Clomid round 3 anyone else?

Tuesday I started my 3rd round of Clomid 50mg days 4-8. It has been one hell of a ride for me! I ovulate regularly, have a Normal period, and everything including hubby is a ok! So I am taking clomid for unexplained infertility...the mood swings, hot flashes, manic crying, awful dreams and insomnia have made my life awful! I wanted to give up but this is my
Sat hope before I have to go to the infertility clinic, my Gyno will only do three months...I spotted the first month...but dr said all was fine...normal periods, lighter blood than normal...and I cannot tell if I am ovulating...no sore boobs, cramps, nothing! My plan is to have sex every other day from day 6 until a few days before my af! At least we will have fun trying...or try to! ;) we have been trying for 3 years.

Noele-- My Dr. doesn't seem to like Clomid. Since we had already done 6 cycles of it I wanted to try something different. We are doing straight injectables of menopur, bravelle, and lupron.

Lisa-- You should try using OPK's, temping, or asking your doctor for monitored cycles. This way you know if Clomid is even working for you.

AFM-- I can tell you my ovaries are starting to feel sore already. I noticed it Tuesday. I'm hoping they don't all decide to mature because then we would have to cancel the cycle. I'm not up for having a litter of children.

Dannixo- Thanks for the explanation :) I'm just learning all this stuff as I go and you ladies have been wonderful teachers!!

Cntrygrl- My doctor doesn't like Clomid either. As soon as I switched to him from my old doctor he immediately switched me to Letrozole. I am also hoping you don't have too many mature follies! Keep us updated with your scans :)

Lisa- Good luck to you! Maybe third time will be a charm for you! But I do agree with Cntrygrl. You should be using OPKS and temping to figure out when and if you are even ovulating.

Hi
Noele, your new plan sounds promising,glad to hear you are sounding excited, cant wait to see what this cycle brings you and cntrygrl, both starting new plans of actions could be a sign of a double bfp for this thread!

Lisa, good luck with this cycle, I'm unexplained too kind of, just have long cycles but everything ok

Dtd, I had a 50 day and 2 34 day cycles on 50mg and 100mg for 8 cycles have been 30-32 days, I would have thought a higher dose would shorten cycle length but nothing surprises me when it comes to Clomid, hope this is your lucky cycle :)

Danni and adr how are you doing?

Afm, I'm CD12 ,just trying to bd as much as poss,dh sent in another sample last week, just looking forward to appointment on 17th Feb so can move forward

So of those 8-10 it looks like we have 5 that are maturing. They are currently at 11mm. We'll see how big they are on Monday. The nurse said IUI will probably be later next week.

So of those 8-10 it looks like we have 5 that are maturing. They are currently at 11mm. We'll see how big they are on Monday. The nurse said IUI will probably be later next week.

Wow that's impressive! I am so jelly I didn't respond that well! I did have 4 at 20mm on cd 12 when I triggerd. Good luck! Hope they keep growing!

Hi Everyone,

Im CD30 / 13dpo. Iv started spotting today so im expecting AF to arrive on Sunday. Oh well thats the end of the road for me on clomid. Time to go back to the doctors. sigh

Sorry about the spotting adr, what do you think you will do next if af arrives?

Just an update. Although all my tests are normal and dh has normal S/A they discovered antisperm antibodies covering his sperm. It's something they don't usually test for. Unlikely to ever concieve without ivf with icsi. And we are out of pocket 100%. So now we know what we are dealing with. We are getting the funds together and going for it.

Hi lanet, glad to hear you have an answer and a treatment plan, does the antibodies come from the female? Just wondering what it actually is?

They can but in this case it's just in the semen, covering the sperm. Usually caused by injury or illness as a child, or a vasectomy reversal. In this case we arent sure why.

Hey Ladies! Happy Monday :)

Cntrygrl- Glad to hear you have 5 eggs maturing! That's good news. Keep us posted today!

Adr- Sorry to hear about the spotting. Keep us updated as far as what your next steps are! Has AF shown yet or still spotting?

Lanet- Wishing you luck with IVF!!!

AFM- AF showed on Saturday so today is CD 3 and I get to start Letrozole today :) CD 12 ultrasound in 9 days!

Hi noele, you must be excited to start a new cycle, sending you lots of babydust

Good luck with the iui cntrygrl, sounds like all is going well!

Good Morning Ladies. Went in this morning for bloodwork and ultrasound we have a surprise 6th egg. If we get anymore my cycle will have to be cancelled. Tonight I am only doing the Bravelle and Lupron. No Menopur hopefully that will keep anymore from popping up. The largest follicle is currently 17mm. I have another appointment tomorrow morning to make sure there aren't anymore surprises.

Star- I am excited :) I'm starting my Letrozole this evening! How are you? Where are you at in your cycle now?

Cntrygrl- I will be praying you have no more surprise follicles! Keep us posted tomorrow!

Hey Ladies! Happy Monday :)

Cntrygrl- Glad to hear you have 5 eggs maturing! That's good news. Keep us posted today!

Adr- Sorry to hear about the spotting. Keep us updated as far as what your next steps are! Has AF shown yet or still spotting?

Lanet- Wishing you luck with IVF!!!

AFM- AF showed on Saturday so today is CD 3 and I get to start Letrozole today :) CD 12 ultrasound in 9 days!

Hi Everyone. Happy Monday!

Noele - Im still spotting. Im currently at CD33 about 16dpo. im getting strong AF pains but only spotting. I wish it would come already and then i could move on... it sucks to be stuck in limbo. Im going to make a doctors appointment today (I tried on Fri but no one at the Dr. office answered).

How is everyone else doing out there?

ADR-- Do you think maybe it could be implantation spotting? Hopefully they'll be able to get you in soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->