Clomid club- any ladies on clomid please join x

Clomid apparently hates me this time round. CD11 and honest to god I have SO many spots. I've not been this zitty in 18 years. And I'm stroppy and headachey too. A couple of tiny twinges but otherwise no ovary movement at all. Terrified it won't work as all I have is 5 100mg cycles of deviously obtained clomid before we have to go private as we're not entitled to any more help from the NHS.

Yeah I did hear it's more likely that u can get it if u are already ovulating on your own, hope it doesn't cause u any trouble and u get your bfp soon

Clomid apparently hates me this time round. CD11 and honest to god I have SO many spots. I've not been this zitty in 18 years. And I'm stroppy and headachey too. A couple of tiny twinges but otherwise no ovary movement at all. Terrified it won't work as all I have is 5 100mg cycles of deviously obtained clomid before we have to go private as we're not entitled to any more help from the NHS.

Dragon mummy- I remember u from clomid club in 2010 I sent u a tube of conceive plus that I didn't end up needing cos I was lucky enough to fall on 1st cycle of clomid. AF finally started today so I can start taking it again in next few days. I'm hoping I will be as lucky this time round but like u I'm worried it won't work.
How did u manage to deviously obtain it?! Only asking as I only have 3 cycles of it which were from last time I was trying a couple of years back. I may be able to get more from my GP but they were wanting me to be referred & have HSG etc back then before being prescribed more which was frustrating as I only have ovulation issues as far as I'm aware (conceived as soon as I was prescribed it for the first time)
I think u can go privately I heard of someone who had 6 cycles for £350, I know it's expensive but I would happily pay that if I couldn't get anymore through NHS

Shandis - sorry to hear you have OHSS :hugs: why did you go to ER? Did you have symptoms of it?

Unicornwish - I temp & do opks too. Like you I was told not to but with pcos I actually feel more stressed out with not knowing where I am up to. Temping keeps me calm lol!

Dragonmommy - spots are awful beyond teenage years - I would know - it's my biggest pcos symptom. Grrrr!! Although not too bad at the moment - but I do feel your pain! Hopefully your hormones are doing some good as well as driving you crazy!

Unicorn & dragon - what is conceive plus ? I haven't heard of it before?? (Although I hadn't heard if mucinex to help cm either - shows what I know!)

Shandis - sorry to hear you have OHSS :hugs: why did you go to ER? Did you have symptoms of it?

Unicornwish - I temp & do opks too. Like you I was told not to but with pcos I actually feel more stressed out with not knowing where I am up to. Temping keeps me calm lol!

Dragonmommy - spots are awful beyond teenage years - I would know - it's my biggest pcos symptom. Grrrr!! Although not too bad at the moment - but I do feel your pain! Hopefully your hormones are doing some good as well as driving you crazy!

Unicorn & dragon - what is conceive plus ? I haven't heard of it before?? (Although I hadn't heard if mucinex to help cm either - shows what I know!)

I was actually having really af cramps and sharp pains for 2 days straight after ovulation. It hurt to walk and to sit down, it was extremely uncomfortable. I just heard from my OBGYN and she spoke with my RE and they decided to switch me to femera next month if this cycle is a bust because she said people are less likely to overstimulate.

I was actually having really af cramps and sharp pains for 2 days straight after ovulation. It hurt to walk and to sit down, it was extremely uncomfortable. I just heard from my OBGYN and she spoke with my RE and they decided to switch me to femera next month if this cycle is a bust because she said people are less likely to overstimulate.

Ouch - sounds painful. But glad you have a plan for next month if this cycle doesn't work out :thumbup: fx'd you won't need it!

Kath conceive plus is similar to pre seed, u can buy it from boots it's in a pink tube think it's about a tenner?
I was convinced my 1st cycle on clomid was gonna be a bust so I was busy planning for different things I could do for the next cycle then got my bfp!
Have u ever tried anything like that to assist with lack of cm? I honestly didn't notice much the cycle I conceived, years ago I used to get loads of jelly like EWCM, but obviously didn't have a negative effect with me

Unicorn - I haven't tried anything for cm before tbh. I had loads in the cycle I conceived dd so I didn't have to think about it! Because I also have a blood clotting disorder I'm wary of taking too many different things - I've decided to leave the epo this cycle because is has anticoagulant effects which would make my blood clotting worse than it is. I'm going to try the mucinex this cycle & I'll try conceive plus next round if I have to.

Symptom wise from clomid I had headaches the first two days with mild and fleeting hot flushes. Otherwise I was fine - but late last night and at odd times today I've had some odd visual effects going on! Only very mild - but it's like some things have extra edges that are see through (only sometimes). I've just popped my last clomid this cycle and it's definitely worse since I've taken it. Hope it's gone very soon - it's weird!!! Anyone else ever had visual side effects?

