He also started looking at possible options for us to go back to Europe. I like it here, but if we need Ivf it is covered up to two tries in Norway.. We would probably move to France, but it is so much easier to go to Norway from France than from Thailand!

We will probably go out soon to meet a girl we met at the wedding in Hong Kong. I don't want to drink so will try to discreetly take a non - alcoholic cocktail.. Just in case..

Norelisa, i did some research on femara and the success rates seems to be a bit better than on Clomid, but Clomid is the obvious one doctors go for. If i dont O on Clomid I am going to ask my doctor about Femara and trigger. But i think i might take a break from it in december and just start taking provera in january and start on a clean slate.

Aphy - we have been put on Clomid for sort of the same reason, my body never Od again after I stopped BC and its just funny that your doc diagnose you with pcos with none of the other symptons. But like you said Clomid worked :happydance:

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=613178

This looks like a really fat negative to me :(

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=613178

This looks like a really fat negative to me :(

It's still early.
Don't count yourself out yet... hold on in there

Sarah, if the temp drop of cd9 was implementation dip, then you'd have to wait a little longer before testing.. Fingers crossed!!

DH spoke with the fertility doc and doc said his SA looks great. Well above average count, good volume and motility. He said that they don't really look at morphology because studies don't support it being a predictive factor in pregnancy success. Now the question remains: why aren't I pregnant?

DH spoke with the fertility doc and doc said his SA looks great. Well above average count, good volume and motility. He said that they don't really look at morphology because studies don't support it being a predictive factor in pregnancy success. Now the question remains: why aren't I pregnant?

Hope you don't get the answer I got "We don't know!" :dohh:

Thanks ladies. I just don't feel all that positive about it. I know it's still early days but it's not to get down about it. I probably shouldn't have tested so early, never learn :(

Hope you don't get the answer I got "We don't know!" :dohh:

Definitely not the "answer" anyone wants, Belle! But we will do whatever it takes! One of my best friends was diagnosed with unexplained...they had a daughter on 3rd cycle of clomid but tried for a 2nd for 5 years, including IUI with no success. She is now 4 months pregnant after her first IVF try. She is also 34. I'm certainly not going to wait 5 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->