• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

clomid...what to expect

flipbabies

Reaction score
hi ladies.

sunday i will start my first round of clomid. i've done a lot of online research about what i can expect but i wanted to ask you ladies too...

what kind of side effects? how bad? did you track ovulation while taking it? were you also prescribed crinone 8% gel for the second part of your period? i don't have PCOS but have been trying to conceive #2 for over 1 year and i feel hopeful (but scared) that i'm finally taking a new step in this crazy TTC process.

Hi Flip!

I just finished my third round of Clomid and I did have some side effects-- especially in the first two cycles. I was very emotional (weepy) while on the Clomid, but that did diminish after I finished the five days of pills. Other side effects stuck with me throughout the cycle-- hot flashes (mostly at night, after taking the pill), constipation (so bad I had to take Miralax every day), and forgetfulness.

I did also take Crinone for one cycle, but I hated it so much I asked to switch to a pill rather than a cream. The Crinone builds up, so you have to manually clean it out. It's beyond disgusting. I can't say for sure what emotional side effects I had from the Crinone, but the pill I took (inserted vaginally as well) made me extremely moody (like I was on an emotional roller coaster) and kind of sleepy.

Clomid did its job-- made more follicles mature for me. I did track ovulation and I ovulated around the same time as usual. However, because of the emotional side effects, my doctor is now switching me to Femara.

Good luck!

i started out taking 50 mg and i had some pretty major mood swings. i did start having problems when re upped the dose to 200 mg. i started having very bad visual disturbances- seeing trails and weird shadows. i called him and he seemed totally unconcerned about it. it's gotten a lot better, but even now (about a year later) i still "see" things every once in awhile out of the corner of my eye that i think is a bug crawling in my peripheral vision, but there's nothing there. i looked online and it can cause permanent vision changes, but apparently it's a VERY RARE side effect. (lucky me! :haha:)

other than that, it did what it was supposed to. i o'd every time.

I had really bad O cramps, and it made me moody and hormonal! I did 4 cycles.... and am not pg with twins!

thanks for the info ladies!! it's always helpful to hear real life accounts of how it effects people. i dont care about the emotional side-effects as much. i already feel like im an emotional basketcase, so whats a little more estrogen! ha

a little scary with the vision stuff, so i'll be aware, thanks for the heads up bexxc!

so...bexxc and hopingfor4...you're both pregnant now? how many cycles did it take? and how frequent did you go in to see your doctor? how long had you been trying before you got your BFP and does your doctor attribute it to taking the clomid?

thanks!! and sorry for all the questions...just curious :)

dh and i were ttc for two years. I did 4 cycles of clomid, took a couple months off, then did 2 cycles of clomid and 1 cycle of femara- all with timed bd as opposed to iui. after that dh FINALLY agreed to have an sa and the results were grim, so we abandoned treatment to save up for icsi. while we were saving our pennies (ha!) dh (who tends to WAAAAAAAAY overimbibe) quit drinking. i got pregnant naturally 2 months after he quit.

the funny thing was, before starting clomid, i didn't o on my own at all. after the clomid, i o'd on my own. my cycles were still long- 35 or 40 days, but at least we still had a chance to conceive.

i highly urge you (if you haven't yet) to have your oh tested before putting yourself through any kind of treatments.

best best best of luck!!!!

dh and i were ttc for two years. I did 4 cycles of clomid, took a couple months off, then did 2 cycles of clomid and 1 cycle of femara- all with timed bd as opposed to iui. after that dh FINALLY agreed to have an sa and the results were grim, so we abandoned treatment to save up for icsi. while we were saving our pennies (ha!) dh (who tends to WAAAAAAAAY overimbibe) quit drinking. i got pregnant naturally 2 months after he quit.

the funny thing was, before starting clomid, i didn't o on my own at all. after the clomid, i o'd on my own. my cycles were still long- 35 or 40 days, but at least we still had a chance to conceive.

i highly urge you (if you haven't yet) to have your oh tested before putting yourself through any kind of treatments.

best best best of luck!!!!

Hi Bexxc,

How are you? I was just reading then decided to registrer and talk.
I have a 3 year old and decided to have a second baby, but my Dr put me on clomid 100 mg and pregnyl, I ovulated on both cycles but quit after the second cycle 'cos was getting horrible pain and no pregnancy.
Am a bit fed up now but need someone to share this. I was glad to see that u r going to deliver a chubby baby soon.

Guess I just have to quit the fertility treatments.
How did u cope while taking a break?

Fredael.

while we were on a break from treatments, i continued to chart and use my cbfm and it helped me hold out a bit of hope because i knew i was still o'ing. i suppose it also helped that, since we were saving money for icsi, our break was a productive one. that being said, it was really hard to "give up" for awhile- we honestly didn't have much of a choice.

Hey B,

Thanks for ur testimony, I was on clomid for 2 cycles but guess my body was like over making it. Then I decided to quit for a couple of months. Cos I was been to mechanic on the topic, bding bcos we had too, the 2 weeks wait, the symptomes like early pregnancy, sore boobs, ...
It was making me crazy that I decided to stop calculating.

I'll maybe start again in a couple of months as am starting a new job.
Is this ur first pregnancy?

Fredael.:flower:

i totally know what you mean. we were at it for two years and it did really turn sex, ttc, etc. into a huge chore. it's worth it in the end, but it did become very draining- especially since on our "breaks" we were still trying (which i'm glad we did).

this is my first pregnancy, so it's been terrifying and insanely exciting all at the same time.

Know the feeling abt ur excitement and fears. Looking for the best
For ur little diamond . I also told myself that will try to forget this
And start afresh then got sick so dt really feel like bding. Guess its allergies
N stuffy nose, swollen eyes n too much work pfff. Well will keep u updated. Did u
Continue to take ov test during ur break?

Take care n stay blessed.

Fredael:flower:

yes- i continued charting and using cbfm because my cycles are super long and irregular. i wouldn't know when to expect af otherwise!

TTC since 2010, I know what you mean about all the heartache and worry and the stress it puts on you. I'm on my 2nd cycle of clomid, just had the day 21 progesterone today, I'm so exhausted with it! Hopefully we BD'd at the right sort of time, although I had to work a couple of night shifts two days after I think I ovulated. GL to you all x

I started taking clomid 50mg cd5-9 in june and had a BFN, and it gave me a horrible period, almost to the point I wish I was dead.
I took my second dose of clomid in July cd2-6, I thought I got my AF which was just spotting for 3 days, spotting brown, and red blood, (TMI I was experimenting, and wore a lite tampon for like 9hrs only to remove it with one brown spot on it. I always have a 5 day period, with no spotting, it just comes, and it flows. I took a HPT and got a BFP and a couple days later I took another one and it to was BFP. My first baby appointment is in September. According to my AF in July I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. Thought I would share my storie.

Just want to add I only have one fallopian tube, and I've never O'ed on my own til I took clomid.

***************BABY DUST TO ALL YOU LADIES*********************

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->