Clomid round 3 anyone else?

Adr- Do you normally spot before AF? Maybe try bding? That always helps me bring on AF... Worth a try maybe! Weird that no one answered at your doctor's office on Friday. Hope you are able to get in soon.

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me posting here, i've been ttc no.2 since August 2010 but currently had no luck, i've had a lap dye etc which found a issue with my left tube which I have been told is now sorted.
My Dr started me on Tamoxifen which I started taking in November, I am now onto round 3 :( hoping it works this month but who knows.
Has anyone tried Tamoxifen before? it seems to make me ovulate etc I had an internal scan and had 2 eggs but alas no bfp so i have booked for another internal on Wednesday to see how this month has gone.
Any advice would be much appreciated, i was told Tamoxifen is good etc but i'm not finding alot of research on it?
Thanks for reading me babble on :) x

Sjbno1-- Sorry I've never heard of Tamoxifen. Is it like Clomid or any of those?

I was able to look at my bloodwork and ultrasound results online. Now I see why they are worried. I have two other follicles one measuring 13.33 and the other at 12.98 that will make 8 follicles. There's 5 on the left and 3 on the right.

Sjbno1-- Sorry I've never heard of Tamoxifen. Is it like Clomid or any of those?

Yea its a similar drug from what i've read. I think I might ask my consultant on Wednesday what he thinks the next plan of action should be :) X

So AF has now arrived! I called the Dr. office and apparently referrals to her expire if you dont see her within 6 months even though she told me to wait 2 cycles after my miscarriage to start clomid for 5 cycles making it 7 months!!! doesnt make any sense to me and I ended up having a meltdown in my car on my lunch break at work. I have to go back to my family Dr. to get another refferal... last time i had to wait 6 months for her :( im going to ask for a new person because that is ridiculous! definetly not having the best day and its only Monday... sigh

Sorry to hear that adr, hope it doesnt take you Long to get an appointment with someone new, bit stupid to tell you to come back in seven months though!

Sj, I havent heard of it before, how long are you on it for?

Cntrygrl, hope this cycle can continue for you, how is everything today?

Noele, I'm CD17 , this cycle was a waste of time though as only bd days 12,12 and 15, the pressure was too much and I gave up with it, I think only ivf will work so didnt put much effort in this time around!

Sjbno1-Welcome! I have never heard of that medication before! But wishing you lots of babydust and hoping the third time is a charm for you :) Keep us posted on Wednesday!

Cntrygrl- Do you have another scan today?

Star- I know what you mean... Sometimes we just really need a break from this whole ttc thing! But you never know... All you need is 1 little swimmer and 1 egg ;-) As always I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Adr- I am really sorry to hear AF showed and that doctors are being a pain in the ass! I agree and think you should maybe look for a different doctor so you won't have to wait so long.

ADR-- So sorry about AF and the doctors. Sounds completely bogus. You may want to look into injectables. I have good follicle success with them.

Noele-- Yep another scan and bloodwork this morning.

AFM-- I triggered at the doctors today. IUI is scheduled for tomorrow morning. We are taking the risk of having multiples. Would you ladies take the risk or try naturally to reduce the odds some? I'm still debating on calling back to cancel the IUI and try naturally. The nurse talked about fetal reduction if there were too many. That scared me some.

Hi cntrygrl, good luck with iui tomoro, I would definitely take the risk s although multiples are riskier pregnancy maybe I would go for it, I couldn't cope with the foetal reduction but you might en up with twins, I would love to have twins!

ADR-- So sorry about AF and the doctors. Sounds completely bogus. You may want to look into injectables. I have good follicle success with them.

Noele-- Yep another scan and bloodwork this morning.

AFM-- I triggered at the doctors today. IUI is scheduled for tomorrow morning. We are taking the risk of having multiples. Would you ladies take the risk or try naturally to reduce the odds some? I'm still debating on calling back to cancel the IUI and try naturally. The nurse talked about fetal reduction if there were too many. That scared me some.

We trigged everytime with 5-6 mature follicles and never got pregnant so if say go for it so you can increase your chances!

Especially as you've been through all the meds to get to this point cntrygrl, you could always wonder what if otherwise, I'm sure you will be happy with whatever decision you make :)

Thank you ladies. We are going through with the IUI tomorrow. Our final count for follicles are on the left 1/18, 1/20, 2/15, 2/14 and on the right 1/18, 2/16, 2/11, 1/9

Well decided to test tonight and of course another bfn. Just waiting for af to arrive now.

Cntrygrl- I think I would definitely take the risk! Thinking about you today :) Good luck!

Dannixo- Sorry to hear about the BFN :-(

AFM- I am seriously an emotional wreck. Assuming this is caused by the increase dose of the Letrozole I am taking. It's only 9:30am and I've already cried twice today over random things... Yesterday I had a really rough at work and just went into the bathroom and cried. I cried to my husband when I got home from work... I feel like a mess. I'm not sure whether I am just having a bad week or if it really is side effects from the meds. Not fun either way. 1 week to go until CD 12. Did any of you ladies experience this when the doctor increased your dosage?

Well DH had a bit of an issue with his numbers today so they aren't as worried about high order multiples as they were. I start taking a baby aspirin tonight and then progesterone on Saturday. My next appt. is February 5th for a pregnancy test.

Hi ladies,
Hope your all well. Just logging in quickly whilst at work so will reply properly later :) anyway I went to my scan last night and I have 2 eggs on my right side and I'm due to ovu around cd13/14 so fingers crossed this works :)
My hubby has to go back for a SA which we should get results for quite quickly I hope and then discuss with my consultant what to do next.
He has mentioned that we may need to go down the IVF route but I'm not sure how I feel about that. Fingers crossed this cycle works or I could be bailing out of ttc#2 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->