Close age gap

sunshine2014

Reaction score
My LO is almost 6 months. I've had two miscarriages before her, but we were fortunate to get pregnant right away all three times.

I want another baby as soon as possible, and want to try within the next few months. I'm also semi expecting another miscarriage...or at least want to be prepared for that possibility.

Has anyone had a close age gap between babies, and what are the pros/cons you found?

Hi hun sorry I can't help as much but my 2 are 2 years and 4 months between them so not a huge age gap! At that age gap the pros where dd was able to play big sister as she was 2 and a half so old enough with bathing dressing fetching nappies or wipes that sort of thing! The only cons are now their a bit older dd who's 4 and ds who's 22months fight like cat and dog as he's now seen as the annoying littke brother! 😂 sorry I'm not much help! My friends boys are 15 months apart and are like eachothers shadows and do EVERYTHING together but she founded it harder in the beginning as her eldest was just 15 months when she had the baby! But now their a breeze 😄 I've gone opposite it was easy at first now its a challenge but that could be gender related not just an age thing! Personally if I was brave enough I would have had a closer gap 😄

Hi, sunshine! I have a 20 month old son and a five month old daughter. So far, I actually love with small age gap! It was hard at first, but with only 15.5 months between them, they are already becoming close. My son LOVES his baby sister. Borderline obsessed with her. Lol. It's so cute. When I was pregnant with her, we were actually planning on waiting about 3-4 years before having #3 (if we had another at all), but we have liked the small age gap so much that we now are planning on adding our final baby much sooner. We are WTT until at least September of this year. We want an 18-21 month gap this time, ideally. I think the extra couple months might help make things just a little easier.

my kids have 26 months age gap. there are definitely some pros and cons. the best thing is that they like the same things and activities and its easy to do things together that everyone enjoys. we can really have a lot of fun together, and I wouldn't change a thing. There is always a friend to play with.

the cons- constant fighting! it got somewhat better, but some days they get into it every five minutes! the older one teases and the little one whines.

I think if I had a choice, I would have a slightly bigger age gap- maybe 3 or 4 years. but I also have a miscarriage history so I was going for it no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->