clomid club

Just wanted to jump in clomid made me a mad woman, so it is down to the clomid..hopefully it will pass..

Just wanted to jump in clomid made me a mad woman, so it is down to the clomid..hopefully it will pass..

I always expected if I were to get mood swings it'd be at the beginning of the cycle when you actually taking the pills, not at the end. Plus, I NEVER expected it to be THIS bad!! I mean it is REALLY bad!! I threatened to leave my hubby the other night, I've taken my mums head off, it took every bit of will power for me not to blow up at my sister yesterday, its REALLY bad! I am one of the quietest, least confrontational people I know and right now I am like a lunatic! Wouldn't be so bad if at the end of it I got my BFP but a bfn at 14dpo isn't looking good is it? :dohh:. Plus this is my last month of TTC for probably 18 months as I am to have surgery in a few months time (only found out a week ago) and I obviously can't be pregnant if I am to have it, so assuming I'm not pregnant then this is me for at LEAST a year! :cry:

I always expected if I were to get mood swings it'd be at the beginning of the cycle when you actually taking the pills, not at the end. Plus, I NEVER expected it to be THIS bad!! I mean it is REALLY bad!! I threatened to leave my hubby the other night, I've taken my mums head off, it took every bit of will power for me not to blow up at my sister yesterday, its REALLY bad! I am one of the quietest, least confrontational people I know and right now I am like a lunatic! Wouldn't be so bad if at the end of it I got my BFP but a bfn at 14dpo isn't looking good is it? :dohh:. Plus this is my last month of TTC for probably 18 months as I am to have surgery in a few months time (only found out a week ago) and I obviously can't be pregnant if I am to have it, so assuming I'm not pregnant then this is me for at LEAST a year! :cry:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey Lisa, sorry for the BFN this morning but remember, you are not out until AF arrives. It still can happen.

Clomid made me very bitchy as well but I think at the end of the cycle it was more due to the fact that I felt Clomid wasn't working and so the disappointed, anger and frustration set in. Before that, we still have hope that this might be the month the clomid is working and the hope made me calm...

Fxd for you!

Thanks ladies,

I feel a bit more human again today, thank goodness as I've had a rough day with DS who has special needs and has been a handful today! So VERY glad I was in a better state of mind to deal with it all today.

I am now 15DPO and got a BFN this morning, but equally there is no sign of AF.... so your guess is as good as mines. No symptoms, feel completely normal, except I am REALLY tired, and I have MILLIONS of CM, like I've never had before, its very strange! Anyways, I'll keep you updated. As mentioned before this is my last cycle TTC until after surgery so if AF gets me I wish you all the best of luck!

How is everyone else getting on? x

aw hug. I've not had any of that but have had mad hot flushes all month which I assume is only clomid. 3DPO....... trying to hold out till 10DPO to test.

Hey Lisa. Sounds just like me on the clomid... I am on a 2 month treatment break because I actually felt like the clomid was making me mentally unstable.

:dust: for your +

Thanks ladies, I am glad to say I am feeling a little more normal recently. Maybe been a little more short tempered recently but I have had a lot going on and high stress levels.

I am now 18DPO, had some spotting last night but its all stopped today. Haven' done a test for a few days but going to hold off a few more days to see what happens.

hello ladies; wow never seen this forum speachless! How is everyone? :dust: to everyone!

Thought I would send a quick update for everyone, we are currently 18 weeks and 5 days?? We will be finding you on April 30th what we are having and are so excited. I have been getting a lot of back pain lately, but i think it might be the start of round ligament pain or my kidneys giving me issues (could also be my uterus getting bigger) my hubby doesnt understand hormones or pregnancy, need to order him a book lol Baby dust to all of you!

I am in the Clomid club now, just had ovulation on 2nd cycle and increased to 100mg. Been trying for 2 1/2 years no without any success. fingers extremely crossed ... for twins LOL x

Hi gals! Im new on clomid! I have PCOS and I started taking it on CD5... Today is CD7, and so far, lastnight I was very sensitive crying for stupid things. Today Im ok, but I lost my appetite.

I googled some side effects of clomid. Many women complained about seveare bloating, fast weight gaining and terrible migraine. Im so afraid any of this happen to me, as Im trying to eat healthy and Im doing some cardio to have a healthy pregnancy, but Im afraid to get all the bad side effects.

Any encouraing words? Today I got worried as at lunch I could only take soup, and Im very full! This is not normal in me!

Hi everyone!

How is everyone doing?

35 Smiling, you are right, Never seen this thread so quiet.:shrug::haha:

Carty, I am with you. . . I am now hoping and praying for multiples. I just don't want to have to deal with this whole infertility mess anymore. Twins Triplets, I would gladly welcome.

