clomid club

Ironprincess, first let me say I am so sorry for your losses:hugs:

Clomid will do funny funny things to you. I Am on round three, first one since my loss.

are you using OPKs to help you identify your fertile window?

Hi

This is the first time i m joining such forum. I am having PCOS since 7 years and ttc since 1 year got chance to consult we RE when i went to my native place ,tried it for 3 months dropped it and consulted with RE over here . he prescribed me Clomid 100 mg this month , i dont even feel like i will ovulate i just had slight cramps while taking the medication, now i m on cycle day 12 still dnt feel like i would . Is their anyone feeling the same?

Thanks in advance for your reply

:hi: hey Hopepray!

I started clomid on this cycle 50mg on CD5-9. The days I took clomid, had slight cramping. Then on CD14 I got ovulation pain that lasted even on the DPO days. I got an ultrasound on CD12, and I had a follicle that looked nicely!

Dont worry, it will be ok! BTW Are you getting monitored?

Thanks pola17 for responding

I did one ultrasound today which is cycle day 13 , i didn't have any follicles which is about to mature ( one was 7mm &8.5mm) . My NP said i will have to wait till wednesday to know my progesterone level . I know this will take time ,god has a definite purpose about me . i am looking forward for the next followup.

well, in case it wont work this cycle, they will ask you to take a higher dose next cycle! :thumbup: Im sure youll be fine! :hugs:

Hi ladies this is my first month ttc baby no.2, I already have a 14 month old son who was conceived on clomid in June 2010. I was lucky and got my bfp 1st cycle 50mg days 3-7. I'm on the same dosage this time round.
I don't ovulate and have no idea why but clomid seems to work nicely for me so hoping I will be as lucky this time but am with a different partner now so who knows! I'm on CD2 so take first tablet tomorrow. Sending everyone baby dust xx

:hi: good luck on this cycle!! And yes, seems like clomid works wonderfully on you! :)

:hi: hey Hopepray!

I started clomid on this cycle 50mg on CD5-9. The days I took clomid, had slight cramping. Then on CD14 I got ovulation pain that lasted even on the DPO days. I got an ultrasound on CD12, and I had a follicle that looked nicely!

Pola17-Tons of :dust:

Thanks pola17 for responding

I did one ultrasound today which is cycle day 13 , i didn't have any follicles which is about to mature ( one was 7mm &8.5mm) . My NP said i will have to wait till wednesday to know my progesterone level . I know this will take time ,god has a definite purpose about me . i am looking forward for the next followup.

Hopepray- Keep us posted on your levels, I am rooting for you here... Maybe the next dose up will give you nice follies :hugs:

Hi ladies this is my first month ttc baby no.2, I already have a 14 month old son who was conceived on clomid in June 2010. I was lucky and got my bfp 1st cycle 50mg days 3-7. I'm on the same dosage this time round.
I don't ovulate and have no idea why but clomid seems to work nicely for me so hoping I will be as lucky this time but am with a different partner now so who knows! I'm on CD2 so take first tablet tomorrow. Sending everyone baby dust xx

Tink- So glad Clomid works well for you! Are you being monitored? hopefully it will work just as quickly this time.

I just got back from my second midcycle ultrasound this cycle. I had one on day 14, friday, they said my lining was still too thin and only one follicle was just at where they like to see it. They scheduled me for another today day 17. Everything looked good. My lining thickened enough and the one follicle grew. So they gave me the Novarel, the trigger shot today even though I was surging since last night. I am praying this increased dose is enough to sustain a pregnancy now. [-o< I will get my progesterone checked next week.

:dust::dust::dust: to all! :hugs:

Thank u Maurie. Not being monitored this time other than 21 day progesterone to confirm Ov. X

Can I ask u ladies what colour your clomid tablets are? I'm sure when I took them before I remember them being white but these ones I have are a pale yellow/cream colour. They are a prescription that I was given two years ago before I found out I was pregnant. But the expiry date on them says 2014 and they have been stored in a cool dry place so surely they couldn't of discoloured with age? Do they sound ok to u?

Hi ladies

I got my blood test done which doesnt look gud seems like i will not ovulate in this cycle . My NP said that i could start another round of clomid starting today 150 mg and that i will not have to wait for my period i dnt know why she said so ? is it because i didn't have cyst on the cycle day 4 of this ultrasound ?.

@tink28
Clomid tablets are white in colour , i just got them today .

@maurie Gud luck !!!

Hi all,
I'm on clomid as well (10th cycle) I'm currently on 150 mg cd 15. I've found it tricky to ovulate with clomid with no explaination. we get inconsistent results and as of yet have not ovulated twice in a row. I wondered if anyone else has had success one month and then failure the next even if they've not changed their dose? My dr said its unusual but I'm hoping there might be some experience out there.

I'm on cycle 4 of clomid.... I ovulated on cycle 2, but not the 1st and 3rd.... waiting to see if I O this cycle.

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind if I join you, I am only starting Clomid next cycle, but I have a few questions?

I have been told to try 50mg first cylce then increase to 100mg if my cycle is longer than 30 days.

1) Have you had bad mood swings and/or other symptoms?

2) What dosage are you on and has it made you ovulate regularly?

3) Most of you seem to be being monitored in some way, but I will not be. Is it just to check if you are ovulating?

