Clomid club- any ladies on clomid please join x

Hi misscassie hope the metformin and clomid together work for you!

Kath I've never heard of that before but I just googled it and it basically looks like the same as conceive plus. It was over 4 years ago I bought that so haven't looked since.

I'm not going to try fertility gels etc yet purely because the month I conceived I didn't use anything like that. Never noticed any obvious cm that month, maybe a very slight amount around O but nothing major. And yet I still got preg so I don't think it's as important as a lot of women worry about. However I have heard clomid especially in the higher doses can dry up the cm so I don't think there is anything to be lost by using it & a lot of people have said the month they have used it was the month they fell.

Is your cbfm giving conflicting results to your opks then? I've never used one of the monitors before so not 100 % sure how they work. Do they read urine sticks same as opks?

Unicorn - the cbfm reads two hormones - oestrogen & lh. So, in theory, a woman should get up to 3 "highs" when oestrogen is present and then two "peaks" when the lh is found. It's supposed to give you more warning than just opks alone - but the lh bit does the same as an opk. Problem is that I have pcos & have had up to 11 "highs" before a peak due to all my cysts!! (It's not recommended for women with pcos as this is a common problem with us). So to answer your question ( finally!) the tests aren't contradicting each other, the cbfm is just confirming my oestrogen is high. Could still be a long wait for me but I do love to poas - keeps me entertained lol!!!!

Lol thanks for filling me in.
I got some of the clearblue digi opks and I see they have changed since I last bought them and now have a dual indicator where it picks up your 4 most fertile days, high and peak fertility

Hi misscassie - sorry to hear clomid isn't working yet - hope 200mg does the trick. How were your symptoms on 150mg??

My cbfm is on high and still negative opk's for me. Only cd11 though so plenty of time yet. I just went to boots to get some conceive plus - they didn't have any in though. They only had "balance activ conceive". Anyone heard of this? It was a pretty big boots too so I don't know if I'd have any more luck somewhere else :shrug:

My symptoms on 150mg I just had cramping on around my ovaries and a milky discharge, also I had a pinching sensation about a week after finishing. Also I have been having a lot of hot flushes. When I had my internal scan it was very sensitive. But that's about it.

How are all those headaches doing this morning? Hope they're all subsiding or at least manageable! In the end my symptoms were; headaches the first two days with mild hot flushes, nothing the third day, weird visual things the last two days. Since I've stopped the pills I'm having some hot flushes at night, mild abdominal twinges and slightly higher temps than normal in the morning (not post OV temps yet). I'm cd 10 and all negative opks so far - not a surprise! Just testing early to make sure I catch it if it happens before my scan on Tuesday!!

When will everyone else finish their clomid? :flower:

I don't even know when I start mine. 2 more days until I finish provera. Was told I'd be getting a period 3 days after my last dose. *hopeful*

Just back off holidays, so what a cruel cycle that was, with spotting at 10dpo and my period two days late (only other time ever been late was in April when got my BFP)
Gutted but trying to stay positive and just started cycle 2, just hope I get my BFP before November which would have been my due date x

Misscassie - sounds like you've done well overall to only get a few side effects on 150mg. Good for you!!

Cluckerduckie - I had to wait until 9 days after my last provera for AF to arrive. It felt like the longest 9 days!! Hope you don't have to wait that long!

Kats - really sorry to hear AF got you and played tricks on you too :hugs:

Hi all

I'm on first cycle of clomid, I'm on CD 5 taken 4th pill of 50mg clomid as doing days 2-6. So far not much sude affects apart from light nausea and fatigue but take at night so no problem.
Any cycle buddies this month? Nervous but excited! Hope 21 day blood show improved ovulation levels!
My current levels untreated are 23mmol day 21 so borderline as they like above 25 min. So fingers crossed 50mg helps!
Good luck to you all this cycle or on your current ones! X
Xx

My cbfm goes high from day 5 ish. Previously not ovulated til cd21 although this cycle I banged an egg out at cd 17. Still, nearly 2 weeks of highs!

Just creeping into 4dpo.

Bored now.

Want to test.

Must resist.

Sounds like everyone is moving right along as planned so far.
I've now taken my 2nd dose, both right before bed. Don't think I've got any noticeable side effects yet. Been tired but have been since I started my period, which is normal.
I've been praying, wishing, hoping this works so bad that I might just will myself to ovulate and get pregnant!! Haha good luck ladies!

K4th- I'd be horribly gutted if it took that long!! Obgyn told me to come in after 3 days if it didn't show. Not like I'm in a hurry but the left side of my uterus felt weird while BD today. Has never happened so I'm really hoping I haven't developed a fibroid from this provera. My uterine lining is already paper thin so I'm not expecting a normal period with this.

