Clomid club- any ladies on clomid please join x

Hi mrs McMurdy I hope clomid is a success for you! It was all I needed after years of infertility!
Cluckerduckie I had heard before that anti depressants can cause u to ovulate later but in my case I wasn't ovulating at all. I personally think it's linked to them containing prolactin (they used to give me sore boobs all month) and that's a hormone that is released when u are breast feeding which is obviously when they sat u don't normally ovulate so it makes sense. My GP always used to say it shouldn't cause problems but that's my gut feeling. So I have had to come off my meds pretty abruptly as didn't want to still have them in my system while I was taking clomid just incase it counter acted it.
Kath are u talking about general temp every day or ovulation rise? I've only ever taken clomid 50mg, the first cycle I took it which was the cycle I fell pregnant I had a temp rise for first time ever. I also did 2 cycles with it two years ago and did get enough of a rise both times for FF to detect ovulation. Although my timing was out with BD. I think as long as it's a sustained rise in temp for 3 days it is normally an indication of ovulation, shouldn't matter exactly how high just higher than pre O temps x

Thanks unicorn - I was meaning that I usually see higher temps on the days I actually take the tablets - so cd2-6. Then they drop until I OV and then I get a clear & sustained rise. Has anyone else seen this?

I'm cd 8 and my temps have been low the whole time I've taken the clomid. With doubling the dose I would have thought is still see those higer temps :shrug:

I have probably a slightly random question,
Who of you wonderful ladies started on 100 mg vs 50 mg? And what were the circumstances that was the reason for that? 100 mg if you don't ovulate and 50 mg if you do already?
Thanks!

Mrsmccurdy - I don't ovulate on my own & started on 50mg. I did OV (late) on 50mg & have been moved up to 100mg. Not sure why a person would start on 100mg but I'm sure the doctors have good reasons :)

I started on 100mg this time as 50mg didn't work for us when we were ttc in 2010.

Evidently it's rocking my world at that dose as I got a peak and a smiley today! First egg since I conceived my daughter 4 years ago! :happydance:

Hello ladies, I'm on CD16 and waiting for CD21 to get my labs and see if I'm O'ing. I don't think I am, but if the test confirms I'm not then I will be startin Clomid in Sept. My doc was very adamant that he will NOT put his pt's on Clomid if they are already O'ing.

Also I have had a friend have visual problems on clomid, she started to go blind, so was taken off. I have heard good and bad, so I am nervous, anxious and excited to try it, just waiting til next week to do my labs first. Baby Dust to you all. :)

Posting for notifs, because I'm starting Clomid in a few weeks.

Hi k4th! Only 1 was on the clomid.
My 1st pregnancy ended around 18 weeks. Unfortunately how I found out I have an incompetent cervix.
2nd pregnancy was, my now 8 year old, son. I had to have a cerclauge at 13 weeks and was on bed rest from week 11 through week 39.
My 3rd pregnancy went to around 10 weeks.
Then my 4th was a chemical pregnancy.
And my last one only lasted until about week 6.

I'm on cycle day 11 now. Just started doing opk's today. Praying for everyone!

I have probably a slightly random question,
Who of you wonderful ladies started on 100 mg vs 50 mg? And what were the circumstances that was the reason for that? 100 mg if you don't ovulate and 50 mg if you do already?
Thanks!

They started me on 50mg days3-7-- which indicated no ovulation. So mine was upped to 100mg and I did ovulate.

I don't ovulate on my own and was started on 50mg which worked for me, although my GP told me my progesterone level wasn't great when I had day 21 bloods done on my first clomid cycle, I was actually pregnant so it had obviously worked!
Kath I never noticed higher temps on the days I took clomid but I guess everyone is different. I wouldn't take it as an indication of whether it's worked or not, just wait for your O/temp rise and judge it from that.
I've taken 2 clomid tabs now and the headaches have set in already!

I don't ovulate on my own and was started on 50mg which worked for me, although my GP told me my progesterone level wasn't great when I had day 21 bloods done on my first clomid cycle, I was actually pregnant so it had obviously worked!
Kath I never noticed higher temps on the days I took clomid but I guess everyone is different. I wouldn't take it as an indication of whether it's worked or not, just wait for your O/temp rise and judge it from that.
:( do you take them at night or during the day? Oye. I hope I get a free b*tch pasd at work because I'm horrible with headaches! :haha:

I take them at night because apparently u sleep through the side effects better that way. Stinking headache most of this morning though! But more than worth it if it helps me conceive again

How many munchkin(s) do you have? If you don't mind me asking.

:( do you take them at night or during the day? Oye. I hope I get a free b*tch pasd at work because I'm horrible with headaches! :haha:

Oh boy... Me too! Maybe I should warn work... Haha

How are all those headaches doing this morning? Hope they're all subsiding or at least manageable! In the end my symptoms were; headaches the first two days with mild hot flushes, nothing the third day, weird visual things the last two days. Since I've stopped the pills I'm having some hot flushes at night, mild abdominal twinges and slightly higher temps than normal in the morning (not post OV temps yet). I'm cd 10 and all negative opks so far - not a surprise! Just testing early to make sure I catch it if it happens before my scan on Tuesday!!

When will everyone else finish their clomid? :flower:

Hi cluckerduckie
I just have one boy who is 3.
Hope everyone is doing ok, I'm on day 4 of clomid now, only one more to go then I will start opks in about 4 days

Hi Guys,

i am 25 and i had Endo and i have PCOS also partner has a low Count.

i have tried clomid 50mg with no luck y folies didnt grow at all.
2nd round 150mg and folies didnt grow again.
i am now about to start 200mg and 1000 Metformin hopefully this month does the trick!

Hi misscassie - sorry to hear clomid isn't working yet - hope 200mg does the trick. How were your symptoms on 150mg??

My cbfm is on high and still negative opk's for me. Only cd11 though so plenty of time yet. I just went to boots to get some conceive plus - they didn't have any in though. They only had "balance activ conceive". Anyone heard of this? It was a pretty big boots too so I don't know if I'd have any more luck somewhere else :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->