Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

off to my test! No results until tomorrow though! :coffee:

Goodluck!! May yoir results be 100 times beter than mine. :hugs: sucks that you have to wait that long for results. Mine gets send to me whithin 2 hours after testing.

Sorry to hear you might be out Belle I hope not though.

Another below coverline temp this morning and TMI but I'm getting that period smell so I know she's coming. I wish she just would already so I can start a new cycle.

Day two of Provera here and I'm having insane cramping, I've never had that before, especially this early into my Provera, I wonder if I was going to start af on my own? Will the Provera prevent it from starting? Or will I get a screwed up cy if I start af today and keep taking the Provera? Or do I stop Provera if af starts? So confused!

Happy Valentine's Day ladies <3 So thankful to be sharing this journey with all of you! Hubby said we are going somewhere tonight that's a surprise, I typically hate surprises but at this point in just hoping it includes wine LOL

Day two of Provera here and I'm having insane cramping, I've never had that before, especially this early into my Provera, I wonder if I was going to start af on my own? Will the Provera prevent it from starting? Or will I get a screwed up cy if I start af today and keep taking the Provera? Or do I stop Provera if af starts? So confused!

Happy Valentine's Day ladies <3 So thankful to be sharing this journey with all of you! Hubby said we are going somewhere tonight that's a surprise, I typically hate surprises but at this point in just hoping it includes wine LOL

I always get AF like cramps on Provera, its not bad but its there. My doctor told me when I used Provera, not to stop even if AF starts, but typically AF wont start until you finish provera. Provera is just progesterone that tricks your body into thinking you Od, and you shouldnt get AF while you have higher progesterone levels, hope this helps?

Hope DH takes you to a nice place...and have some wine!! I think all of us here deserves it after the cycle we all had. :hugs::drunk:

Goodluck!! May yoir results be 100 times beter than mine. :hugs: sucks that you have to wait that long for results. Mine gets send to me whithin 2 hours after testing.

Im hopeful but at the same time not. 1 day isnt bad, its a lab, not the dr so its shorter than if i had it done at the dr!

Im hopeful but at the same time not. 1 day isnt bad, its a lab, not the dr so its shorter than if i had it done at the dr!

Ahh ok, mine is also done at a lab, but the have an App, so i register on it using my ID number and then I see the results as they come available, usually then hear from my doc 1-2 days later with what the results means.

Ahh ok, mine is also done at a lab, but the have an App, so i register on it using my ID number and then I see the results as they come available, usually then hear from my doc 1-2 days later with what the results means.

Thats neat!! This is just one of those independent labs, no script or dr required. They can call, email or fax the results. Email is the fastest when i asked the nurse.

I polled DH and my girls for what they thought my # would be... DD1 said 10, DD2 said 30, DH said 5 and I said 4.7-5.3 somewhere in there.

Thanks Nita! My last two cycles of Provera I never had any cramping, and af always showed up 5-7 days after my last pill...hoping this cramping means it won't take so long this cy, I'm ready to start the next one!

Thanks Nita! My last two cycles of Provera I never had any cramping, and af always showed up 5-7 days after my last pill...hoping this cramping means it won't take so long this cy, I'm ready to start the next one!

Ive never taken Provera to bring on AF, only to stop it. I hope its a quick process for you though!

My cramping usually last the first few days of Provera, and then its almost like my body gets used to it. Other than the cramping, it just doesnt make me feel well, and I usually gain a lot of weight on it. Hopefully AF will show soon so you can get started on next round. Are going to up the dose next cycle?

Thats neat!! This is just one of those independent labs, no script or dr required. They can call, email or fax the results. Email is the fastest when i asked the nurse.

I polled DH and my girls for what they thought my # would be... DD1 said 10, DD2 said 30, DH said 5 and I said 4.7-5.3 somewhere in there.

I need a script to get it done :( so I need to see my dr everytime I want to do the test. I hope its more than 5, and that you Od :hugs:

Well got a bit of tan cm today which is how the spotting always starts. So I'm considering myself officially out. AF will show tomorrow evening or Thursday morning. I'm thinking I must have O'd on CD 14 this cycle, so will have a nice 27 day cycle :) If the ovaboost I've been taking delayed my O an extra day then I'll count that as a good thing! Hopefully the same thing will happen next cycle! I will likely start femara on Saturday. I know fertility drugs don't do much for unexplained infertility, but I don't think it can hurt and its the next step anyway.

