Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Ask, the HSG and Drilling will be done at the same time, my doctor mentioned that she will use this oppertunity to also check for any other problems and endo.

Nita I'm on 5 days of Provera, thank God! This has been the worst time taking them, stupid hormonal ups and downs and awful awful cramping which has never happened. I just wish my body would work normal on its own, I hate taking meds for anything even when I'm sick :(

Nita I'm on 5 days of Provera, thank God! This has been the worst time taking them, stupid hormonal ups and downs and awful awful cramping which has never happened. I just wish my body would work normal on its own, I hate taking meds for anything even when I'm sick :(

I feel you!! Provera is the worst, I hated taking it. Luckily you are on it for 5 days only. 4 down and 1 to go. Hopefully AF will show soon so you can get the next cycle started. Will you be changing anything next cycle?

I don't think so...other than actually doing my OPK's correctly lol! I hope I actually O this time, it's frustrating that I'm not O'ing on Clomid but this is only my 3rd cycle on it and my dd #1 was conceived on my 3rd round of Clomid so hopefully third time is a charm again. I'll be getting a 21 day blood test to confirm O this time, if it doesn't work then I'll ask to up to 150mg Clomid. I'm kind of relieved to not be expecting another in October though, both my girls are October babies plus both my nephews so that month is hectic lol

Hey Joy, that is interesting that you have half siblings as well! Stress can definitely impact fertility. I found acupuncture greatly reduced my stress, anxiety and depressive symptoms. To the point where I really don't consider myself to be struggling with emotional difficulties/mood swings any longer. I don't feel the same rage that I did even a few months ago. Acupuncture significantly reduced my PMS symptoms as well and added a well-needed 1-2 days to my cycle (which is excellent imo). That said this is about the most relaxed that I've ever been in my life and I'm still not pregnant lol. So I don't necessarily think relaxing will automatically fix everything.

Nita its pretty awesome that they can get the HSG a lap and the drilling all done at once! Hopefully it all looks good in there!

I've been thinking about trying out vitex as well as I've heard that it can increase cycle length for people with short cycles. But I'm going to wait till after I'm done femara because they interact. I hope femara will get me pregnant, but I'm being realistic.

Hi ladies. Is it too late to join?
I'm 27 and have 2 boys. I've now lost 4 pregnancies in a row. I then had 6 bfn cycles of timed intercourse and ultrasound to confirm O. This cycle I started clomid. I took it evenings of days 4-8. I supposedly ovulated Tuesday on cd15. I'm ironically not monitored by my RE this cycle as he wanted me to just use opk. I'm hoping it will work!!

Four, I am happy to hear that you will be getting the CD21 bloodtest. Atleast then you will know by CD21 if you Od or not and can start provera sooner if you have to, I found that the longer cycles had me a horrible AF, last month on the shorter cycle was so much better.

Belle, have you had your progesterone levels checked? Ive done a ton of research after getting the low count and 2 of the symptons of low Prog levels is a shorter LP and spotting a few days before AF.

Welcome ttc, you are very welcome to join in. Goodluck on your first Clomid cycle :)

Hey Nita, that was definitely something I had thought back in the summer, but my progesterone test came back completely normal (well within the normal range). I think it may be more of a blood flow issue as I have Raynaud's which can affect circulation.

Hey Nita, that was definitely something I had thought back in the summer, but my progesterone test came back completely normal (well within the normal range). I think it may be more of a blood flow issue as I have Raynaud's which can affect circulation.

Yay, happy to hear its normal :hugs: after I read that I hoped my LP will be a bit shorter this month, as it was 15 days last month. I woke up with AF like cramps this morning, hopefully thats good.

Belle, baby aspirin is good for blood flow but I know it made you feel sick :(

Quick update, 12 week scan today and everything is looking great. Thinking of you all :)

Does anyone get bad cold sores on clomid? I'm 3dpo now and have a gigantic cold sore. It hurts! And I remember getting them while pregnant but I thought maybe it's the clomid...

Thanks Sarah, I can't take aspirin. My body doesn't tolerate it at all. I will pester them until they give me an ultrasound and then go from there. Glad things are going well for you.

Hi ttc126, I have no idea about the cold sores. Does clomid lower the immune system at all? I don't get cold sores so I won't be much help here

Can't believe I'm going to be starting femara tomorrow evening! I guess this will start the journey of ttc with treatment for me. Hopefully this side of things won't take too long and that it won't be too involved. I'm thinking I'd be okay to start IUI in July.

Ttc I dont know about the cold sores..but you might be able to google it? I can give you list of other side effects I got but that wasnt one of them...GL hope it gets better.

Belle, I am glad you are going to push them for the U/s and goodluck with FE, I really hope it works for you :hugs:

When is the best time to do a hpt? Ill be testing tomorow (not Sunday as planned) but need to know its a definate BFN before talking to the parents about the drilling.

First thing in the morning is the best time. I'll be testing in the morning tomorrow even though I have AF, as I have to show a negative HPT before starting femara

Thanks guys! I guess I'm stupidly hopeful because the only time I get them is when I'm pregnant. But I thought maybe it could just be the clomid giving extra hormones... bleh!

BelleNuit, how exciting to start Femara! I hope it works! It's crazy how hopeful just trying something can make you!
Nita, I hope you are able to get the drilling done soon!

Good luck with the Femera, Belle!

And good luck, Nita, with the conversation with your parents. Remember it's your decision and you aren't asking permission, just keeping them informed!

Welcome TTC! I never got cold sores on clomid. Hopefully it's a good sign for you!

I'm not sure what our plan is right now. We said we would start IUI in March but now I'm thinking we should just wait until the school year is over (first week of June) so I'm not stressing and can be as relaxed as possible. DH and I have gotten into some huge fights recently. I'm feeling so angry and resentful and taking it out on him. I feel so pathetic and pissed that he has 2 children with another woman but after 11 months ttc nada with me. I'm trying to make an appointment with a counselor because I am in a really dark place and not doing well at all.

Ask what you wrote really resonated with me. I went through a really rough period around the 9-11 month mark too. I remember feeling SO ANGRY, the fights I was having with DH were wicked. We had the option to start femara/IUI back then (the doc wanted us to start IUI as early as November), but we decided to wait and I don't regret it one bit. I'm in a much better head-space now. Fertility treatment brings its own kind of stress which will likely amplify the stress you're experiencing in other areas of life. If you are feeling like you want to wait a bit there is no harm in that.

Your DH is also older now than when he had his first 2 kids, our men aren't immune to oxidative stress! Get him on some supplements. Mine is on coq10 (as per acupuncturists recommendation). At the very least it can't hurt!

The thing with LTTTC is that it becomes this long interrupted grieving process. Its hard not to hope every cycle that maybe just maybe this will be the one. Taking a month off to just relax from it all really helped me. It didn't get me pregnant, but it did save my sanity.

I'm here for you if you want to talk about it/vent. I'll just listen and commiserate with you on our unfortunate luck

Thanks Ask & Belle, I missed my test with fmu as I was a bit sleepy when I went, so guess I will wait till tomorow.

I am not quite in the same boat as you, but I can tell you that the moment I got my Prog test result and saw it was very low I knew we would be going over the one year mark, I started crying, Im devastated. And then hearing the only options they have available here is either Clomid, naturally or the drilling. I am still coming to terms with the fact tgat I need surgery if I want a baby, its still not sunk in, and TTc have really been taking over a very big part of my life.

GL to you both, atleast we have each other on here, which for me has helped SO SO much. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->