• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid club- any ladies on clomid please join x

unicornwish

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I took clomid to conceive my DS (now 3) back in 2010, at the time there was a great thread on here called clomid club, it may still be here but I can't find it so have started a new one.
Basically a good way for us to share experiences & journeys, give advice & support etc. so please feel free to join and introduce yourself!

I'm 32, was prescribed clomid due to ovulation issues. Have always had regular periods but whenever I've had day 21 progesterone done it's showed no O. I have suspected that I have pcos in the past as I have some facial hair growth & am a bit overweight but that is more through over eating! However I've never had any pain or cycle problems & blood results have never shown any suspicion of it.
I personally feel my annovulation is due to long term use of ssri anti depressants, doctors have denied this but many contain prolactin and that can cause annovulation. It's just my gut feeling.

Anyway I was lucky enough to conceive my son on my 1st cycle of clomid 50mg, and am now ttc no.2 also on 50mg clomid. I'm just waiting for period to start (should be within next 10 days or so) and then I can start 😊 hoping I will be as lucky as last time but I am 4 years older now.

Good luck to everyone & if anyone has any questions about clomid please feel free to ask x

Hiya :wave:

I'm 33, and also have had clockwork cycles. I've only ever deviated a day or two and I haven't been on any BC in about 10+ yrs. So imagine my surprise when a year after trying I have a CD21 blood work only to be told I had a "low ovulation" result. I'm healthy and never, ever had issues. .it's really disheartening.

I started at 50mg last month and moved up to 100. I'm 3dpo right now and praying this is it..my OB only does 6 months of Clomid so I really don't know what we're going to do after that.

Did you have any symptoms on your first go around that you remember?

Hi there MnGmakes3!

First of all wishing u loads of luck this cycle hope the higher dose does the trick!
Did u ovulate on 50mg?
Apparently my blood work on 50mg still showed a low result but I was pregnant!
I didn't have any side effects apart from a few headaches, I don't remember having a lot of cm either, I briefly drank grapefruit juice (like one carton the night I conceived haha so wouldn't have done much). Had cough mixture (robuitsen) too.
I had no pregnancy symptoms at all! I remember getting low back pain at about 7dpo & I assumed I was just gonna have a bad period as I often get period pains in my back. Didn't have any breast pain either. I had started testing at 8dpo & kept getting bfn's, then at 11dpo I woke up with really bad stomach cramps, I ran to bathroom convinced AF had started but nothing, when I took my temp it had gone higher instead of dropping too. Something told me to test again that morning and that was when I got my first bfp. The pains had apparently were the egg burrowing! Didn't get any other pg symptoms til I was 6 weeks when boobs started to hurt.

I know it can be down heartening when u find out you're not ovulating, I felt like a really useless woman. But I had to just accept it & at least it can be easily fixed, clomid really is a wonder drug so don't give up on it x

Thanks. It's always good to hear from others who are a step behind and already gone through the same process. I did ovulate on the 50 but apparently it wasn't strong enough, whatever that means.

I've done 3 rounds of clomid (feb-May this year) but no :bfp: :nope:

I've been upped to 100mg and will be monitored on it. I'm soooooo excited to start it!

I took provera - 20mg a day for 7 days and took my last pill last Monday. I was expecting af to arrive soon after because I have a short luteal phase (lol - I'm sure there's no link - it was just what I got in my head!!). Here I am though - 8 days later with no sign whatsoever. It's so frustrating. Not sure what will happen if it doesn't start :-/ I've heard some people fail the "provera test".

I have pcos and no periods without help. I'm on the skinny side so no weight to shift. But I do get acne with it :growlmad:

Unicornwish - is this your first round of clomid since your lo?

MnGmakes3 - yay for 3dpo! Hope 100mg is the magic dose for you.

Hope we all get clomid miracles very soon!! :flower:

Hi I was also in clomid club in 2010. Back on round #1 of clomid for baby number 3. :)

Good luck ladies!

So I'm only 3dpo today and I know it's super early for real symptoms. I have really sore nips. It's not extreme, sensitive to the touch and odd enough to get me to start questioning things.

Had anyone had the same?

I did four cycles of 50mg chlomid. Cycle 3 I had really sore boobs, hot sweats and crazy dreams but BFN, Cycle 4 I had the exact same symptoms but my boobs felt so full and so sore, this cycle I got my BFP.
Unfortunately at 8 weeks I had a miscarriage

I have just started on my first new cycle on chlomid and am 7dpo, had a few twinges but don't feel pregnant

I react badly to chlomid it makes me feel very down in the week after ovulation so feeling very fed up tonight xxxx

Hi Ladies!

Nice to see this feed. I am currently on my 6th cycle of 100mg of clomid. I have had lots of hot flashes, changes in my period (really heavy, but shorter duration), and lack of cm. I did have a pregnancy on my 4th cycle of clomid that unfortunately ended in an early loss. I am using evening primrose oil this cycle in hopes that this will be the month.

