• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[CLOSED GROUP]Team Festivus 2014: Let's party! Where's the eggnog?

Welcome Baby Oliver Congrats Amy :hugs:

Welcome baby Oliver! Congrats Amy! Hope he gets to come home soon!

Ginger, I'm about a week behind you... AF is due the 15th. That would be a fun secret for Christmas. Lol.

Yup! But definitely wouldn't be telling anyone. Though we're sure our friend is going to figure it out since I won't be drinking when we go out. :haha: We have already decided that we won't volunteer the information, but we won't lie if he asks.

My parents have asked us down to Salt Lake City for Thanksgiving. That is like day 8 of my TWW. I don't know how I am going to handle wine. You don't say no to a Greek mom with a bottle in her hand.

Thank you guys!! We're incredibly happy! Its a very emotional time, so I'll be back with you when we're back home :)'x

My parents have asked us down to Salt Lake City for Thanksgiving. That is like day 8 of my TWW. I don't know how I am going to handle wine. You don't say no to a Greek mom with a bottle in her hand.

Hmm, you could always take a glass and just walk around with it. Eventually pour it into the sink or your OH's glass. :lol:

Mara has a good plan.

And no way would we be telling anyone, either. It'll just be interesting if we do catch it this cycle AND it's a sticky one. We decided to move about the end of February. Which would be the exact same time that we'd finally tell everyone.... Talk about pissing our families off!

Great timing, Biblio!

If I could possibly get a BFP before Christmas, I'll probably tell my family, only because I'll actually be with them in person and who knows when that will happen again. I would want them for support if anything happened anyway but would put them under strict orders not to talk OR get too excited!

Congrats, Amy!!! Welcome, Oliver!!!

So I'm super excited! Winter has finally arrived here! We have snow coming in all weekend. I've been staring out the window all day waiting for it to start. It's getting me in the holiday spirit. DH is working tonight and my little bro is coming over and we're going to have a mini Game of Thrones marathon. It's a perfect end to a very busy work week.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

It seems amusing writing about watching Game of Thrones and also about Winter coming!

Am I the only person who has never seen Game of Thrones?

Am I the only person who has never seen Game of Thrones?
You are not alone. I have not seen it or read it. Same thing with the Hunger Games.

I just noticed your avatars trail has color. On my iPad it just looked brown. Ugh time to go Christmas shopping for my parents. I have no ideas or gifts and we drive down to see them next week. At least it will be 8-11 dpo so I may be forced to not test super early.

It seems amusing writing about watching Game of Thrones and also about Winter coming!

Hehehehe!

But BOOOOOOO winter. I hate it. Then again, we had our first snow 2 months ago and it'll last until April... Blech. But we're escaping in February! :happydance:

Hubby tried to get me to go to the midnight premier of Catching Fire. Um.... No, thanks. I don't like sharing that much personal space with strangers.

I have mixed feelings about winter. I much prefer warm weather and long days, but on the other hand, I like that no one expects me to 'make the most of the good weather' and I can just stay in with a book or DVDs and drink hot chocolate under a slanket.

I haven't seen GoT either. I did see the first Hunger Games movie, but only because I got in for free. It was a big deal around here, because the guy who plays Peeta is from this town. He went to high school like ten minutes from my house. I had some coworkers who were his classmates.

That was a strange coincidence about GoT and the winter comments. Geez, I hope it's not a decade long winter!

I live in a place with relatively mild winters. I would probably feel the same as Biblio if I lived somewhere with more extreme weather. Of course weather in general is exciting for me after spending 28 years of my life in parts of CA with minimal weather changes. Where I live in NM, maybe we have a snow once a week in the winter but no more than a few inches and it melts off by afternoon usually. You never have to shovel and the sun shines all winter long. I like winter sports and not having to feel guilty, as Fezzle said, about being lazy. In the spring and summer, I'm out gardening and working in the yard much of the time, so I love being a hermit for several months. I also love winter foods!

I've read the Hunger Games trilogy and seen the first movie. Haven't seen the second movie yet, but will in the near future.

My sister keeps telling me to read Game of Thrones, but I don't have a lot of free time for reading, unfortunately.

I tried watching game of thrones, but idk, I think I will try it again someday. I did like the hunger games books though.

I have read game of thrones loved it but i have not watched it

I ovulated! Hopefully this atheist gets an awesome early Christmas present!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->