clomid club

Hi girls,

Wondering if any of you can help me?

I have pcos and started clomid 50mg back in November for the first time, I didn't think I ovulated that cycle but I obviously did because I got my bfp in December. I miscarried at 7 weeks on christmas eve and I'm desperate to get pregnant again, this was our first pregnancy after 3 years ttc. Does anybody know what my chances are of ovulating next time I take clomid again? Not sure if its a definite thing that it will happen now or hit and miss?
I really wasn't expecting to get pregnant first time anyway, was I just really lucky or are the chances quite high?

Sorry for your loss :hugs:
I'd think that if clomid helped you ovulate, there's a good chance it'll work again. Best of luck xx

Hi
I'm all new to the whole clomid cycles and did my first one last month which ended in AF but I'm now on cd 8 due to ovulate around 15th, does anyone know the best time to test as I never had periods before clomid I don't really know when to expect AF! Any advice will be gratefully received!
Thanks,
Laura xx

Hi
I'm all new to the whole clomid cycles and did my first one last month which ended in AF but I'm now on cd 8 due to ovulate around 15th, does anyone know the best time to test as I never had periods before clomid I don't really know when to expect AF! Any advice will be gratefully received!
Thanks,
Laura xx

I'd try to wait 14-15dpo but I know it's hard to hold off testing!

Hi all!
Newbie here starting my second cycle of Clomid tomorrow which will be CD2 for me. I had the Depo Provera injection 15 months ago - and my body didn't respond well to it - i lost all my cycles up until August this year. Then i had 35 day, 21 day, 46 day, 14 day, and 21 day cycles after that. None of which were ovulatory. I went to see the FS three or four times last year and after establishing that i wasn't ovulating in any of these cycles she gave me Clomid to start last cycle days 2-6. According to my U/S on CD 13 i had one large follie and a smaller one ready to let loose - and i ovulated about CD 20 according to OPK's and temping. However today was 10DPO and instead of waking up to a nicely risen temp and chance of testing this morning - i ended up having light flow and AF starting instead. Even though my LP was a bit short, its still the most normal cycle i have had in the last 12 months.
I am turning 35 in November - and even though i have 4 children from a previous relationship i would love to have one more baby - to give my DF ( who doesn't have any kids) one of his own.
Seems like my body just doesn't want that to happen. I was so sure i was pg this cycle - but maybe it was just that i had forgotten what an ovulatory cycle felt like. *sigh*
A bit down in the dumps - but i guess its another new month and another chance this month.

HI all, I have been TTC 2 years no, with nothing. I have endometriosis and have had surgery for removal in 2011 and a cyst removed in 2012. I went into my dr today and he starting me on clomid this month for the first time. I am on day 29 of my cycle so Ill be starting clomid soon. I am also having an HSG test after my period this month. I just am curious on side effects and results from clomid. good luck to all!

Me too! In bed with ipad now googling symptoms, taking first 50mg dose tomorrow morning....then off to see a show in london this weekend. Worried about booking the tickets last year in case i was about to pop- 18 or so months of ttc and nothing yet.
I actually skipped out of hospital rattling my box of clomid i was that excited! Finally getting somewhere! Good luck all!

Hi ladies.....im now cd8 and taking 100mg of clomid cd5-9.

good luck to you this month

lyns

I too start clomid this month .... 25mg days 3,4,5 ... I'm hoping it works!

did the whole clomis thing up to 150 mgs about 3 years ago and nothing...waited a few years and lost 80 lbs and started having normal periods again and started clomid again..got preg on 150 mgs then m/c 6 weeks into it....never ovulated again till this month when they upped my clomid to 200 mgs oh forgot to say i have pcos and am also on metformin...i am in my 2ww now...

hi ladies. I'm starting my first round of clomid this month and would love to have some others to talk to about everything. We've been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, this is our 16th cycle. Taking 50mg days 3-7 :)

Hi all. Can someone please remind me why clomid is prescribed on different days (3 to 7; 4-8; 5-9). I also saw a few on her prescribed to only take it for 3 days....
Thanks!

Hi Sadie, the theory behind prescribing it on different days is...earlier (2-6) is to make more follicles and later days (5-9) is to make fewer but better quality follicle/follicles...Never heard of only having it for 3 days but I'm guessing it is just to give your cycle a small boost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->