So champagne it is :)

Well got a bit of tan cm today which is how the spotting always starts. So I'm considering myself officially out. AF will show tomorrow evening or Thursday morning. I'm thinking I must have O'd on CD 14 this cycle, so will have a nice 27 day cycle :) If the ovaboost I've been taking delayed my O an extra day then I'll count that as a good thing! Hopefully the same thing will happen next cycle! I will likely start femara on Saturday. I know fertility drugs don't do much for unexplained infertility, but I don't think it can hurt and its the next step anyway.

So champagne it is :)

If your unexplained is not Oing, then they can help. :hugs:

FE isnt bad IMO. Its just another step on the path.

Thanks OnErth, I O so very regularly that I wish that was the issue as then I would be excited for femara lol. I don't think using femara is a bad thing either, I just needed extra time to come to terms with needing and accepting help

Belle I hope DH is also still off the weed? If so, then I am very excited that FE will do the trick for you :happydance:

Phew - what a day. Spend quite some time at my doctor to look at all the options. My path with Clomid has come to an end.As soon as AF shows which should be around next week Tuesday, I need to call my doctor and also the hospital to arrange for ovarian drilling which will be done on 1 or 8 March depending on when Doc has space open. I had the option to stay on drugs, one month Clomid and one month break, etc. or do the drilling. My doctor have very high success rates of doing the drilling and she suggests that if DH and I don't want to wait forever then this is the way to go.

Femara is not something that they prescribe here so its not an option.

My medical aid also covers the OP so that suit us perfectly.

I will need some time to deal with this, and then I need to tell my family :nope: the one thing I hoped I didnt have to do unless it was to tell them about a BFP.

On the positive side - I can totally be Oing on my own after the Driling so thats something to look forward to.

Also - Clomid does make you fat - no wonder i am struggling to lose weight lol.

On Earth - curious to know your results? I wont be doing another test - my doctor says it wont make much of a difference.

Hi Nita, as far as I know DH seems to be off the weed. But who knows lol. I think at this point its out of my hands. He told me the other night that he thought it was unlikely that I was "the problem" so I'll take that as a sign of moving in the right direction.

That sounds like a huge step Nita! You must be so nervous and excited at the same time! I hope that this will work for you and that you will start ovulating on your own after this!

I hope it goes well telling your family. I told my dad when I was completely drunk LOL. I haven't told my mom because we're estranged, but I told my grandma who has an infertility story of her own. She was very understanding. I actually felt way better letting my family know. I felt like I was always concealing this huge part of my life from them. They don't ask about it at all, but I know they are there to support us if I want it.

Ya, femara for infertility is more of an off-label use. I guess some countries don't allow it. Theoretically there is a risk to the embryo/fetus, but it has such a short half life that it is out of your system by the time the TWW rolls around. Thats also part of why it doesn't negatively impact your lining quite the same way that clomid can.

I am so glad DH is finally coming around Belle.

This will be a very big step for us, but I feel confident that its the right choice. The positive thing is also I have Od 2 months so we know I can. My doctor told me so many stories about how she got pasients with the same issue pregnant just with the Drilling. If this doesnt work however she will send me to a fertility doctor.

My family just wont understand...they think we are going to wait atleast 5 more years. My family in law will just preach to us every single day. The most stressed part about this OP is to tell my family.

I'm sorry to hear you don't think you're family will understand. My dad was surprised too when he found out we were trying. He thought we were planning to wait. He did and said absolutely everything wrong when I told him (he was also drunk so I forgive him lol). He sneered at me and said "REALLY?!? you're trying??" Then when I said I was infertile he went on to say "well kids suck anyway (he has a 4 year old)," and "just think of all the money you will be able to spend on yourself if you never have kids," and "well just think about this person here they tried for 9 months and then relaxed and got pregnant," and 'well think about this person here they had 3 miscarriages and then went on to have 9 kids," and well, blah blah blah LOL

If you think it will be too stressful to tell them then don't. You can always tell them to reserve their judgment. You are adults, and ultimately what they think doesn't matter.

I am in a bit of a pickle, I work for the family business and since the OP will be done on a Tuesday and I will need to go on leave for a few days, I need to tell them. And my mother in law works for my medical aid so she needs to get my authorization codes or else they wont pay for the OP. So not telling them is going to be a bit difficult lol. DH wants me to tell them its just endometriose, but I jist want to tell them the truth and tell them to either support me or get lost (I know this sounds mean, but yeah we are adults and the decision lies with us)

I think they will support us after all the preaching, but I hate the bloody preaching, it always turns into a fight. But, I will get through it. I am not someone who gives up that easily :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->