• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[CLOSED GROUP]Team Festivus 2014: Let's party! Where's the eggnog?

Congrats, Mara!

There are sooo many awesome shirts like that out there. I want an entire collection for going out in public. Lol!

Sooo, anyone doing any Thanksgiving prep work soon? Shopping? Restocking? Decorating?

I bought this a few weeks ago. I hope it'll fit! (I'm ridiculous. I can't help it.)

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/03b8bda3-79a1-4bbe-abfb-c66e7b7eaf93_zps33a21702.jpg

omg! Texas. You made me laugh out loud, at a meeting! I love that Turkey Get-UP! <3

TX, I love it!

Snack, I'm still planning the menu. I need to narrow it down though because I'm cooking for 13 adults and three kids and not an entire army. :) So far the menu is Turkey, Ham, noodles (homemade, of course), Mac and cheese (homemade), stuffing (stove top because I think stuffing is disgusting), corn, rolls (homemade), mashed potatoes, and perogies if I get ambitious. I don't really do baking so my sister will make all of the pies, another sister will supply the drinks, the third sister has two kids under three and does well to shower daily so she doesn't have to bring anything, and my mom doesn't really cook so she'll just show up and give me money.

Sounds solid Pirate!

I'm also doing a turkey. I specialize in stuffing, pre-order the bread/croutons from a local bakery, and this year I think I'll do granny apple and pine nuts stuffing.
My sis does smashed potatoes. My cousin brings string bean casserole, cream of corn, and candied yams... If anything else is added to the menu its Mexican randoms, like I'll decide I also want cheese enchiladas, or chips and salsa... maybe guacamole.

My bro does all the liquor. He is FAB at the bar <3

You are all making me hungry!!!!

I never plan ahead! :dohh: I'll be happy if I go shopping a day or two before!:haha:

OMG STUFFING!!!! I WANT SOME IN MY MOUTH STAT!!

I fucking love stuffing. And I like the cheap shit in a box too, nothing fancy. Not sure what we're even doing for T-Day but if it doesn't involve family dinner than I'm buying a box of stuffing and eating it all by myself.

P.S. I'm totally going over to Pirate's or Snacky's for Thanksgiving.

I also love stuffing, my mom makes a bomb azz stuffing!!

Mmm. Everyone's menus sound delicious!!

I'm with you, JJ. I'll eat the shit out of some stuffing (Stovetop too).

I usually make my great grandmother's cornbread stuffing (more accurately cornbread and biscuit stuffing), but due to my damn elimination diet, I can't have corn, gluten or dairy. I'm coming up with alternatives for everything. The only thing I know for sure right now is we're getting our turkey locally from a farm, we're having green beans almondine, and my MILs recipe for brandied yams.

We're going to celebrate at my house on Wednesday with my little brother (the rest of the family is in CA) and a couple friends. On Thanksgiving we're going to the parents' house of one of our friends. They're super loaded and they have a huge celebration every year with 80+ people. They've invited us for the past three years and we've never gone. It should be a fun experience.

We have TWO new lil turkeys in the oven now!https://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/thanksgiving/turkey-dancing.gif :wohoo:

Congrats Nicki123!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"