Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

I don't think the picture uploaded well...I can try to take another test tomorrow morning maybe if AF doesnt show

I do see something, hermajesty...not sure if it's a vvf line or the antibody strip which you can usually faintly make out. FX it gets darker!

AF is now 2 days late...this waiting is so hard! I've read clomid can lengthen your LP. Mine is always 12 days.

Yeah. It looks way better in person. As usual still have to wait and see haha. I am still slightly brown spotting. Like very light. So I don't like that. But yeah usually by now I'd have AF

Norelisa, it would be fine to do it on CD 23 or 24 or even later. It just detects a rise in progesterone which if you're not suppimenting it, would show if you ovulated or not. I think for you there wouldn't be much point in doing it because you're taking progesterone. Mines telling me I have 32 points at 9DPO. I think Belle's right. There's not much science to it really.

Ask, sorry about the BFN, definitely try FMU.

Her majesty, hopefully they don't want to bump you up to a higher dose, that's when I started to get side effects. I'm on my phone, but I don't see it sorry.

Belle, I hope you're right. I'm starting to feel a few little things like a bit light headed yesterday and a strange metal taste in my mouth. I'm sure it's probably my mind playing tricks.

I woke up at 5am, which is usually about an hour before I normally temp. I tried to just roll over and go back to sleep but then I got a massive cramp in my calves. So I couldn't sleep. I took my temp and it beeped way earlier than usual and it was 36.33. So I took it again and it was 36.51 ( flat line ) so I took it again and it was 36.47. I guess I should stick with the first one.

Sarah-glad to hear that you ovulated this month! Hope this is the cycle for you! Those symptoms sound promising!

Ask-yeah maybe like Sarah said, try fmu? It will be more concentrated.

hermajesty-update us with good news!

Belle-hope you feel better soon! I think it might be worth it to go to the doctor and also say you are ttc, and doctor should prob prescribe medication that won't harm the baby if you pregnant?

Norelisa-I think day 21 test is to see if you ovulated or not

This cycle is another bfn for me...our bd timing was great, and my lining was good...feeling sad again:cry::cry:
How do you remain positive when you keep seeing bfn??

Very sorry to hear, Rawan. It is so hard. I keep thinking..."why me?" Why any of us? It can be hard to keep hoping each month. I've been *very* lightly spotting for 4 days now...AF is 2 days late and all I've gotten are BFNs. I'm trying to view this as a process and reminding myself that unless doctors tell me I won't ever be able to have my own children then I just need to be patient. Easier said than done...I am sooo impatient!

Thanks Ask! I guess I will try to be patient. Being stressed is not helping. I've cut down on caffeine/alcohol, still nothing is happening, maybe I will just live my life normally without being so stressed.
Fingers crossed for you! You are not out until af is here!

Very sorry to hear, Rawan. It is so hard. I keep thinking..."why me?" Why any of us? It can be hard to keep hoping each month. I've been *very* lightly spotting for 4 days now...AF is 2 days late and all I've gotten are BFNs. I'm trying to view this as a process and reminding myself that unless doctors tell me I won't ever be able to have my own children then I just need to be patient. Easier said than done...I am sooo impatient!

Ask I definitely know what it's like to find it hard to keep hoping every month. For a few months there I also took a totally pessimistic stance, but despair is just as emotionally taxing as hope. Now I mostly just try to be indifferent to it. But it's hard to deny that I don't have feelings about all of this. Mostly I just try not to get myself all worked up, which is definitely harder during the last week of the TWW when I'm feeling the most anxious and PMSing. The Chinese herbs I took this cycle are supposed to help reduce PMS. So I guess we will see shortly. The earliest I ever start spotting is 10 dpo, so I guess I'll know in a few more days whether or not to expect AF this cycle.

My spotting just got heavier and looks like there is some fresher blood mixed in. I'm having severe cramps and back pain but only on my right side which is odd. It's hard enough dealing with the heartbreak of another failed cycle without all the physical pain that comes with it. :cry:

Ask- I'm sorry! Seriously it's not fair!

Rawan- aww sorry! yeah I have been considering stopping caffeine etc but then go back and forth because people manage to get pregnant on birth control while drinking energy drinks and alcohol. But honestly I'm starting to think there is something to the relaxed approach but it's so hard not to actively track everything and I hate when people are like oh just stop thinking about it and have sex all the time it'll happen so it makes me roll my eyes but then you hear all the stories of people that stopped "trying" and then it happens. Sorry major tangent and internal dialogue

Still no AF I keep thinking AF has arrived but check and it's nothing. I think I'll retest in the morning with my last FRER. I have a ton of wondfos but can't pee in a cup where I'm staying. My boobs feel bigger and I am still having some light cramping and light brown spotting. Ahh

Yeah I heard all those stories, people got pregnant by accident, or on the pill...while I am trying everything...still no bfp...
I am keeping caffeine to one cup per day, and alcohol sometimes during the weekend...maybe being a bit more relaxed might help.
Fingers crossed for you! Hope this is the cycle for you! :)
Ask- I'm sorry! Seriously it's not fair!

