Clomid round 3 anyone else?

Hope all went well noele, all sounded positive from the scan, how are you feeling today?

I decided to tell the researchers I will take part in the trial. We go for next appointment on 10th July, first to meet with researchers to organise the trial, then a semen analysis and then the nurse consultation for injection teach and order meds so going to be a busy afternoon!
I'll be having the scratch on CD21 of this cycle then next cycle start the diet plan and the cycle after that start the ivf. So its only delaying it 1 cycle and after all this waiting it makes sense to be a bit more patient so can benefit from the scratch and have use of the embryoscope. Im not so sure if the scratch will still help having it 2 cycles before the ivf as think its best done the cycle prior to ivf, I spoke to the researcher today though and she said there is no evidence to say the timing of it makes a difference as long as they do it 1-2 cycles beforehand so hopefully be good still.

Let us know how the iui went, excited for you this cycle!

Good morning! Well my IUI went good yesterday afternoon. To me it felt very similar to my hsg dye test. It didn't hurt but was a little bit uncomfortable. I had only a little bit of pink spotting on the toilet paper when I went to the bathroom an hour later. I don't know what the post wash sperm count was the doctor said it was really good. He said it was off the charts so that was fabulous news since the past two SA dh had done he was on the lower side of average. But there was something the doctor found while washing the sperm... Apparently DH sperm did not liquefy (spelling?) As fast as it was supposed to. I guess sperm (when sitting out) should get thinner and not be so clumpy. And my doctor said dh sperm is on the thicker side which could possibly be why we could be having trouble because his swimmers might be having a hard time navigating through my reproductive track. I guess it makes sense and thinking about it I truely hope that is a big part of the problem because then you would think IUI would help with that!! As much as I've researched everything to do with infertility, this is something I have never came across. I did some more research last night and plan searching Google again today.

In case you ladies are interested, I will post what I've found out about it so far

Semen viscosity
Usually after ejaculation the semen should liquefy again in about 30 minutes. This allows the sperm free motility. If the semen does not liquefy or if it is very thick in consistency even after liquefaction, this suggests an infection of the seminal vesicles and prostate.

Everything I've found online so far says that one of the main reasons sperm could be too thick is due to dehydration (which is a possibility for my dh) so they suggest drinking lots more water.

Another, could be an infection in either the prostate gland or seminal vesicle. Which could possibly be treated simply by taking an antibiotic.

My doctor also told us that he noticed some white blood cells in my dh sperm which would go along with the assumption of a possible infection. My doctor did not say my dh needs to see his doctor about it but he said it might not be a bad idea to check it out. (DH is 100% not on board for that! I think he is actually terrified and does not want to make an appointment... But I really think he should)

I also read another thing that could help thin out sperm is for him to take mucinex... But I want to read more on that before having him try it.

I still have more reading to do on it but hopefully the IUI will be successful and I can stop nitpicking everything that is wrong with DH and I lol.

Now how do I figure which day is ovulation day? I always get so confused with the trigger shot. Not sure if I should count today or yesterday as O day?

Star- I am glad you decided to take part in the trial. And you are definitely right.. After waiting this long it will be worth being a little bit more patient. :) Still so excited for you!

Glad all went well noele, interesting to hear about that, would have thought they check that on each sa though? Im pretty sure ive read that vitamin c helps with that and to take 1000-2000mg a day so could be something to research
Hopefully you wont need to know this though as this cycle you will get your bfp! Definitely sounds like iui could help with it, exciting!

That's what I was thinking too! Wouldn't they have checked for that during his past two SA's? The first one was two years ago and the second was probably around a year ago. Who knows... Maybe this has only been going on for a short while and in that case I can't blame it on us not conceiving over the past 3 years. Lol I just wish DH and I could have a clear cut reason of why it is not working. I know everyone in the IF world wishes that but I feel like there are so many small factors for me that it 'could' be caused from. I just want to know!

Noele-- So glad everything went well yesterday. I think I counted the day I triggered as O day as mine were all done in the morning and I had a clear temp rise the next morning. Just checked on FF and it has it as the day after I triggered for the month I got pregnant.

Thanks Cntrygrl! I think I am going to count yesterday (IUI day & day after trigger) as ovulation day. I had a lot of ewcm yesterday too so I'm thinking all signs point to yesterday.

Im new to BB. I start round 3 on Friday. My first round I was on 50mg cd5-9, and didnt ovulate. My cd21 results came back at .29. Second cycle ob moved me up to 100mg and my cd21 came back at 5.17. So I hope this is a 3rd times a charm.

Comer-- Welcome and good luck to you!

Noele-- Did you end up testing out the trigger shot with a pregnancy test?

Comer- Welcome and sending you lots of babydust! Hopefully third times a charm for you!

Cntrygrl- I did test the day after Trigger (day of IUI) with both an opk and hpt and they were both positive so the trigger definitely worked. My last two trigger cycles the trigger was completely out of my system by 13 days past trigger and from 10-12 days past trigger they were extremely faint ghost lines. So my plan this cycle is to start testing out at 8 days past trigger. (I wanted to wait until 10 or 11 days past trigger but I am way to anxious this cycle lol)

Noele-- Just buy some cheap dollar store ones or the 88 cent ones at WalMart. Believe me they still work. I bought the CB digital week estimator ones after the second line was getting darker on the dollar store ones.

I think I might do that Cntrygrl! I only have two Wondfo hpt tests left and was going to save them but I think I will just use them up and buy some dollar store ones.

My temps are frustrating me! I know it's my fault for not temping consistently this month but still to me it looks as if I haven't ovulated and opks are useless with the trigger shot. Hoping to see s temp rise soon.

Noele-- You're doing vaginal temps and not oral temps, same time every morning, right?

Cntrygrl- yes vaginal temps and yes mostly same time every morning... Between 6:15 and 6:45. Most of the days I skipped this month I woke up at different times which is why I didn't temp. But when I do temp it is always within the same half our between 6:15 and 6:45am... I just wish I could have a normal clear pattern! Out of all these months I've been temping I feel like I still don't fully understand my charts and feel like I still don't see a clear pattern.

How are you doing noele?
Hope your keeping busy so time goes quick lol, will you still be testing out the trigger?

I'm CD3 today, had a 35 day cycle so not bad, hoping they stay fairly short and ivf will be start of Sept, I plan to take 2 weeks off after transfer if get to that point and already have 2 weeks off from 27th Sept so might work out I dont have to take any time off extra, not that it would really matter, 1 more cycle then I can start!

Star- I am doing good and so far the tww is going by fast but I'm thinking the last week will go by agonizingly slow lol I do plan on testing out the trigger starting tomorrow morning which will be 7dpt and 6dpiui. I really don't understand what is going on with my temps this cycle. Kind of worried my hormone levels are all out of whack... So frustrating!

I am excited you had another somewhat short cycle :) So this cycle what will you be doing? The endo scratch? Or is that next cycle?

Noele-- Can't wait for you to start testing out the trigger! We want daily pics for comparison.

Star-- Glad your cycle was shorter for you. So exciting to be moving forward.

Danni-- How are you doing?

Howarth-- Hope all is well with you.

Cntrygrl- I was so going to take a pic this morning but then I forgot lol but I didn't throw the test away because I never lol until AF arrives because I always like comparing the tests. The test was darker than the last time I did a 7dpt test. It wasn't dark by any means but I could clearly see a second line. I will try to upload a pic of it tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->