I go to the RE on the 27th, however, as my prescription was only for 6 months and I am VERY anxious to hear what the next steps will be.

Good luck to everyone here!

I have nothing much to report for 5dpo... some pinching feelings, and the same sore nips. Not feeling very promising.

I finally have af! I can start taking clomid again in the morning :happydance: I'm feeling a bit anxious about doubling the dose - 50mg dried up my cm so I imagine 100mg will make that worse.

I'm taking omega 3 and I might try some mucinex too.

Sorry to hear about your losses kat & sammy.

Good luck to those of you in the tww! Hope we see some sticky bfp's very soon!

K4..Definitely do the mucinex. It helped me a bunch! I took the pills in the morning and again in the evening.

Baby dust to you!!

I'm def on the chlomid roller coaster lol
Right so I am 9po and was convinced it hadn't worked as no real symptoms. However........
Woke up this morning with some very very light brown/pink spotting all I could think was implantation bleeding however I am also very aware of the crazy world of chlomid.

Has anyone ever experienced anything similar.

Off on holiday on Sunday with testing day Tuesday, if I dare!!!!

Hey everyone nice to hear from some new people!

Kate & Sammy sorry to hear of your losses ��

Kath glad to hear AF has started for u so u can get going! Drink loads of water to help with cm, have u tried robuitsen cough medicine? Some also say grapefruit juice is good for cm. I tried clomid again briefly 2 years ago after having my lo and according to my charts I did ovulate but no bfp, however my partner was working away a lot at the time so I don't think the timing was ever right.
So this will be my first cycle now I can get the timing spot on again!

Kate i never had any implantation bleed/spotting but I know a lot of women who have so fingers crossed!

MnG my nips were sensitive (not painful) at about 10dpo. They never actually hurt til I was 6 weeks preg. But everyone is different. They say clomid can mimick the symptoms of pregnancy which is the most frustrating thing but I have to say its never done that for me.

I'm still waiting for AF (CD 27 now) my recent cycles have been about 32-33 days so I'm guessing in the next few days she will show up then I can start clomid.

Sending everyone baby dust for this cycle!

I finally have af! I can start taking clomid again in the morning :happydance: I'm feeling a bit anxious about doubling the dose - 50mg dried up my cm so I imagine 100mg will make that worse.

I'm taking omega 3 and I might try some mucinex too.

Sorry to hear about your losses kat & sammy.

Good luck to those of you in the tww! Hope we see some sticky bfp's very soon!

Have you tried evening primrose oil? This is my first cycle trying it, but I really can already tell a huge difference in my cm as mine was virtually gone!!

Hmmmm - mucinex or evening primrose. I don't want to do both because I won't know which one worked - and with clomid already going into my body, plus multivitamins I'm a bit worried about doing too much at once. Do either promote 'fertile' cm? I do still get cm but none of the ewcm I get when I'm not on clomid. Any thoughts about which would be better for this cycle? Does epo take a while to work? Should I take it a while before seeing any changes? I think mucinex is pretty fast isn't it?

I'm day 2 of clomid - have hot flashes, had a headache all night and slept badly. Feeling a bit grumpy today lol! Feel better now I'm up and drinking lots of water though.

Who else is tracking ov? I use fertility friend with temps and opk's. Am I the only control freak? :winkwink:

Kath I track o with both fertility friend and opks. I don't think it's a bad thing, my GP told me not to do it when I was ttc my first as he said it would cause extra stress but in my case I had to as I wasn't living with my OH at the time so I couldn't BD all the time to cover my bases. I waited to get a pos opk then went for it! FF confirmed I had ovulated the following day but if it wasn't for the opks I wouldn't have got pregnant and I will be doing both again this time round.
Charting is also useful to confirm O because u can still get a pos on an opk and not actually ovulate. This was happening to me when I was ttc with an ex 9 years ago. Charts showed I wasn't ovulating and then day 21 progesterone confirmed it. When I was on clomid I could see the rise on my chart for first time

Have any of you ladies gotten early onset OHSS? This is my first cycle on just 100mg of clomid and I ended up in the ER last week and found out I have OHSS and to many follicles to count, possibly because I already ovulate on my own. Of course this was after I had already ovulated so who knows if I will end up pregnant or not and if so I have no idea how many eggs I actually released. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey shandis
I've never had that on clomid or heard of anyone else having it, I know it is possible but always heard it was rarer on clomid and more likely on hcg injectables.
Do you have pcos? As I think it can be more common with that

Hey shandis
I've never had that on clomid or heard of anyone else having it, I know it is possible but always heard it was rarer on clomid and more likely on hcg injectables.
Do you have pcos? As I think it can be more common with that

All of my test have come back normal and I don't fit any of the criteria for pcos, I do already ovulate on my own so that may be part of it. I also didn't do any trigger shot or anything else just the clomid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->