Hello ladies, mind if I join?
I start clomid day 5 of whenever my period starts. Currently on provera for the next 8 days. Haven't had it before so I'm not sure of what to expect.
:flower:

Kath I've never had visual side effects from what I remember but I've heard of others that have. Some women have been taken off it in severe cases.
Did u conceive your DD on clomid? Sorry if you've already said I've lost count with amount of people posting here!

Welcome cluckerduckie!
Hope u are able to start clomid soon. Do u have any children already?

I take my 1st clomid tablet tomorrow on CD3.
Can't remember many side effects from before apart from headaches so I hope I'm as lucky this time!

Kath I've never had visual side effects from what I remember but I've heard of others that have. Some women have been taken off it in severe cases.
Did u conceive your DD on clomid? Sorry if you've already said I've lost count with amount of people posting here!

Welcome cluckerduckie!

Can't remember many side effects from before apart from headaches so I hope I'm as lucky this time!

Thank you unicornwish!
I have two children already. Two boys ages 4.5 and 18 months. I currently take provera and I will say, hormones is what probably started this mess. Now to take MORE hormones to fix the problem? :haha: Way for Dr's and pharmaceuticals to make $$$$$$.

Fx'd for you!!

DH leaves for 3 months so this cycle is a test run to see how things are going. I'm just praying I ovulate.

Welcome cluckerduckie!

Thank you unicornwish!
I have two children already. Two boys ages 4.5 and 18 months. I currently take provera and I will say, hormones is what probably started this mess. Now to take MORE hormones to fix the problem? :haha: Way for Dr's and pharmaceuticals to make $$$$$$.

Fx'd for you!!

DH leaves for 3 months so this cycle is a test run to see how things are going. I'm just praying I ovulate.

Hey cluckerduckie!

Did u conceive your two boys naturally with no probs? Sorry I'm nosey!

So will u just be monitoring your cycle this month to see if u ovulate with the clomid?
I really hope it's a success for you.
I believe my ovulation problems have been due to long term use of ssri anti depressants

I hope you get your bfp!
I too have been taking Clomid-100mg days 5-9. This is the last cycle my OB will do. I'm nervous it won't work. I have an 8 year old son and have been pregnant 5 times with 4 losses. I'm praying it works out for us both!

I tried to post a reply to you, but I don't think it worked. Sorry I'm new to this!

Unicorn - I conceived dd using soy. My cycles are SO screwed up that I hadn't had AF naturally for months when I took it. All visual symptoms have gone away now & today is only my first day without clomid. Really pleased that symptom hasn't stuck around!

Hi cluckerduckie (LOVE that name!). Are you monitoring your cycle in any way to know if you OV? Fx'd it works for you!!!

907-sorry to hear about your losses. We're they on clomid? Really hoping it all works out for you this cycle.

Unicornwish- I conceived naturally with no problems with them both and it seemed that after the 2nd pregnancy, everything went haywire for no reason. Just monitoring for the time being. :)
I've heard about anti-depressants causing ovulation issues but didn't think it was actually a problem until I encountered a friend who is now 8 months pg and has been on antidepressants most of her life. Took 4 years to conceive the girl she is pg with now. :/

k4th- I am using OPK's to monitor OV currently and I actually got a strong positive today that made me wonder...I haven't ovulated in 2 years...and have been on provera for 2 days. It went away this afternoon, but I don't know why 1/2 of the day I get strong lines and the other, not so much. :/ Definitely thinking the hormones in my body is completely shot and continuing with the provera for now.
I've read a little bit ahead, but how many cycles have you been trying with clomid?
:flower:

Mind if I join?! On CD 1 and starting clomid CD 5!! So excited that I can finally DO something! Excited to see what will come of it! Baby dust to all you lovely ladies!!

Mind if I join?! On CD 1 and starting clomid CD 5!! So excited that I can finally DO something! Excited to see what will come of it! Baby dust to all you lovely ladies!!

:wave:
This isn't my thread to welcome you but I will say hello! :)
Is this your first time on clomid?

Cluckerduckie - I did three cycles on clomid earlier in the year at 50mg. I've been upped to 100mg and am currently cd8. Have a scan on cd13 to see what's going on!

Hi mrsmccurdy - good luck for your first cycle with clomid - hope it works some magic for you!!

Anyone who temps & has taken clomid - do you always get a temp rise when you're taking clomid? When I took 50mg I got a big temp rise but now I'm on 100 mg I've not had much of a shift at all. Is it normal to not get a temp rise on the pills? I'm worried it isn't working!!!! Although I do have pretty tender bb's today :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->