Rawan- aww sorry! yeah I have been considering stopping caffeine etc but then go back and forth because people manage to get pregnant on birth control while drinking energy drinks and alcohol. But honestly I'm starting to think there is something to the relaxed approach but it's so hard not to actively track everything and I hate when people are like oh just stop thinking about it and have sex all the time it'll happen so it makes me roll my eyes but then you hear all the stories of people that stopped "trying" and then it happens. Sorry major tangent and internal dialogue

Still no AF I keep thinking AF has arrived but check and it's nothing. I think I'll retest in the morning with my last FRER. I have a ton of wondfos but can't pee in a cup where I'm staying. My boobs feel bigger and I am still having some light cramping and light brown spotting. Ahh

Flow started tonight around 7-8pm. Do I count today or tomorrow as cd1?

Ask- AF is so lame! Sorry :( I heard if it's after 5pm you count it as the next day. But I don't really know if that's a real thing.

Rawan- yeah I have been sticking to one cup a day and a glass or two of wine. Trying not to drink 6dpo onward but sometimes that doesn't work out. Yeah if this isn't my month I think I might throw one of my tracking things away. The app or bbt or opks. I don't know it's really hard not to because you want to increase your chances as much as possible I get it completely. As I add something new every month another vitamin or restriction etc

So sorry to hear that Ask! Rooting for you for your new cycle! Count tomorrow as CD 1

Ya I limit coffee and alcohol too, I'm even afraid to "finish" when BDing in the TWW because I'm terrified the contractions will prevent implantation or something haha. Man I can't believe we've been trying for a year and there is nothing wrong. Such a bummer.

Ask - I am so sorry about AF and another BFN month. :cry:

Hermajesty - FX for a BFP for you this month :hugs:

AFM - Had some super stretchy CM yesterday, but I think it's just my bodies way of playing tricks with me, it's way too early to O but we did BD just incase :haha:

I'm sorry Rawan and Ask, it doesn't get any easier I'm afraid. Belle and I both started trying a year ago and probably been messaging for 8-9 months. I remember when we were both at the 6-7 month mark we started to wonder why it was taking so long. We both kept getting BFN after BFN. I really hope next cycle is yours. Ask, is count tomorrow as CD 1.

Today I've been feeling dizzy, tired, peeing lots, increased sense of smell (I went to the supermarket and could smell things far away), nausea and tender boobs. I'm 9 DPO and trying not to get my hopes up!

Ask-sorry to hear that af is here....I usually count the day of flow as cd1, but I am not entirely sure

Hermajesty and Belle-yeah i try to limit alcohol/caffeine during tww too. I called the mother risk line, and they told me first 10 days after conception, alcohol shouldn't cause harm, but afterwards should be cautious

Sarah-those symptoms really sound like pregnancy symptoms! Hope you will update us with good news!

Yeah I think it's wise to do everything to tilt the odds in your favor, especially for all of us! We all need all the help we can get. In saying that though, I've had cycles were I've had no alcohol, eaten pretty healthy, exercised etc and it still ends the same way as the cycles I do what I want. Blah.

Thanks, hopefully I'll have some good news in a few days. Tomorrow is my birthday but I won't test tomorrow. I don't want a BFN to ruin my day.

Also, are any of you kind of worried how infertility is going to impact the way you parent? My sister in law had a lot of trouble and afte r5 years and many MCs, had 1 daughter. She is SUPER protective of her. I don't think DH and I would be like that, but I think it's going to impact things. I know I'm going to be far less tolerant of unsolicited comments because of it.

Sarah - funny you mention that, I have been thinking about the same. If I ever get a baby I will not be able to let him/her go. I think we will be very protective and I am scared of it. I think having more than one will make it easier to let go as soon as no.2 is born. Luckily for me both DH and I want more than 1. DH is an only child and even at his age (26) his parents are super protective of him. Even bought a house for us (which in time we will pay of) in the same neighborhood so we wont move away :shrug: I have a brother and my parents had no issues letting us go. So I think having more than 1 will make it easier. Of course if my body will allow me to have 1 and hopefully more than 1.

Nita, I think about it a lot. I know I would have been a different parent had we conceived on the first cycle.

My sister in law doesn't let her 9 year old out of sight. She's pulled her out of school to homeschool here (which is pretty uncommon here) and will not let her do every day kid things like play on the trampoline, climb trees etc. she isn't even allowed to go and stay with her grandparents by herself.

I'm a kindergarten teacher and every day I think about if they were my kids, would I let them take these 'risks' in the outdoor environment and I find I'm a lot less risk averse than the other teachers I work with.

I think you're right about having more than one. We'd like more than 1 too. I don't think we will ever prevent a pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->