DragonMummy- fx'd for you!!! :dust:

Hi all
I'm CD9 just started using opks today. Am using these Clearblue dual indicator ones which test for rising oestrogen as well as LH surge. Apparently u get an average of two high fertility days before it picks up your peak fertility days measuring the LH surge. So I'm guessing they're similar to CBFM by measuring two hormones.
I just got a blank circle this morning so not picking up anything yet.
Weirdly u have to use FMU with them, always used to test at around 2pm with the original ones (which always worked brilliantly for me and helped me conceive DS).
So I'm a bit worried I may miss my surge but will probably test twice a day when I suspect O is close.
Wishing everyone good luck wherever they are in their cycles :dust:

Unicorn - the cbfm also uses fmu and sounds like a similar principle - picks up two hormones so you get high & peak days. In the past when I've used the monitor & opks I've always had a -ive opk in the afternoon, followed by a peak in the morning & then a +ive opk that afternoon. So it should all still work even with fmu. I'd always check with cheap opks too though - I might have mentioned already but I do love to poas!!!!

Had my scan this morning - 2 follies at 19mm, 1 at 17mm and a lining of 8.7mm :happydance: scan was quickly followed by a trigger shot (& a lecture about multiples!). Off to get busy lol.....

Yay K4th !! Bring on the multiples! (Being a twin I am partial to multiples... hahaha)

Yay K4th !! Bring on the multiples! (Being a twin I am partial to multiples... hahaha)

Lol! This morning I was thinking the same.

I have to admit I'm panicking slightly now I'm back at home! Not that I wouldn't love twins - but the cost of nursery fees would be astronomical!! Never mind the cost for triplets!! I'm wondering just how responsible I'm being to the family I have NOW in going for it this month :wacko:

But then I imagine what a :bfp: would look like :happydance:

*sigh* I overthink everything. It's a side effect of being a total control freak :dohh:

Hi all
I'm CD9 just started using opks today. Am using these Clearblue dual indicator ones which test for rising oestrogen as well as LH surge. Apparently u get an average of two high fertility days before it picks up your peak fertility days measuring the LH surge. So I'm guessing they're similar to CBFM by measuring two hormones.
I just got a blank circle this morning so not picking up anything yet.
Weirdly u have to use FMU with them, always used to test at around 2pm with the original ones (which always worked brilliantly for me and helped me conceive DS).
So I'm a bit worried I may miss my surge but will probably test twice a day when I suspect O is close.
Wishing everyone good luck wherever they are in their cycles :dust:

I've heard that the dual indicator helps you time giving you a bigger window. :happydance:
I'm swaying on getting the clear blue fertility monitor but the price....:shrug:

I bought my cbfm on ebay cluckerduckie. Was about a quarter of the cost of a new one & works just fine. It's one of the old style ones so I have to buy the sticks online but I'd probably have done that anyway because they're cheaper.

Update from me: I woke at 3am (18 hours post shot) with really bad ov cramps. I say really bad - I mean rely bad for me - I didn't get out of bed though & I went straight back to sleep lol! Nothing since then though - no twinges or anything. Everything I've read says that you ov 34 hours EARLIEST after shot :shrug: dunno what's going on - will have to watch my temps.

I bought my cbfm on ebay cluckerduckie. Was about a quarter of the cost of a new one & works just fine. It's one of the old style ones so I have to buy the sticks online but I'd probably have done that anyway because they're cheaper.

Update from me: I woke at 3am (18 hours post shot) with really bad ov cramps. I say really bad - I mean rely bad for me - I didn't get out of bed though & I went straight back to sleep lol! Nothing since then though - no twinges or anything. Everything I've read says that you ov 34 hours EARLIEST after shot :shrug: dunno what's going on - will have to watch my temps.

;) maybe more than just one released.
:sex: :sex: :sex:
:happydance:

Last day of provera!!!
I'm not complaining - yes I am.
My boobs are slightly bigger and very sensitive to hot water, air, even cloth! Running was horrible this morning. Been running on roughly 4 hours of sleep a night for the last week. I'm so incredibly bloated. :/
I'm so confused with clomid. Do I take it when I first start spotting for 5 days regardless of bleeding? Like spotting will be CD1?

"Yay" for finishing provera :happydance:

"Boo" for side effects!!

I was told that my first day of proper bleeding first thing in the morning was cd1 for clomid. So spotting doesn't count as cd1. Neither does full AF at 6pm - the next day would be cd1. That's what I was told anyway :shrug: which days are you taking clomid cluckerduckie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->