Clomid Users, did you ovulate same time, later or earlier than pre-clomid cycles

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
I just finished my first Clomid cycle Monday.... 50mg days 3-7..I'm CD11 now and I just did an OPK and it was stark white..not even a hint of color on the test line....we did it Tuesday night..with pre-seed and softcups and then last night with pre-seed and softcups and Im worried that I either ovulated early and we didnt get in enough BD (but I never had any real pains) OR that maybe Im gonna ovulate later than usual...

So just wondering what others experiences were with Clomid and how it affected your ovulation if you were ovulating before taking it like I was...

I would start takeing OPK from CD10 until you get a + but don't trust a + until CD12 or later because clomid will effect OPK's in some people (not all) for the 1st couple days after taking it. This was my first clomid cycle too, I took 50mg 5-9 and ovulated 2 days late. I normally ovulate on CD16 with a +OPK on cd15 and have a 28-30day cycle but I didn't get my +OPK until CD17 and "O"'d on CD18.

Oh and just a warning, you might feel your ovulation more then normal, it is different for everyone but I felt it for 2days as my egg came down and went back up.

wow..came down and went back up?! lol..yeah I normally have horrid ovulation pains so I am really afraid of what a Clomid ovulation will be like..but then again I guess Im hoping it wont be anything worse than it was in the past...hubby wants to get in a BD tomorrow morning which is great since I usually have to beg him lol...so I guess we'll just keep it up every other day and then +1 day once I get a + OPK or ovulation pains

I am a bit worried about the clomid ov pains too. I hate my OV pains, so a clomid ov is going to be insane! lol. I OV late anyway, so I hope clomid helps. Good luck everyone!

wow..came down and went back up?! lol..yeah I normally have horrid ovulation pains so I am really afraid of what a Clomid ovulation will be like..but then again I guess Im hoping it wont be anything worse than it was in the past...hubby wants to get in a BD tomorrow morning which is great since I usually have to beg him lol...so I guess we'll just keep it up every other day and then +1 day once I get a + OPK or ovulation pains

That it what it felt like lol. I could barely walk the 1st day (cd18) and then the next day it got a little better and by the 3rd day it was gone after 1hour, thats why I don't count the 3rd day.

My doctor had us DTD CD12,14,16,18 and 20 but that was because I normally "O" on cd16 so by the time cd20 came around we had to force ourselves lol. Did your doctor give you a BD schedule? mine was on a chart

Nope..didnt get a schedule but have did it CD8 CD 11 and will do it tomm and then every other day...Did you ovulate before clomid? and if so was it bad?

I dont ovulate on my own, but with clomid i ovulated cd 26 which was pretty late, but Im glad it happened. Good luck.

wow that is really late..so when will you test Tina?

Nope..didnt get a schedule but have did it CD8 CD 11 and will do it tomm and then every other day...Did you ovulate before clomid? and if so was it bad?

Yes I do ovulate without clomid and I rarely felt it except sometimes I would wake up and feel a twinge but nothing like this.

Oh...well my ovulation pains are normally horrible and like a throbbing stabbing pain on whichever ovary..normally my left one...so hopefully..hopefully..it wont be any worse than that... mine are so bad they would keep me up in pain and I would just be exhausted but not able to sleep..and my period cramps were so bad I would be exhausted just from the cramping my muscles was doing....blah.... lol.. my OPK actually has a line!! its not positive of course but these are $tree ones and so apparently it can take up to 10 mins for a line to show..Im used to the ICs where it shows up right away....so yay..I might ovulate on schedule as planned

I dont ovulate on my own, but with clomid i ovulated cd 26 which was pretty late, but Im glad it happened. Good luck.

I thought something was wrong. I am on 50mg of clomid for the very first time, and it's cd20 and I haven't ovulated yet. I was getting worried.

Thanks for sharing.

hi ladies...incase you havent seen my posts somewhere else..we got our BFP on Feb 11th!! I go tomorrow for my first OB labs and then hopefully an early scan after that in a few weeks....cant wait!!..babydust to all of you!! Clomid is amazing!!!

Was this your first cycle on clomid? [CONGRATS by the way!! :flower: ]
Did it make you feel sick at all?

I plan on taking it sometime toward the end of April/beginning of May...

How long were you TTC before you took it?

Thanks so much! and I apologize for a tirade of Qs which you probably won't be able to answer now that you're so excited about being a momma-to-be! :)

ha ha...it was my first cycle!!! i was soo ready for it to just be a BFN again not thinking we would be the lucky people that would get it on their first cycle...

we were TTC since August of last year and I was diagnosed with PCOS after my 2nd MC in September...and then she put me on metformin (which I stopped taking because it killed my stomach) and I did the Clomid this past cycle and it worked!!!!

the Clomid side effects were just painful ovulation and then also horrible mood swings lol lol...but no stomach sickness and no morning sickness yet either so far lol..

Ok; I think I will give it a shot over the summer then...AF is about to start today, which means I am entering cycle 19. :nope: Just about had it. Your story is giving me some hope, though!

Thanks! :flower: [and I hope the morning sickness stays away!]

I actually ended up not having labs yesterday but got a super early US instead!! just saw the sac and we go back next friday to see the baby and the heartbeat hopefully...cant wait!!!

MrsJerome, congrats on your BFP! This is my first cycle on clomid, I am currently 5dpo. I am having some AF feelings down there, not as bad as AF, but its heavy and kinda achey since 4dpo. Did you have any of this after ovulation ?

for the first few days after ovulation (and I definitely felt ovulation on Jan 31st) I had some minor minor cramping and twinging, only enough to feel not really enough to hurt. Around 5DPO I started having insomnia and would either be up all night tossing and turning and having crazy dreams when I did manage to sleep or would be up super early at like..6am..I would later crash at around 11am again lol...then...my boobs got super super super sore which normally only my nipples get sensitive and also started going potty a lot more around 8-9 DPO..I had a slight slight thought it was an evap line at 9DPO and 10DPO and was due in at 11 DPO for progesterone level check..so I thought what the hell I'll use my FRER just to see incase I need to get betas done too..and....low and behold!!! a faint faint faint line came up within 5 minutes!! I couldnt believe it...my betas were 17 that day...then were 63 at 14DPO....160 at 17 DPO and then finally over 1000 at 21DPO.... but I didnt get a dark dark FRER until Thursday of last week...

Really hope this is it for you!! I had a feeling this time I was really preggie and I was right...keep me updated when you test!! I know testing early can be heartbreaking at first and then a huge surprise later on when it gets darker and this was the case for me..here are my test..first is the 10DPO $Tree cheapie faintest line, thought it was an evap.. then the FRER from 11DPO..with the faintest line...then the finally dark FRER with 3rd morning urine at 17DPO.....

https://i54.tinypic.com/20jo2dx.jpg

https://i54.tinypic.com/29nuona.jpg

https://i54.tinypic.com/14l0g3k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"