• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Close feedings?

Expecting1

Reaction score
Tanner's sort of come off his 3hr timing. In the last 2&half hours he's been on 24 minutes one side and wouldn't take the other, 1hr45 later he was on for 12minutes one side and 6 the other.
Is this cluster feeding? He's 2wks tomorrow is he too young for cluster feeds?

I spent the entire first 7 weeks cluster feeding! Actually thinking about it my daughter still clusterfeeds during the day....wonder if they ever grow out of it....

Thank you. He actually screeched for boob just after I posted, then when he got it.... out like a light! :dohh: him and his trickery lol he just wanted 'comfort boob' that time lol.
Are 5 & 8 minute feeds about 1-2hourly consistent with 'cluster feeding'? (He went from over half hour feeds 3hrly) I'm not quite sure how cluster feeds work :blush:

Cluster feeding is the baby wanting to nurse a lot, I guess it can vary, but my lo would nurse for two-three hours straight with a few minutes off in the middle. I don't consider ten minute feeds 1-2 hours apart cluster feeding. But that's just my opinion :)

If you have more than 45 mins between a feed then I'd just call that "normal breastfeeding"

Cluster feeding for me was 11pm-5am non stop feeding.

Now at 16 weeks DD still wants fed again an hour after eating. And I don't count that as cluster feeding.

Would you think it was abnormal if you had a meal then maybe had a drink or a snack an hour later?

Remember milk is babies meals, snacks and drinks.

Also, the BEST thing I did for my BFing stress levels was to never look at a clock!

Thanks for that. I'm not sure why but I get stressed if I don't look at the clock :confused: lol.
Ooh got to go, someone's peckish again :)

Yes, I wouldn't bother to try to figure out any patterns at this age :). Go with the flow! When true cluster feeding is going on, you will definitely know it :) :) Ditch the clock and relax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->