Thanks in advance! :flower:

Hi sapphia,

I've been on clomid for about 10 cycles (currently at 150mg) and I'm regularly monitored. I have a blood test on cd21 to check my progesterone levels if the results are above 30 it means I've ovulated and can stay at the same dosage if not I have to double the dose next cycle. I think that's pretty standard practice. I also have checkups with the fertility clinic.
I have had a couple of side affects but nothing major I've had headaches and tender breasts but as far as mood swings go I guess you have to ask my husband :)

I'm currently in my 2ww an have a blood test on Wednesday, waiting to know if you've ovulated is the hardest part of taking clomid. Good luck

Hi Ladies. I'm not new to BnB but I'm new to the clomid club. DH and I have been TTC for a year and 3 months & I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism. DH is fine and healthy. I just started first round of 50mg clomid this cycle and I got a positive OPK yesterday, but still no temp rise. I'm going to OPK again today to see if I get another positive. It was a blatant positive so I'm confused by no temp rise in my BBT chart...

Anyway, my question was have any of you experienced severe ovulation pain / cramping? It feels like I'm being stabbed and it takes my breath away. When the stabbing pain subsides I get very bad cramps. I've had ovulation pains near my hip for the last 2 days but but that was nothing compared to this. I hope it means I've ovulated or I'm ovulating but MAN does it hurt like crazy. It hurts to sit and stand :/ I ended up having to call in sick to work. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind if I join you, I am only starting Clomid next cycle, but I have a few questions?

I have been told to try 50mg first cylce then increase to 100mg if my cycle is longer than 30 days.

1) Have you had bad mood swings and/or other symptoms?

2) What dosage are you on and has it made you ovulate regularly?

3) Most of you seem to be being monitored in some way, but I will not be. Is it just to check if you are ovulating?

Thanks in advance! :flower:

Sapphia,
I am cycle 3 of Clomid. . 100mg
They increased me from 50mg to 100 after my miscarriage.
#1 50mg was not so bad. I was emotional but I am naturally. I am on 100mg and boy do you have to watch out for me! I am crazy! I cry durring stupid commercials, if someone said something wrong. I even cried because the weather was supposed to be sunny and not rainy like I had planned. :haha:

#2 I O regularly without the Clomid however my follies dont get big enough for fertilization so I am on Clomid for maturity of the eggs not O.

#3 On 50mg I was only monitored with 21 day bloods to check progesterone. On 100mg I am monitored very closely.

Hope that helps.:flower:
When are you starting Clomid?

Hi sapphia,

I've been on clomid for about 10 cycles (currently at 150mg) and I'm regularly monitored. I have a blood test on cd21 to check my progesterone levels if the results are above 30 it means I've ovulated and can stay at the same dosage if not I have to double the dose next cycle. I think that's pretty standard practice. I also have checkups with the fertility clinic.
I have had a couple of side affects but nothing major I've had headaches and tender breasts but as far as mood swings go I guess you have to ask my husband :)

I'm currently in my 2ww an have a blood test on Wednesday, waiting to know if you've ovulated is the hardest part of taking clomid. Good luck

How did your test go? I am also in the TWW I cant test until monday and I am dying as I am 9dpo. i had the trigger so they want at least 14dpo.

Hi Ladies. I'm not new to BnB but I'm new to the clomid club. DH and I have been TTC for a year and 3 months & I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism. DH is fine and healthy. I just started first round of 50mg clomid this cycle and I got a positive OPK yesterday, but still no temp rise. I'm going to OPK again today to see if I get another positive. It was a blatant positive so I'm confused by no temp rise in my BBT chart...

Anyway, my question was have any of you experienced severe ovulation pain / cramping? It feels like I'm being stabbed and it takes my breath away. When the stabbing pain subsides I get very bad cramps. I've had ovulation pains near my hip for the last 2 days but but that was nothing compared to this. I hope it means I've ovulated or I'm ovulating but MAN does it hurt like crazy. It hurts to sit and stand :/ I ended up having to call in sick to work. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Sorry about the O pain. I do get that at O. Mine is very sharp, lasts for a few seconds and subsides but does that for about an hour before it goes away. I never had cramps. well until AF...

:dust::dust:
hope everyone is doing well!

Maurie - thanks! They were something I'd never experienced before. Might be because of lack of ovulation cuz of PCOS, clomid side effects or a mix of both. I had to spend the whole day in bed, as the pain was on and off all day long. I wonder if that means I had a lot of eggs at once.... I'm glad the pain is over now and I feel much better today. My temp went up a bit too so FX for a sticky bean!

Maurie- I had my 21 day blood test this morning and I wont get the results until Friday. Very stressed out at this point as we had no O last cycle. We can use hpt next Wednesday. I'm trying not to think too much about it as the build up and disappointment is really hard and that's on top of a very stressful week ( my beautiful kitten died yesterday).

I've never been pregnant so I tend to look for signs constantly. Has anyone had a fluttery/ pressured feeling in stomach in tww? Is this a good sign or nothing? No other signs just this odd feeling like my trousers are really tight but they're not.

Hi every1

I went for the ultrasound today, my follicles were 18 mm, 15 mm &13 mm. Now i m on cycle day 10 . So Np gave me the injection to take it on my own . so what is the chance for the 13 mm follicle to ovulate if i take the injection tmrw???

Any 1 in similar boat plz i need a suggestion

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back