So here is my update.

Since we lost the baby we had to take several months (3) off. This is my last cycle before we start clomid again.

I was on 50 mg days 3-7. just using OPKs.
I will be on 100 mg, days 3-7 using OPKs, with a mid cycle ultrasound and the trigger shot when necessary. I talked the Dr. into going up to 100 even though we did conceive at 50. They think my progesterone dropped too quickly to sustain the pregnancy so this will make my progesterone last longer and I will go onto progesterone suppositories. ( I am a planner :dohh:)

I am very very ready to start back up again!:wohoo:

Hi gals! Im new on clomid! I have PCOS and I started taking it on CD5... Today is CD7, and so far, lastnight I was very sensitive crying for stupid things. Today Im ok, but I lost my appetite.

I googled some side effects of clomid. Many women complained about seveare bloating, fast weight gaining and terrible migraine. Im so afraid any of this happen to me, as Im trying to eat healthy and Im doing some cardio to have a healthy pregnancy, but Im afraid to get all the bad side effects.

Any encouraing words? Today I got worried as at lunch I could only take soup, and Im very full! This is not normal in me!

Hi Pola! Welcome to the Clomid club :hugs:

I am sorry about your appetite. I didn't have any of those side effects.
I had some moodiness that was about it. I only gained weight after we lost the baby, and that I know was from very unhealthy snacking and my comfort food .... McDonalds lol

It is not always as bad as it sounds, I was hoping for the hot flushes, but none...
Good Luck and keep us posted :dust::dust:

Hi Pola! Welcome to the Clomid club :hugs:

I am sorry about your appetite. I didn't have any of those side effects.
I had some moodiness that was about it. I only gained weight after we lost the baby, and that I know was from very unhealthy snacking and my comfort food .... McDonalds lol

It is not always as bad as it sounds, I was hoping for the hot flushes, but none...
Good Luck and keep us posted :dust::dust:
Thank you so much for your reply! :hugs: so sorry for your loss, BTW! :hugs:
McDonalds is the enemy! When I was 19, it made me gain 30 pounds! Now I try to stay away from it, even tho when I drive by, and I smell a big mac, I cant help myself, but to drool... smells yummy! :haha:

Yesterday and today Ive been in a great mood, and very positive! However, still without appetite! Lastnight I could only eat soup! Oh well! :wacko:

hi girls.
i am new to clomid as well. we have been trying on and off for 2,5 years with a few breaks here and there and not once have we seen a BFP.
this month we are going for our first IUI and i have this negative feeling it's going to be waste.
symptoms: i started out with only a little nausea the first two days but last night i got hot flashes, more like one hot flash that lasted all night and insomnia. today is CD8 for me. going in for an ultra sound tomorrow.
i am like a zombie today and to top off my mood my neighbor is probably pregnant and is silently gloating. and she deserves it, happy for her. really beating myself up though... so jealous.
anyway.
one girl mentioned above something about side effects.. as far as bloating and weight gain goes i was told to avoid salty foods and sweets. and to drink plenty of water. well, clomid makes me very thirsty and kinda nauseas so it works for me.

Ttcreed: good for you! :wohoo: can’t wait too to ready what your having…well if you post it that is lol Good luck and thanks for popping in for the update!

Trying hard: hello there! I am doing okay just taking it one day at a time. My back is still hurting and I can’t take any more medications so over the counter pain killers are doing the job for now. My finals are Tuesday so I am geared up for this day to come fast! Lol I moved my September class to this summer so I am excited! The end is so close I can taste it :rofl: how are you doing these days.

Carty.1978: good for you! :yipee: welcome to the club! Good luck to you on this cycle! :dust:

Pola17: I am a few days late but I want to say good luck and try not to get down too much. I’ve had 5 pregnancies and 4 miscarriages. I am still going strong and believe I will have a child for my husband one day. At present I have a 19yrs old (I am only 37) ya do the math lol baby having a baby :rofl: my husband has no kids but I still keep the faith that I will have another child one day. Being on clomids does effect your hormones so ya I kind of know what your going through. Hey, we ladies are here for each other so pop in anytime and vent, share your joy, anger, and we all can learn from each other! :hugs: hope by today you feeling a little better. :dust:

Mauri: hello there! Good luck on this cycle too! :dust:

Greekgirl: ya the side affect sucks on clomids. Good luck with the IUI and think positive hun. are you doing the progesterone too? I did it with my IUI in Nov. got pregnant but due to my sticky blood condition I lost it in Dec. hey I have faith you will be fine and get your :bfp: with this IUI! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->